If you want to Choose to Reject the Rapture=Just stay here!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit of God is telling Jack Van Impe to make the teaching of the imminent Rapture the most important part of his teaching in these end days!!

Jack Van Impe Presents -- August 24, 2019
He may discover it was not the Holy Spirit telling him to flee the wrath to come.

Matthew 3:7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

Did they repent? Of course they didn't. The wrath they feared came about about 40 years later. I say be careful about we fear. It may come to pass.

Job 3:25 For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me.

Believe in the rapture if you want, but please don't believe in it out of fear.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look what I just found. 87 Year Old Jack Van Impe says look for Rapture and Armageddon in 2018 - Christian Discussion Forums | CARM Christian Forums

"Jack Van Impe says look for Rapture and battle of Armageddon in 2018 Will you be left behind??"

"I have known and supported$$$ Jack and Jack is the world's best Bible prophecy teacher=Right on!!

Jack Van Impe says look for Rapture and battle of Armageddon in 2018 Will you be left behind??"

Can we learn from our mistakes? Why keep following such a man?

Reactions: Waiting on him

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He also said he was in hell.

Do you think that is a geographical place science could discover? I don't.
Perhaps Jesus simply came "down" among men into their hell taking up an abode in the a piece of earth [dirt forming a physical body] in which he would dwell until the end of his course being as a carnal man tempted in the all the ways that all of the other carnal men are tempted. But... Jesus overcame all of those temptations before he went to Calvary and so was completely ready for his major final task on our behalf, allowing himself to be tortured and crucified.

Reactions: Giuliano

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps Jesus simply came "down" among men into their hell taking up an abode in the a piece of earth [dirt forming a physical body] in which he would dwell until the end of his course being as a carnal man tempted in the all the ways that all of the other carnal men are tempted. But... Jesus overcame all of those temptations before he went to Calvary and so was completely ready for his major final task on our behalf, allowing himself to be tortured and crucified.
Why did he compare himself to Jonah?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those that are left behind on rapture will try to live under anti-christ rule and the judgments of the great tribulation!!! All their sad, poor choice!

The only ones left behind are the unsaved who will go to hell. Salvation has nothing whatsoever to do with when you believe the Rapture will happen, just that it will.

Last edited:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey, Anyone reading this….. If God offered you the choice between staying here till you were at least a hundred, and loving as many people as you could (as Jesus did), or being snatched out of here in an "escape pod" 12 minutes from now...…. Which would you choose?

It's a serious question.

I don't know about an "escape pod" but I'm hungry for heaven to be with Jesus.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "Just stay here!" in the OP's title is in reference to a Pre-tribulational Rapture theory.

The Pre-trib theory was started in 1830's Great Britain by Edward Irving and the Brethren movement. John Darby got the idea from the Irving Church, as Darby was originally a preacher of a post-tribulational gathering to Christ Jesus. Prior to the 1830's no Christian Church ever taught a Pre-trib Rapture. (Modern day Pre-trib scholars are ever trying to prove different, but can only come up with pseudo writings they try to pass off as early proof the doctrine was taught.) For over 1800 years, the Christian Church taught a post-tribulational coming of our Lord Jesus and gathering of His Church.

The warnings our Heavenly Father gave against those who teach His people to 'fly' to save their souls is written of in Ezekiel 13. A reference to the 'day of the Lord" timing is given with it, pointing to the last days. So this 'fly away' pre-trib rapture idea He shows would be a major false doctrine taught in the Church for the last days. I admonish my brethren who love our Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ to read it, especially in the 1611 KJV version.

Cyrus Scofield put together a study Bible that supported Darby's doctrine of a pre-trib rapture theory. Scofield was a scoundrel, having been caught stealing the inheritance of one in his family, and served jail time. He mixed with New York bankers and lawyers, i.e., high society (no doubt where he got financial support for publishing his Scofield reference Bible). Through Scofield especially, the doctrine of a pre-trib rapture was pushed upon unsuspecting Churches in the United States.

Reactions: Acolyte

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Left Behind???? Really????

Another LIE pushed by the doctors of the Pre-trib Rapture theory school is that of being 'taken' vs. 'left behind', an idea they took from the Luke 17 Scripture. Problem is though, they completely twist the meanings Jesus gave there about that. The first one 'taken' is not... to Him!

Luke 17:33-37
33 Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.

What does the above statement reveal? Not what the pre-tribbers say. Jesus said there that those who seek to save their life will lose it. Do those on the pre-trib rapture doctrine try to save their life by flying away prior to the tribulation? Yes, most definitely, that's their idea, seeking to escape the tribulation.

But Jesus says there it's those willing to lose their life that will have preserved it. That means those willing to suffer through the tribulation while making a stand for Jesus, may lose their flesh life, but they will have preserved their soul in Him unto eternal life. These who overcome He said will reign with Him over the nations per Revelation.

