If you want to Choose to Reject the Rapture=Just stay here!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, and of course so were all the disciples. I see Jesus as the master in that story who told one of his servants he should have gotten interest by lending to Gentiles.

In today's context, I think it still stands: The believer in Jesus should not be out to make a profit from his fellow Christians, either spiritually or materially. It is okay however to weaken the power of the Dark Side by taking from it. Sometimes that gets people in the darkness to agree with your terms -- the way Jacob got Esau to forfeit his birthright.
And the other two in the parable didn’t say where they got their interest but the alleged jewish Lord gladly received it?

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Need help understanding the scenario seems to be according to most that Jesus a Jewish man gives some money to some Jewish men the leaves them with the impression, I expect some interest on the money I gave you when I return, is this correct?
He expects to get back more than he gave. It's not said that the faithful servants lent money at interest. My impression is they used better methods. He's chastising the man for not doing anything at all.
Then come the goats later in the chapter and say lord lord it’s me look what I’ve done in your name? And the sheep say when did we do these things?
The goats look as if they're bragging to me. Their real goal was self-promotion, not to serve Jesus and others. The sheep, without consciously knowing it, were obeying the Law of Love.

That passage should wake up Christians. I believe there are people in the world today who are better Christians even if they never heard of Jesus from other humans than some people who have and who call themselves Christians. The Gospel was preached to every living creature; and it is still being preached to all by the Heavenly angel. Some people hear the Gospel proclaimed by that mighty angel and do not know how to put it into words -- but they hear and obey.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He expects to get back more than he gave. It's not said that the faithful servants lent money at interest. My impression is they used better methods. He's chastising the man for not doing anything at all.
The goats look as if they're bragging to me. Their real goal was self-promotion, not to serve Jesus and others. The sheep, without consciously knowing it, were obeying the Law of Love.

That passage should wake up Christians. I believe there are people in the world today who are better Christians even if they never heard of Jesus from other humans than some people who have and who call themselves Christians. The Gospel was preached to every living creature; and it is still being preached to all by the Heavenly angel. Some people hear the Gospel proclaimed by that mighty angel and do not know how to put it into words -- but they hear and obey.
And the Lord is a hard man reaping where He hasn’t sown?

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the other two in the parable didn’t say where they got their interest but the alleged jewish Lord gladly received it?
It doesn't say how they got it increased. They could have bought seeds and rented land. They could have gone into some other business.
And the Lord takes from those who have not and gives to those who have?
Notice that the unfaithful guy is the one trusted with the least. That tells me Jesus has a good idea how reliable people are when he grants us gifts. If we are faithful in small things, he has more faith in us and trusts us with more.

Notice too that Jesus doesn't actually want the money back. . . . All he wanted was for them to learn the value of money and be willing to work for him responsibly. He didn't take the talents back from the first two. We know that because he said to give the one pound to the fellow with the ten, meaning the guy with ten still had his ten.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It doesn't say how they got it increased. They could have bought seeds and rented land. They could have gone into some other business.

Notice that the unfaithful guy is the one trusted with the least. That tells me Jesus has a good idea how reliable people are when he grants us gifts. If we are faithful in small things, he has more faith in us and trusts us with more.

Notice too that Jesus doesn't actually want the money back. . . . All he wanted was for them to learn the value of money and be willing to work for him responsibly. He didn't take the talents back from the first two. We know that because he said to give the one pound to the fellow with the ten, meaning the guy with ten still had his ten.
So He’s a hard man reaping where He hasn’t sown, and hasn’t equity

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think so. We are supposed to plant some seeds ourselves, no?

Matthew 25:26-27 His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed: [27] Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.

Mark 11:15-18 And they come to Jerusalem: and Jesus went into the temple, and began to cast out them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves; [16] And would not suffer that any man should carry any vessel through the temple. [17] And he taught, saying unto them, Is it not written, My house shall be called of all nations the house of prayer? but ye have made it a den of thieves. [18] And the scribes and chief priests heard it, and sought how they might destroy him: for they feared him, because all the people was astonished at his doctrine.

