I'm a non-Christian, where can I post?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
From post 351
Edward Gordon said

I think this is one of the saddest things I ever read. He called Jesus an elitist too.
This Christ he worships is not the Christ the Bible speaks of.
It is sad @Cassandra for God is love. He loves us. He cares for us and provides for us and he protects us.

Threads like this though don't half make us realise how blessed we are to know God's love and have the support of brothers and sisters across the globe.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was raised LDS, and baptized at 10 (didn't know what they believed) when I was older, I found about the marriage for time and eternity. After I asked if they were saying God had a wife, and they sad "Where do you think all those spirit babies come from" I kicked them out.
Blasphemy, and pride. Why would you ever want to become a god?

Why would you want to become a god? That is the selling point for those religions. To inherit all God has to offer and have eternal progression (life as they call it) to become like God. The Mormons require 10% tithe to be part of their temples, which is what they pay all their tithe money for, building those self perpetuating houses. I don't know how much of the Mormon church has true doctrine or not. No tobacco or alcohol or coffee. Too much coffee is bad for you and too much alcohol is bad for you, but the bible does support alcohol for certain purposes. I have nothing against Mormons, although I have suspicions that it is a money making club more than a true religion.

Hey I just read a study and it linked smoke to cancer. There were three studies done, one for chew tobacco that couldn't prove an increase in cancer among higher populations of people that chewed tobacco. Another study was on cigarettes that proved increased risk in cancer. And the third that proved that eating smoked meats increased your cancer potential. So shouldn't the words of wisdom be, "Don't smoke tobacco, drink too much coffee or too much alcohol, and don't eat smoked meats?"

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can communicate with astral entities. Sometimes with people who have crossed over, but I'll be honest with you about that. I'm not sure they are really the "people" because they sound a lot like demons, and when you channel astral entities, you get a lot of demons.

As for the practice of witchcraft. It works. It does. Spells work. But the thing with witchcraft is that it's void of Christ.

why don’t you follow what Scripture says about divination and witchcraft?

Reactions: Pearl

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen! God is love and he accepts anyone who repents. He is no respecter of persons. He will do for one person what he will do for another. He is not an elitists.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was raised LDS, and baptized at 10 (didn't know what they believed) when I was older, I found about the marriage for time and eternity. After I asked if they were saying God had a wife, and they sad "Where do you think all those spirit babies come from" I kicked them out.
Blasphemy, and pride. Why would you ever want to become a god?
I should point out that I do believe in a Heavenly Mother. Although I don't know who she is or what her roll is. I had a vision of two white spirits one Heavenly Father and the other Heavenly Mother and I was filled with the Holy Spirit for hours with great peace and love (Galatians 5:22-23). I'm still asking for clarity about the vision as to who Heavenly Mother is. I was told it might be the Virgin Mary.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
why don’t you follow what Scripture says about divination and witchcraft?
Wrangler we know that he is communing with demons only. Since we either go to paradise or prison after we leave this life. He's clearly been confused about who he's talking to. And that is part of Satan's plan.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@devin553344 For it to be authoritative in the faith, it does need to be clearly revealed in Scripture...
Not true. I have faith that electrons travel down a wire. And I turn on my phone and computer and it becomes truth. We have much revealed from God which is not in the bible. Read some science books for instance. We have built vastly upon knowledge revealed by God. Such that now we have MRI machines that can see tumors in the body. But the spirit of wisdom and knowledge are from God. So is the bible the only source of truth and is it a complete description of God and Godly things? Not at all. But I think the scriptures are the work of the Holy Spirit.

1 Corinthians 12:7But to each one is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good. 8For to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, and to another the word of knowledge according to the same Spirit; 9to another faith by the same Spirit, and to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit, 10and to another the effecting of miracles, and to another prophecy, and to another the distinguishing of spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, and to another the interpretation of tongues. 11But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually just as He wills.

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Not true. I have faith that electrons travel down a wire. And I turn on my phone and computer and it becomes truth. We have much revealed from God which is not in the bible. Read some science books for instance. We have built vastly upon knowledge revealed by God. Such that now we have MRI machines that can see tumors in the body. But the spirit of wisdom and knowledge are from God. So is the bible the only source of truth and is it a complete description of God and Godly things? Not at all. But I think the scriptures are the work of the Holy Spirit.

