If you think Mary remained a virgin till she died, then bet on it

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remember where the term mother of God came from. I believe it started in babylon.
Lol....Hold on EG......HOLD ON! Slow down cowboy. Pull back those reins.

You asked, "Remember where the term mother of God came from".

And then you kind of answer your own question saying that you BELIEVE it started in Babylon.....but then don't give any evidence for what you BELIEVE! :jest: YOU don't remember where the term came from....... But then tell us what YOU believe to be true. A thousand paper cuts, a thousand paper cuts......I'm dying with a thousand paper cuts.

Would you BELIEVE that according to your own Christian history the term DIDN'T start in Babylon?

Curious Mary

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Semerimus comes to mind.

Either way, It is well proven that moth of God is a pagan doctrine, it is in all of the roman and greek mythologies. all one has to do is look it it PS, I do not consider your history my history..

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No there was not

And even if you think there was you can not prove it.

Anyway, If the Catholic Church WAS the true church, do you not think they would follow Gods law?

Did you hear your pope just approved the catholic church to enable them to BLESS homosexual unions now. Saying we should not burden people and they “should not be subjected to an exhaustive moral analysis“

when did God say it was ok for a man to lay with a man like he did a woman, which he called an abomination?

have you looked at your churches history? I would be ashamed
"They" who?

God's Church has the fullness of God's teaching. Whether each/any individual lives up to that teaching is between them and God.

The analogy I usually use when teaching is to compare the Church to a franchised gym. This franchise claims to have the world's best gyms, with the best equipment and programs, hands down. One day, you go check it out, and there are some people, including some trainers, who look like they weigh 400 lbs and couldn't walk across the street without getting out of breath! Your immediate thought is that this gym is terrible! It cannot possibly be what it claims to be! But upon further investigation, you find out that these individuals 1) don't use the equipment and 2) don't follow the programs. They actually do the opposite. They sit around drinking milkshakes, eating donuts, and watching others exercise while they talk about it. So, would you blame the gym for their failure, or them? I would argue, clearly, them.

The Catholic Church is not a museum of Saints, but a hospital for sinners, founded by Jesus Christ. If you never sinned, then you have no need of the Church.

The Church's history includes people like Judas Iscariot, who betrayed Our Lord. It includes Peter, the one Jesus chose to first guide His Church after He ascended to heaven, but who denied Him three times. And the rest, except for John, deserted Him in his hour of need like cowards. Yet, these are the men Jesus hand-picked. These are the men who were the first members of His Church. And this Church has been in existence from the beginning, and has continued to grow. The majority of Christians belong to this Church.

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Marymog... I'm going to give you a gift... This is a Church built on the last know residents of Mary... I took this picture about 3 weeks ago... She ended her life in a beautiful location.... There is a natural spring that flows below the house... People like you drink from it... thinking it gives them magical powers of healing or something... anyway... trying to be nice....

Paul

Attachments

• 20231120_083750.jpg
    20231120_083750.jpg
    911.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 20231120_084617.jpg
    20231120_084617.jpg
    873.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 20231120_084204.jpg
    20231120_084204.jpg
    683.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Define "wrong".

In any normal marital relationship sleeping with your spouse is not dirty.

It doesn't change the points I made of which you didn't address.
You did not make any points that I noticed. I would think there would be something wrong with both Mary and Joseph if they were not being normal.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You did not make any points that I noticed. I would think there would be something wrong with both Mary and Joseph if they were not being normal.
Got it....I understand your POV.

Mary and Joseph were not normal. She is the only person chosen by God to give birth to his son.....that is not normal. He was chosen by God to protect Mary and Jesus here on earth and be the earthly father to His son....that is not normal.

With that said there would be nothing wrong with them NOT engaging in normal sexual relationships because they were not in a normal marriage.

Mary

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Got it....I understand your POV.

Mary and Joseph were not normal. She is the only person chosen by God to give birth to his son.....that is not normal. He was chosen by God to protect Mary and Jesus here on earth and be the earthly father to His son....that is not normal.

With that said there would be nothing wrong with them NOT engaging in normal sexual relationships because they were not in a normal marriage.

Mary
I must have missed something in your conclusion. How is it that they were not in a normal marriage? How did her giving birth to Jesus make their marriage not normal?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Marymog... I'm going to give you a gift... This is a Church built on the last know residents of Mary... I took this picture about 3 weeks ago... She ended her life in a beautiful location.... There is a natural spring that flows below the house... People like you drink from it... thinking it gives them magical powers of healing or something... anyway... trying to be nice....