No conflict there, yeah?

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 25:26-27 His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed: [27] Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.

Mark 11:15-18 And they come to Jerusalem: and Jesus went into the temple, and began to cast out them that sold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the moneychangers, and the seats of them that sold doves; [16] And would not suffer that any man should carry any vessel through the temple. [17] And he taught, saying unto them, Is it not written, My house shall be called of all nations the house of prayer? but ye have made it a den of thieves. [18] And the scribes and chief priests heard it, and sought how they might destroy him: for they feared him, because all the people was astonished at his doctrine.

No conflict there, yeah?
I don't see a conflict.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't see a conflict.

Ok. See no conflict then. I’ve asked myself this question many times ...does God look at me to see how faithful I’ve been in business? Does God look at me and all my past and see I’ve been faithful in many things ...is this why and how God chooses? Based off the person’s skills and talents to produce more? For me, the answer is no. Without Him...we can do nothing. Without Him...I produced nothing. Only God would give someone who has failed at everything...and give them Life. God judges by His Son and His Spirit and where His Spirit is ...there is Faith and Life. It has nothing to do with how big a business grows...how well money is spent or used...in fact He chooses the poor, the despised, the broken, the weak...God doesn’t give based off a person’s previous experience or status or anything to do with the flesh —flesh which He took to the cross—or the “faithfulness” of it. God knows if His Spirit is there...fruit of the Spirit will grow.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The parable is not speaking of material riches per se; but rather it is speaking of literal talents that the Lord has given us to use for His glory and to promote His kingdom. Giving money to the exchangers might be interpreted as our tithing and offering into ministries where those who have talents use their talents to bring people into the kingdom...these produce more talents by bringing people into the kingdom who will be given talents with which to bring more people into the kingdom. Did I say that enough times? the goal is to bring people into the kingdom...not to produce financial gain for the kingdom. Our Daddy owns the cattle on a thousand hills; and He says,

Hag 2:8, The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, saith the LORD of hosts.

Reactions: Giuliano

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok. See no conflict then. I’ve asked myself this question many times ...does God look at me to see how faithful I’ve been in business? Does God look at me and all my past and see I’ve been faithful in many things ...is this why and how God chooses? Based off the person’s skills and talents to produce more? For me, the answer is no. Without Him...we can do nothing. Without Him...I produced nothing. Only God would give someone who has failed at everything...and give them Life. God judges by His Son and His Spirit and where His Spirit is ...there is Faith and Life. It has nothing to do with how big a business grows...how well money is spent or used...in fact He chooses the poor, the despised, the broken, the weak...God doesn’t give based off a person’s previous experience or status or anything to do with the flesh —flesh which He took to the cross—or the “faithfulness” of it. God knows if His Spirit is there...fruit of the Spirit will grow.
I don't know. I was very, very depressed one day when I went into a convenience store; and the clerk said hello and gave me such a bright smile, it broke my dark mood. I thanked God for her. She may not have known what a great kindness she did me. I know nothing else about her; but to me, she was a saint, and I asked God to reward her.

As I thought about it, this came to mind:

Matthew 10:42 And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward.

It looked so unimportant in one way; but her "small deed" of kindness was what I needed. You might even say the "seed" of life planted in me needed watering and she gave me water.

