if your child told you he was gay

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

If your child revealed he was gay, would he be dead to you?

• yes

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • no

Votes: 14 87.5%

• Total voters

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
tim_from_pa said:
I'd be overjoyed. I'm happy most of the time, too. :lol: :D Wouldn't want him sad.
Of course I'm being ridiculous. I'm defining gay as "happy". I get tired of our language getting redefined by certain, vociferous groups. I'm taking back the rainbow, too.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
This has happened to so many Christian parents that I know...Being gay does not stop a parent from loving their child any less and nor should it. As KJ has said already "while there is life, there is hope" :)

Blessings!!!

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Angelina is spot on.
If you do not accept and love your child just because they told you they were gay, then you weren't really a practicing Christian in the first place.

But I prefer the Latin: Dum spiro, spero......While I breath, I hope.

soupy

May 20, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A person I know was counseled by her church to shun her gay son. She didn't, she has made it clear to him, she loves him, but doesn't accept his lifestyle because her/their savior has said it is wrong.
He still beleives (I think) that he is okay as his gay friends have told him that is a narrow Biblical view. I said I think, because I wonder and hope he knows it is not okay. I continue to love him and pray for him and his heartbroken parents.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit convicts, we love.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
soupy said:
A person I know was counseled by her church to shun her gay son. She didn't, she has made it clear to him, she loves him, but doesn't accept his lifestyle because her/their savior has said it is wrong.
He still beleives (I think) that he is okay as his gay friends have told him that is a narrow Biblical view.
-- Was she counseled by her "church" or by a specific pastor?
If it was a stance of the entire church, then that church is not walking in God's will.
If it was a singular pastor (as is likely the case) then that man is doing more harm than good, both for people within the homosexual community and the Christian community.

jeremiah1five

Jan 30, 2013
Texas, USA
Like me before my conversion and new birth, he would be "dead" to God.

Emphasizing the quotation marks for no elect of God is or has ever been dead to God. If he is gay and elect then that becomes God's problem, not mine. Once saved the only "gay" that will please God is in the sense of happiness and joy.

Mr.Bride

Jan 31, 2013
The Southern Carolinas
That parent should have already seen some homosexual tendencies. Then thats when discipline comes into play. If its a boy acting feminate you better find some boyish things to do with him. Talk with him. Now this is early childhood im talking about. Youll have a lil more difficult task if they're a lil older. If its a female vice versa. Some other little girls, doll babies, etc. Watch their activities. If those dont seem to work theyll need a whooping. Yesssir

Reactions: Biggsy21

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hah! I'm sure that if Christian parents could spot some kind of variation in their child's behavior, they would be proactive about it but the reality is...most times, there is no indication of such behavior because society in general has deteriorated to a point that "Gay tendencies" could easily be masked as individuality, artistic temperament and leadership qualities.... ^_^

BB

stefen

Mar 3, 2013
Chennai, India
It would be very sad, if it happens to a parent. But should not leave their hope and start educating / counseling them. But I can't even think about that situation. Parents Godly (Spiritual) lifestyle may avoid these type of issues to their children. When they do family prayer everyday, meditating the bible and concentrating on spiritual things. This may lead children to get Godly nature.

May God help..! Thanks.

Biggsy21

Mar 3, 2013
Why in the world would he be dead to me!!!!!!! I am only 14 so i dont know what it is like to have my own child, and pray to god that when the temptation comes he will deliver me from it. However, Just as one of the person above me said. I would love him with my life, i would teach him what the bible said and then encourage him day in and day out to pray and repent and to draw closer to God. I have watched Dennis Jernigans testimony about Jesus delivering him from Homosexuality. He would not be dead, he would just be fighting Satan just like the rest of us.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is worse information your child can share with you - "Hey dad, I just got a 6 million dollar bonus from my boss at AIG! All at taxspayers expense!!"

Axehead

May 9, 2012
Well, since we now have gay marriages and gay parents I guess the next poll will be, "If your child told you he was straight, would he be dead to you?"

What gay parent would not want their child to grow up gay like them and enjoy the same fulfillment and happiness that they have found?

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i think gay parents want their children to know themselves and to live their lives in the light rather than pretending to be someone they are not just so a vocal minority of people can feel comfortable. no different from straight parents