So the first idea leading into the 'taken' idea is definitely not about escaping the tribulation...

34 I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.
35 Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
36 Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

37 And they answered and said unto Him, "Where, Lord?" And He said unto them, "Wheresoever the body is, thither will the eagles be gathered together."

KJV

Christ's disciples want to know where those first ones taken are taken to. They ask Jesus, "Where, Lord?"

There's a better parallel to Christ's answer there, given in Matthew 24...

Matt 24:28
28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.
KJV

Wheresoever the dead carcase is, that's where the fowls will be gathered. That was His simple answer of where the first one 'taken' is taken to. It is not... about a gathering to Jesus. It's just the opposite. It means being gathered to the Antichrist and his.

Our Lord Jesus warned us about the coming pseudo-Christ in Matthew 24:23-26, which is the coming Antichrist to Jerusalem for the very end, and will fulfill the "vile person" role in Daniel 11. That is the one Apostle Paul said in 2 Thess.2 will work lying wonders and miracles to show that he is God, in Jerusalem, involving a rebuilt temple.

Will you flock to Jerusalem when that pseudo-Christ (Satan) shows up on earth and his host of angels come to get you? That won't be our Lord Jesus Christ, because Jesus told us to wait for His coming in the clouds when every eye will see Him. Thus the pre-trib rapture doctors are leading many in Christ's Church to the devil, literally, and they don't have a clue.

Reactions: Acolyte

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey, Anyone reading this….. If God offered you the choice between staying here till you were at least a hundred, and loving as many people as you could (as Jesus did), or being snatched out of here in an "escape pod" 12 minutes from now...…. Which would you choose?

It's a serious question.
I have talked to God about this and said if any of my family, friends or loved ones are left behind and I was taken, then please let me stay to be a witness for Him to those left behind.

Reactions: Giuliano and Nancy

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure, but I think it was a spiritual journey outside of his body rather than a death and resurrection from the deah.

I read "heart" to mean the center of spiritual evil -- when Jesus conquered death and hell. I think that was part of Samuel's soul that should have been permitted to sleep in the dust until God called it forth. It was a part of Samuel but not all of Samuel. I cannot believe God would permit necromancers to have control over the spirits of His children; but as long as the curse of death and hell were around, parts of their souls were subject to that curse and thus could be raised by necromancers.

Were the "bodies" that were seen following the crucifixion as coming out of their graves were the same sort of entity that came up as Samuel? Were they reunited with their proper spirits?
Hi Giuliano,

Here's the thing. When you read, "heart of the earth", you think, "the center of spiritual evil". When I read, "heart of the earth", I think, "heart of the earth". So I don't think that there will be much agreement between us on a number of things, I'm sure this being one of them. We are comparing understandings of the Bible, but we read it in very different ways.

Much love!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why did he compare himself to Jonah?
Why indeed?

"Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee.
But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:
For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
The men of Nineveh shall rise in judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: because they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here." Matt 12:38-41

Jonah was sent to gentile dogs performing no miracles nor giving any in depth teaching: Simply repent or die. They did repent. Not having comprehensive history and Not having many previous examples to tell them why they should repent... but they did.

Jesus was sent to the Jews, supposedly God's people, having performed numerous miracles among them and having given them much in depth teaching. They did have a comprehensive history with many previous examples to tell them why they should repent... but they did NOT.

Consider the contrast as He said to them: "behold, a greater than Jonas is here":

Jonas presented the worst of examples, with his anger, complaints and running from God, as a successful preacher, prophet, savior to those gentiles/heathens/dogs.

Jesus presented the best of examples, with his love, compassion and voluntarily laying down his life, ... as a [seemingly] unsuccessful preacher, prophet, savior to those Jews/Israelites/Chosen people.

What was His message then to those scribes and Pharisees... and to us, by using Jonah as a sign?

Last edited:
Reactions: Heart2Soul

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why indeed?

"Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee.
But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:
For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
The men of Nineveh shall rise in judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: because they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here." Matt 12:38-41

Jonah was sent to gentile dogs performing no miracles nor giving any in depth teaching: Simply or die. They did Not have a comprehensive history and did Not have many previous examples to tell them why they should repent... but they did.

Jesus was sent to the Jews, supposedly God's people, having performed numerous miracles among them and having given them much in depth teaching. They did have a comprehensive history with many previous examples to tell them why they should repent... but they did NOT.

Consider the contrast as He said to them: "behold, a greater than Jonas is here":

Jonas presented the worst of examples, with his anger, complaints and running from God, as a successful preacher, prophet, savior to those gentiles/heathens/dogs.

Jesus presented the best of examples, with his love, compassion and voluntarily laying down his life, ... as a [seemingly] unsuccessful preacher, prophet, savior to those Jews/Israelites/Chosen people.