Paul
Hey Pierac,

I have done a google Scholar search of Josephus's book on the history of the Jews. I searched for anything he said about Mary having other children and I (well actually Google) can't find anything in his book saying Mary had other children.

Can you please quote exactly what he said on the subject? Give me a page number from the book you allegedly read that says what you allege?

Or have I caught you not being truthful?

Curious Karen

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Paul
People like me?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I must have missed something in your conclusion. How is it that they were not in a normal marriage? How did her giving birth to Jesus make their marriage not normal?
Ah….I see what you mean Pterlag,

Even though there was nothing normal about Mary giving birth to Gods son and it’s not normal to be called by God blessed among women and no normal man would be chosen to be his father on earth your theory is that they still had a normal marriage? Arguments, jealousy, I’m mad at you because you didn’t take out the trash, sex etc etc They were both normal people with normal desires raising Gods son here on earth?

Where is your evidence of that theory?

Scripture doesn’t flat out say that they had arguments, jealousy, lack of doing home chores or if they did or didn’t have sex OR that Mary had other children! So neither of us can use Scripture as rock solid undeniable proof of what we believe.

Sooo what else do you have to back up what you believe?

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah….I see what you mean Pterlag,

Even though there was nothing normal about Mary giving birth to Gods son and it’s not normal to be called by God blessed among women and no normal man would be chosen to be his father on earth your theory is that they still had a normal marriage? Arguments, jealousy, I’m mad at you because you didn’t take out the trash, sex etc etc They were both normal people with normal desires raising Gods son here on earth?

Where is your evidence of that theory?

Scripture doesn’t flat out say that they had arguments, jealousy, lack of doing home chores or if they did or didn’t have sex OR that Mary had other children! So neither of us can use Scripture as rock solid undeniable proof of what we believe.

Sooo what else do you have to back up what you believe?
How did Mary get at least 7 kids without sleeping with a man...

Matthew 13:55-56
Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren,
James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?

And his
sisters, are they not all with us?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How did Mary get at least 7 kids without sleeping with a man...

Matthew 13:55-56
Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren,
James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?

And his
sisters, are they not all with us?
hmmm...7? you list 4 and then add 3 more assuming the 3 are sisters? I don't like assumptions but I do like biblical and historical Christian facts:

James and Joseph (also called Joses) are indeed the children of Mary, just not Mary the mother of Jesus. In Matthew’s account of the crucifixion and death of Jesus, he writes: “There were also many women there, looking on from afar, who had followed Jesus from Galilee, ministering to him; among who were Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James and Joseph, and the mother of the sons of Zebedee.”

Jude describes himself (Jude 1:5) as the brother of James.

Historically Simon, or Symeon, is mentioned in Eusebius as the son of Clopas and the earliest Christian writing from your Christian history says that Mary did not have other children.

Since I have destroyed your theory the question is, since Scripture and your own Christian history to take away those 'children of Mary', do you still believe what you have been taught?

Scripture never says Mary had other children.....Just men from the Revolution 500 years ago that you follow say that. Do you believe your men and their writings OR the writings of men who lived closer to the life of Christ?

Curious Mary

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hmmm...7? you list 4 and then add 3 more assuming the 3 are sisters? I don't like assumptions but I do like biblical and historical Christian facts:

James and Joseph (also called Joses) are indeed the children of Mary, just not Mary the mother of Jesus. In Matthew’s account of the crucifixion and death of Jesus, he writes: “There were also many women there, looking on from afar, who had followed Jesus from Galilee, ministering to him; among who were Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James and Joseph, and the mother of the sons of Zebedee.”

Jude describes himself (Jude 1:5) as the brother of James.

Historically Simon, or Symeon, is mentioned in Eusebius as the son of Clopas and the earliest Christian writing from your Christian history says that Mary did not have other children.

Since I have destroyed your theory the question is, since Scripture and your own Christian history to take away those 'children of Mary', do you still believe what you have been taught?

Scripture never says Mary had other children.....Just men from the Revolution 500 years ago that you follow say that. Do you believe your men and their writings OR the writings of men who lived closer to the life of Christ?

Curious Mary
I don't assume.

1.) James
2.) Joses
3.) Simon
4.) Judas
At least 2 sisters
7.) Jesus

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't assume.

1.) James
2.) Joses
3.) Simon
4.) Judas
At least 2 sisters
7.) Jesus
Lol Peter.....So you are not even going to TRY and address what I quoted from Scripture? Can you at least give it a feeble attempt? Anything?