How does she look at herself? I doubt she thinks she's great; and I think that meant God could use her in a way that even she didn't understand. She may have thought of herself as a lowly clerk in a store; but I could feel the Holy Spirit moving. I think it's harder for the people with grand ideas about themselves.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The parable is not speaking of material riches per se; but rather it is speaking of literal talents that the Lord has given us to use for His glory and to promote His kingdom. Giving money to the exchangers might be interpreted as our tithing and offering into ministries where those who have talents use their talents to bring people into the kingdom...these produce more talents by bringing people into the kingdom who will be given talents with which to bring more people into the kingdom. Did I say that enough times? the goal is to bring people into the kingdom...not to produce financial gain for the kingdom. Our Daddy owns the cattle on a thousand hills; and He says,

Yes, of course the major emphasis needs to be on the spiritual increase.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know. I was very, very depressed one day when I went into a convenience store; and the clerk said hello and gave me such a bright smile, it broke my dark mood. I thanked God for her. She may not have known what a great kindness she did me. I know nothing else about her; but to me, she was a saint, and I asked God to reward her.

As I thought about it, this came to mind:

Matthew 10:42 And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward.

It looked so unimportant in one way; but her "small deed" of kindness was what I needed. You might even say the "seed" of life planted in me needed watering and she gave me water.

How does she look at herself? I doubt she thinks she's great; and I think that meant God could use her in a way that even she didn't understand. She may have thought of herself as a lowly clerk in a store; but I could feel the Holy Spirit moving. I think it's harder for the people with grand ideas about themselves.

Thank you for sharing. Not saying the Spirit wasn’t moving through her.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That is all fine ...throw out the context that it is about putting it to the moneychangers so the Lord receives His with usury ...make it Spiritual gifts ...the question would be why keep the same voice of the Lord over the money?? The one of condemnation of man’s not producing? Same voice as that voice over the money ...increase what is mine!

God gives the increase ...we are told this. Is He angry and vengeful at the lack of increase returned when He said His word would not return void but increase where He sends it?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, of course the major emphasis needs to be on the spiritual increase.

There is a lesson in Nebuchadnezzar: Daniel interpreted the dream for Nebuchadnezzar and informed him that the dream was a warning to the king to humble himself and recognize that his power, wealth, and influence were from God, not of his own making.

But that doesn’t align with what is presented of man concerning the parables. Daniel 4:32-37 And they shall drive thee from men, and thy dwelling shall be with the beasts of the field: they shall make thee to eat grass as oxen, and seven times shall pass over thee, until thou know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will. [33] The same hour was the thing fulfilled upon Nebuchadnezzar: and he was driven from men, and did eat grass as oxen, and his body was wet with the dew of heaven, till his hairs were grown like eagles' feathers, and his nails like birds' claws. [34] And at the end of the days I Nebuchadnezzar lifted up mine eyes unto heaven, and mine understanding returned unto me, and I blessed the most High, and I praised and honoured him that liveth for ever, whose dominion is an everlasting dominion, and his kingdom is from generation to generation: [35] And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou? [36] At the same time my reason returned unto me; and for the glory of my kingdom, mine honour and brightness returned unto me; and my counsellors and my lords sought unto me; and I was established in my kingdom, and excellent majesty was added unto me. [37] Now I Nebuchadnezzar praise and extol and honour the King of heaven, all whose works are truth, and his ways judgment: and those that walk in pride he is able to abase.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That doesn’t answer the question..WHO gives the increase?
In 1 Corinthians 3, it is God who gives the increase; however in the same passage He also uses labourers to accomplish His purposes. Some plant the seeds, and others water them; but God gives the increase.

I will say that the office of planting and watering are important; for without them, there will be no plants sprouting up. It is written somewhere in the Psalms that God's people "limited the holy one of Israel." It might be that they did this by their disobedience, in that they did not plant and water the seeds. The seeds will not return void if they are planted and watered: God makes them grow. But if they are never planted; or are never watered: how can they grow?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is a parable, is it not?

Yes ...a parable presented to thieves. As many others concerning faithfulness...then demonstrated only One was found “faithful” and worthy and went to the crucifix to Colossians 2:10-15 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power: [11] In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ: [12] Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead. [13] And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; [14] Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; [15] And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

We are instructed to put off the former conversation...yet time and time again return to those parables and turn them into “works” with the same condemnation He came to triumph over...having spoiled ...He made a show of openly overcoming the ministration of Death.

Last edited: