• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNoir

Jan 25, 2024
Michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tell me about yourself.
Are you LGBTQ?
You say I should try actually talking to people before making my own observations. And the only trans I know of is my brother-in-law and his lifestyle.
So if you are LGBTQ then let's talk so I can hear your point of view.

Who are you? I have already shown you who I am.
Share.
hugs
I'm a black Jewish and left-handed.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The sin of Sodom was how the residents treated and tried to take advantage of the angels, the sin of Sodom was also Prostitution but it didn't specify what kind, depending on what translation you read every one is worded slightly different. No matter what someone believes or how they choose to live their life we are not the ones to judge that. They didn't exactly force the angels, the angels had NO CHOICE, these terrible people (men and women) threw themselves on these holy beings, men and women not just one or the other. This story has always interested me and been very controversial. But that's just my two cents, everyone interprets the Bible how God leads them to see it.
Nope,

Ezekiel 16
50They were haughty and did an abomination before me. So I removed them, when I saw it.

As Paul says,

Romans 1
22Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23and exchanged the glory of the incorruptible God for an image in the form of corruptible man and of birds and four-footed animals and crawling creatures.
24Therefore God gave them over in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, so that their bodies would be dishonored among them. 25For they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
26For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.

Reactions: Jack

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The abomination of rape and prostitution. Do you not think these things horrible?
In the Biblical context, and according to the narrative, we know what "an abomination" is--all the men of the city wanted to rape the ones they thought were men. This was their normative lifestyle--committing the "abomination" of men lying with men.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The abomination of rape and prostitution. Do you not think these things horrible?
Where are rape or prostitution described as "abominations"?
Men lying with other men, on the other hand, is singled out as an "abomination".

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Their normative culture was rape, and it's as simple as that. They had no law and so that's how it was. If God had such a problem with it why would Gay people exist at all?
Nah, it's much simpler: God singled out men lying with men, not rape or prostitution, as an "abomination". The narrative backs this up.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's sounding like your saying that rape is ok. Whenever you go into a debate you should keep an open mind, however even if it was the fact men were lying with men it's because the men were laying with male ANGELS. In other translations of this story it is "boys/children".
Nope, just saying we know they were homosexuals, and homosexual acts are described as an "abomination", so we know what God refers to in Ezekiel.

You're trying to make homosexuality OK. Never has been, never will be.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's sounding like your saying that rape is ok. Whenever you go into a debate you should keep an open mind, however even if it was the fact men were lying with men it's because the men were laying with male ANGELS. In other translations of this story it is "boys/children".
Actually it sounds like you are saying men having sex with men is ok.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"What color is the sky?"
"The sky is blue."
"Keep an open mind!"

:Laughingoutloud:

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are just upset that there are some good gay people in the world and they are happier than you will ever be.
Gays have the highest rate of suicidality--people like you truly despise them, because you encourage them to celebrate their misery.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are suicidal because of people like YOU and your Ungodly judgement.
Nah, Christians were despised and persecuted in ancient Rome, but they didn't commit suicide, because they had clear consciences. That's the difference. Gays' own consciences cry out against them in condemnation--that's why they crave everyone's approval.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am a believer, and if when I meet the lord and he tells me I'm wrong he will still help me to become perfect so I can join him in heaven. I have been baptized, I have asked for my saving and I trust in him.
You "believe" in satan, clearly.
You are doomed.
Repent of your sin and turn to Christ through His Word.
Now I'm done talking with you.
Your delusion is terrifying.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am a believer, and if when I meet the lord and he tells me I'm wrong he will still help me to become perfect so I can join him in heaven. I have been baptized, I have asked for my saving and I trust in him.
If you're a man who likes men, here is what God said about you:

Shameful and vile!

Romans 1:26-29
26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature.
27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, ...

Status
Not open for further replies.