Or did I stump you with Scripture that destroys what you men have taught you? They never showed you those passages....Did they? And now you are caught off guard and don't know how to respond so you double down on what you have been told. :jest:

Curious Mary

Last edited:

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummmm.......I know you don't assume. You just repeat what you have been told instead of investigating yourself.
Now why would anyone say concerning me (who is an expert concerning the characteristics of the resurrected Christ) that I have not looked into the Scriptures for myself?

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now why would anyone say concerning me (who is an expert concerning the characteristics of the resurrected Christ) that I have not looked into the Scriptures for myself?
Peter are you aware of 2 Peter 1:20-21, where St. Peter warns against personal interpretation of Scripture? IF there were any credibility to infallibily interpreting Scripture via personal interpretation, there would be ONE Protestant denomintion, all interpreting the Bible exactly the same, and all having one belief. But, that's not the case, is it? There are literally thousands of man-made, doctrinally contradicting Protestant denominations, all believing something different from one another, based on some individual's personal interpretation of Scripture.

Christ didn't write a book to spread His truths. He founded a (ONE) Church to do so. In fact, St. Paul refers to the Church as the "pillar and foundation of truth." Nowhere does he say the individual, personally interpreting his/her bible is anywhere near that.

There has been one Church from the beginning, the Catholic Church. History shows that the first big split came with the Orthodox in 1054 A.D., a thousand years after the the Catholic church was already in existence. Protestantism didn't begin until the 16th century! And it was started by an ex-Catholic monk, Martin Luther. It has been continually splintering ever since, because everyone wants to be his own Pope and read the bible infallibly. The truth doesn't contradict itself.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter are you aware of 2 Peter 1:20-21, where St. Peter warns against personal interpretation of Scripture? IF there were any credibility to infallibily interpreting Scripture via personal interpretation, there would be ONE Protestant denomintion, all interpreting the Bible exactly the same, and all having one belief. But, that's not the case, is it? There are literally thousands of man-made, doctrinally contradicting Protestant denominations, all believing something different from one another, based on some individual's personal interpretation of Scripture.

Christ didn't write a book to spread His truths. He founded a (ONE) Church to do so. In fact, St. Paul refers to the Church as the "pillar and foundation of truth." Nowhere does he say the individual, personally interpreting his/her bible is anywhere near that.

There has been one Church from the beginning, the Catholic Church. History shows that the first big split came with the Orthodox in 1054 A.D., a thousand years after the the Catholic church was already in existence. Protestantism didn't begin until the 16th century! And it was started by an ex-Catholic monk, Martin Luther. It has been continually splintering ever since, because everyone wants to be his own Pope and read the bible infallibly. The truth doesn't contradict itself.
I believe the Catholics high jacked Christianity early on probably just a few short years after all the Apostles were gone. I would not be surprised if the Catholics began even earlier and may have been involved in having some of the Apostles killed. Once the Catholics got control and grew with the help of the King of Rome was when they took the entire Christian world and tortured and killed anyone who stood in their way. They then corrupted our understanding of the Scriptures so that even the protestants to this day are very confused. One of my teachers put it this way...

Much of the Roman Catholic doctrine was assimilated into Protestantism and is still being passed along as Christian groups continue to split off from one another. In a nutshell that is why even the independent church in your neighborhood today most probably believes that there is a trinity, dead people are alive, God is in control of everything that happens, the Four Gospels are written to Christians, and water baptism is relevant. And then there's everything that you know about our sin nature was taught to you by them.

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People like me?
I was being nice... but you had to go there..... Soooo Oh... Yea people like you!

People whom flock to the last home of the Mother of Jesus... And feel the need to drink from the spring that flowed beneath Her house...

I Mean... If Mary is the Mother of The God of the Universe... like you suggest.... Think of the magical waters flowing under her old house... I mean ... The Mother of Freaking God Himself would not drink normal water.... Mother of God forbid!!!!

Therefore.... I see you would be lapping it up like a Female Dog... ? Tongue and tail wagging... I mean could the actual Mother of God... have ordinary water going into her house... I saw many like you taking a drink... As if...It did anything! But... HEY... It must be Spiritual waters of the universe...

Perhaps this about you being upset... That I actually went to the home of Mary.... and you have not????

Hum???

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh goodness.....I didn't know I was communicating with an expert. I apologize.

What are your credentials sir?

Mary