What was His message then to those scribes and Pharisees... and to us, by using Jonah as a sign?
What perplexes me is why the three days and three nights?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What perplexes me is why the three days and three nights?
Why 3 rather some other number? I see 3 tongues, 3 heavens, 3 levels in Noah's ark and 3 parts in the tabernacle in the wilderness, but why 3 rather than some other number?

This is perhaps like asking why God set up this whole scenario of men and a definitely answer is not forthcoming.

I was however reminded of something I copied from Fr. Linsinbigler the orthodox priest from another forum long ago. I believe that we both knew him several years ago. This may or may not help. It is his explanation of the how 3 days could have past if Jesus rose on the 3rd day?. Maybe you saw this or maybe not:

So the question is, how can Christ have risen on the third day, after three days, and once three days and nights have passed? Was Christ contradicting himself? No, but Christ was speaking in such a manner that not everyone could understand him, but that biblically both statements were true at the same time.

Remember that we have to look at how the early Christians thought about these things. They were taught directly by the Apostles and handed down the very Scriptures we have today. The early Church Fathers, the early liturgical sources, and Scripture itself answers this question.

Remember that Scripture clearly defines the first definitions of day and night. "The light he called day, and the darkness he called night." This was before sun and starts... Scripture is clear that there was darkness over all the earth (land) from noon to 3pm. St. Mark states that Christ was crucified at the 3rd hour of the day (9am). That means, for 3 hours light (day 9am-noon), or 3 hours darkness (night noon-3pm), for another three hours day again (3pm-sundown), then night (sundown to sunrise), then day again (sunrise to dark on Saturday), then night again.

This gives us three days and three nights.

"Heart of the earth" could mean the grave in general, but it also was a name for Golgatha (the place of the skull of Adam), namely, Jerusalem outside the walls. Jerusalem itself was known as the "heart of the world" and "heart of the land (earth)." Christ was crucified on mount calvary and buried right beneath it, the area collectively called Golgatha.

Reactions: Nancy and Giuliano

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why 3 rather some other number? I see 3 tongues, 3 heavens, 3 levels in Noah's ark and 3 parts in the tabernacle in the wilderness, but why 3 rather than some other number?

This is perhaps like asking why God set up this whole scenario of men and a definitely answer is not forthcoming.

I was however reminded of something I copied from Fr. Linsinbigler the orthodox priest from another forum long ago. I believe that we both knew him several years ago. This may or may not help. It is his explanation of the how 3 days could have past if Jesus rose on the 3rd day?. Maybe you saw this or maybe not:

So the question is, how can Christ have risen on the third day, after three days, and once three days and nights have passed? Was Christ contradicting himself? No, but Christ was speaking in such a manner that not everyone could understand him, but that biblically both statements were true at the same time.

Remember that we have to look at how the early Christians thought about these things. They were taught directly by the Apostles and handed down the very Scriptures we have today. The early Church Fathers, the early liturgical sources, and Scripture itself answers this question.

Remember that Scripture clearly defines the first definitions of day and night. "The light he called day, and the darkness he called night." This was before sun and starts... Scripture is clear that there was darkness over all the earth (land) from noon to 3pm. St. Mark states that Christ was crucified at the 3rd hour of the day (9am). That means, for 3 hours light (day 9am-noon), or 3 hours darkness (night noon-3pm), for another three hours day again (3pm-sundown), then night (sundown to sunrise), then day again (sunrise to dark on Saturday), then night again.

I don't see it. He's including time before Jesus was buried for one thing. I connect the three days and nights to Days Five, Six and Seven in Genesis.

"Heart of the earth" could mean the grave in general, but it also was a name for Golgatha (the place of the skull of Adam), namely, Jerusalem outside the walls. Jerusalem itself was known as the "heart of the world" and "heart of the land (earth)." Christ was crucified on mount calvary and buried right beneath it, the area collectively called Golgatha.
I don't know.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't see it. He's including time before Jesus was buried for one thing. I connect the three days and nights to Days Five, Six and Seven in Genesis.

I don't know.
No, neither do I know. While I understand what is saying that doesn't provide a definite answer either.

When I was searching in my old Bible studies under "three" I found one of our old discussions I copied in May of 2010. It doesn't help with this topic however... I copied quite a few of those old discussions I had with you and others. Reading them again sometimes bring up something new or old of interest and use for now.

Reactions: Giuliano

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Awesome share John! Often wondered if it was a Wednesday and not Friday that Jesus was crucified...hmmm, much to ponder in your post, thank you!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luk 21:36, Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

This is at the very least an exhortation to pray that you might be caught up pre-trib. It also states that the ones who are caught up pre-trib are "worthy".

This coupled with Revelation 3:10 and context, tells me that those who are left behind are not the ones in the better case.