I'm a Christian and I support the legality of same-sex marriage

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They absolutely can't prove any of it!

All they can prove is that there were apparitions and visions and dreams etc. I believe the three kids saw a beautiful lady at Fatima! But it wasn't Mary the Mother of Jesus! Almost everything she said contradicts revealed Scripture. So either Scripture lies or the vision lied about God!

Or that Scripture is not the Inspired Infallible word of God and that everyone is free to do their own thing without consequence. For even the authority of the church is based on Scripture!

YeshuaFan1

Jul 22, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All they can prove is that there were apparitions and visions and dreams etc. I believe the three kids saw a beautiful lady at Fatima! But it wasn't Mary the Mother of Jesus! Almost everything she said contradicts revealed Scripture. So either Scripture lies or the vision lied about God!

Or that Scripture is not the Inspired Infallible word of God and that everyone is free to do their own thing without consequence. For even the authority of the church is based on Scripture!
Rome states though that the authority of the Church trumps even the scriptures!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rome states though that the authority of the Church trumps even the scriptures!

Sadly this is true! I was Catholic until I was 25, went to Catholic schools and even gone to seminary! There are many many pronouncements by Popes and colleges fo cardinals that give the church the solel authority to understand and interpret Scripture.

YeshuaFan1

Jul 22, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sadly this is true! I was Catholic until I was 25, went to Catholic schools and even gone to seminary! There are many many pronouncements by Popes and colleges fo cardinals that give the church the solel authority to understand and interpret Scripture.
Its the exact same way in mormonism, JW, Sda, Rome, as the Church dictates what one must agree and hold with!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do Catholics hold Mary as high as Jesus? I honestly wonder about this from reading in these forums.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I support freedom and personal choice. I do not want to live under a theocracy. Therefore, religious doctrine should NOT be used to regulate another's behavior, such as same-sex relations or marriage. I DO support laws that protect being victimized by another. For example, murder, assault, abortion, etc. should be ILLEGAL because they adversely affect an innocent, third-party. Same-sex marriage does not.

Frankly, the government should NOT be in the marriage "business". Why should citizens have to pay a fee to the government to get a marriage license? State governments should get OUT. Then, two consenting, competent adults can get "married" within their private organization and they can tell us everyone they're "married" and we can choose to recognize it or ignore it. Courts can continue to deal with marital issues as they are the arbitrator for all sorts of contracts, including marriage.

As well, I will remind my Christian friends that, God gave us free will to make our own choices. Who are we to restrict another's free will by imposing laws against behavior that doesn't affect us in the slightest? While we're at it, I also believe that prostitution, drug use and gambling should also be legal.

Well, I'm not going to read all 607 replies to this but I agree mostly w/ what K9Buck says. The mistakes began when the government decided to change a spiritual decision and tradition and turn it into a legal one. He is exactly right when he says the gov't should never have gotten into the marriage business. With that said, a gay marriage will never be honored by God. This whole issue could have been resolved easily but for some reason Congress decided against it. How? Simply by applying full legal marital rights to a same-sex civil union. As christians our goal is to present the gospel and let men and women's free will decide if they will accept him as Savior or not. It is not our job to legislate anyone's non-criminal life style!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I support freedom and personal choice.

I believe support is being in Agreement of the the UPHOLDING "something".

I Agree people can Choose to do their own Freewill. There is NO Law that can Give or Take A man's Freewill choice to believe whatever they choose.

Not in a million years would I extend "my support" to a Same-sex Sexual Union.
But then it is NOT a concern for me, UNTIL, the issue is laid on a voting Ballot.
Then would I officially give my "Nay" response.

Taken