1 Corinthians 12:7But to each one is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good. 8For to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, and to another the word of knowledge according to the same Spirit; 9to another faith by the same Spirit, and to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit, 10and to another the effecting of miracles, and to another prophecy, and to another the distinguishing of spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, and to another the interpretation of tongues. 11But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually just as He wills.
I was thinking for example of 1 Timothy 2.5: "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus".

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was thinking for example of 1 Timothy 2.5: "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus".
Oh, sorry, I thought you meant something else. But yes I see your point.

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actual believing and educated “Mormon” here—

My beliefs and @Edward Gordon ’s beliefs are two VERY different things. Please don’t intermingle them. There is a HUGE difference between saying a person BECOMES Christ (Edward’s view as I’m Understanding it) and my beliefs about us flawed humans following Christ (the only Son of God) and eventually becoming LIKE Him through His grace.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actual believing and educated “Mormon” here—

My beliefs and @Edward Gordon ’s beliefs are two VERY different things. Please don’t intermingle them. There is a HUGE difference between saying a person BECOMES Christ (Edward’s view as I’m Understanding it) and my beliefs about us flawed humans following Christ (the only Son of God) and eventually becoming LIKE Him through His grace.
Mormons believe they will be a god someday don't they? That's what I was taught when I was Mormon, that they will become Christs of their own planet. And Veriticans believe they are becoming Christ. Not similar? The bible teaches that we will be like the Angels of Heaven. And yes I know your interpretation of the following scripture according to Mormon beliefs. I thought it worthy to quote it anyways.

Matthew 22:30

King James Version

30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

Last edited:

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mormons believe they will be a god someday don't they? And Veriticans believe they are becoming Christ. Not similar? .
HUGE difference between
1) literally becoming Christ (Edward’s belief, if I’m
Understanding correctly)

Vs

2) Christ, the one Son of God, changing His disiciples (us filthy sinners) to become a joint-heir with Christ (Romans 8:17) like Him. That’s the LDS Christian view. I’ll never literally become Christ and find Edward’s views very incorrect.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrangler we know that he is communing with demons only. Since we either go to paradise or prison after we leave this life. He's clearly been confused about who he's talking to. And that is part of Satan's plan.

I wish he we’re confused. In the post below, he has knowledge and seems to pride himself on his ability to communicate with demons.

I can communicate with astral entities. Sometimes with people who have crossed over, but I'll be honest with you about that. I'm not sure they are really the "people" because they sound a lot like demons, and when you channel astral entities, you get a lot of demons.
I’m reminded of a quote from Goethe. Those who falsely believe they are free are most enslaved.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HUGE difference between
1) literally becoming Christ (Edward’s belief, if I’m
Understanding correctly)

Vs

2) Christ, the one Son of God, changing His disiciples (us filthy sinners) to become a joint-heir with Christ (Romans 8:17) like Him. That’s the LDS Christian view. I’ll never literally become Christ and find Edward’s views very incorrect.
Joint-heir? Isn't that the same thing then? So you don't believe you will be like the Angels of Heaven and Jesus teaches us in the bible? That was my point, throwing out scripture and replacing it with alternate doctrine.

heir
/er/

Learn to pronounce

noun
noun: heir; plural noun: heirs
a person legally entitled to the property or rank of another on that person's death.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Joint-heir? Isn't that the same thing then? So you don't believe you will be like the Angels of Heaven and Jesus teaches us in the bible? That was my point, throwing out scripture and replacing it with alternate doctrine.

heir
/er/

Learn to pronounce

noun
noun: heir; plural noun: heirs
a person legally entitled to the property or rank of another on that person's death.
JOINT heir. WITH Christ. Not replacing Him or taking His spot. And for sure not literally becoming Him.

See Romans 8:17.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JOINT heir. WITH Christ. Not replacing Him or taking His spot. And for sure not literally becoming Him.

See Romans 8:17.
OK, I'm interested in discussing that if you don't mind. God told me I am to become as an Angel. So where do I fit into that heaven? Are Mormons saying there will be none of that? Or will they be above that? And why do you need to be a joint heir? What will that give you?

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, I'm interested in discussing that if you don't mind. God told me I am to become as an Angel. So where do I fit into that heaven? Are Mormons saying there will be none of that? Or will they be above that? And why do you need to be a joint heir? What will that give you?
God also told you that you’re going to be a joint-heir with Christ .

And that’s very different than literally becoming Christ.

Please don’t mix those up.

Reactions: Wrangler
Status
Not open for further replies.