I'm appealing to all of you,

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ha... I thought tongues was part of the discussion.... That was why I made my comment.
Anyways... sorry if I went off topic... I simply responded to a post.

Reactions: amadeus and charity

NewMusic

Sep 13, 2021
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @Addy,

Yes, it was for, 'the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him' (the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ) that Paul prayed for first: for the readers of his epistle to the Ephesians, in Ephesians 1:17+; and in both that prayer and the one that followed in Ephesians 3:14+, there is no mention of spiritual gifts.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

You do not, and cannot, prove something by a negative. You know this axiom, do you not?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have NO desire to speak in tongues... and I am a spirit filled believer.
I have a desire for wisdom and pray often for it. But that's just me.
To state that every believer is supposed to have this gift... is a mis-truth in my opinion.

Diversity of Gifts...ONE same Spirit of God.
ONE same SEED of God, to quicken a mans spirit, gifted to individual men, freely choosing to accept to be gifted with Gods "SEED" gift.

1Cor.12
[4] Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
[8] For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
[9] To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

2Cor.4
[13] We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;

Gal 3:
[16] Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy (Gods) seed, which is Christ.

Praise and Glory unto our Lord God Almighty,
Taken

Reactions: amadeus

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
1Cor.12
[4] Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
[8] For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
[9] To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
Yep... that's what I'm talking about. To focus on ONE... or demand that ONE must be present is FAULTY ( and that is being polite ). LOL

Reactions: Taken and amadeus

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yep... that's what I'm talking about. To focus on ONE... or demand that ONE must be present is FAULTY ( and that is being polite ). LOL
Hi @Addy ; another aspect also is that, unlike during the time of Acts, the Bible is now complete, with its revelation from God.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You do not, and cannot, prove something by a negative. You know this axiom, do you not?
Hello @NewMusic

In the light of your request that we do not discuss this further, for it could overtake the main purposes of your thread: I will only say that though it is true that you cannot prove something by a negative; you are justified in taking note of it's absence in the light of the time and circumstance in which the particular epistles were written; and taking into consideration all Biblically historical evidence, make a judgment accordingly.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Reactions: NewMusic

NewMusic

Sep 13, 2021
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As some on here have already stated from 1st-hand knowledge, countries where freedom used to be a given, are no longer free. They are being subjected to medical tyranny, and horrible abuses.

The saints need to endeavor to have a Network of saints by which we can be prepared to do whatever we can for other saints that will be fleeing for their lives. Literally.

And each of our own countries are going to experience this. Christ said so. None will escape. It comes upon the whole world. All of you know this already.

So let us pray to Jesus and tell Him we are His servants and ready to take up any responsibilities He gives us. Be good stewards.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As some on here have already stated from 1st-hand knowledge, countries where freedom used to be a given, are no longer free. They are being subjected to medical tyranny, and horrible abuses.

The saints need to endeavor to have a Network of saints by which we can be prepared to do whatever we can for other saints that will be fleeing for their lives. Literally.

And each of our own countries are going to experience this. Christ said so. None will escape. It comes upon the whole world. All of you know this already.

So let us pray to Jesus and tell Him we are His servants and ready to take up any responsibilities He gives us. Be good stewards.
"As He leads," is my philosophy. He takes care of me. All of my days are in His hands. I rest in that.

Psalm51

Jun 23, 2021
the USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hey NewMusic,

Thank you for sharing on the forum and for your shared concerns regarding the present situation, I believe they are well-founded.

My question regarding this matter would be: How is it possible to establish a network given the current system of communication. Communication is the foundation, but if all lines of communication are now owned by, monitered by, controlled by the enemy, how is this possible? It seems as though this concept of yours is only possible on a local level, no? Based on person-to-person interaction, completely absent of any form of technology...

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Several years ago our car got hit by a hailstorm. I was inside an play place with my grandchildren. We were fine. It was early summer as the parking lot outside was buried several inches deep with smaller [up to ½ inch] hailstones. From a distance it looked like snow. My car was driveable but had serious body damage. I've never been in one with really large hailstones, although they are not so uncommon in Oklahoma. [They sometimes come during tornado warnings. I would rather not experience the very large stones personally.
wow, even a half inch, huh?

NewMusic

Sep 13, 2021
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey NewMusic,

Thank you for sharing on the forum and for your shared concerns regarding the present situation, I believe they are well-founded.

My question regarding this matter would be: How is it possible to establish a network given the current system of communication. Communication is the foundation, but if all lines of communication are now owned by, monitered by, controlled by the enemy, how is this possible? It seems as though this concept of yours is only possible on a local level, no? Based on person-to-person interaction, completely absent of any form of technology...

Excellent concern. But it can be overcome. There will need to be communication in person where things can be discussed, and those methods can then be tested and utilized.

Meanwhile, this thread can be viewed as germinating a field, and alerting saints around the globe that "something" is being attempted. It will draw attention, and such. And other saints on other sites will do likewise.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Hello @NewMusic,

I live in the UK, and see on the news refugees fleeing from their countries of birth for many reasons, including war and conflict, and seeking asylum here. With rising sea levels, I can see the movement of people taking place both internally and abroad, who are fleeing their homes, to seek safety on higher land within their own countries or seeking refuge elsewhere. Changes in weather patterns are creating famine and drought which are taking their toll on nations, especially those close to the equator, and this is causing an exodus of people seeking food, water and shelter. Many nations of the world are taking their share of the burden and seeking to accommodate these people already, but we have no reason to believe that this situation will improve, only worsen.

If it is a matter of oppression and persecution because of religious belief, then such countries as our own have a history of rescuing and providing sanctuary to such. Yet I know that in time to come all the world will go after the beast, and there will be the slaughter of those who stand for Christ and His word, and many will be martyred for His Name. Yet how can you prepare for that? I don't think we can, but God can.

'For then shall be great tribulation,
such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time,
no, nor ever shall be.
And except those days should be shortened,
there should no flesh be saved:
but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.'

(Mat 24:21-22)

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
wow, even a half inch, huh?
The little ones sting on bare flesh. As they get bigger the sting moves to real pain to really serious injury. The hood of our car was covered with little dents from the hailstones. Automobile windshields are very strong made with some kind of plastic as well as glass to prevent shattering, but if the hailstones are large enough... well you can imagine. Better the car than your head...

Reactions: bbyrd009

NewMusic

Sep 13, 2021
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello @NewMusic,

Yet how can you prepare for that?

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Particular answer for now? I don't know. I have some ideas, only.

It might very well seem futile, but that's what the enemy wants us to think. They want us to give up without even trying. And where's our faith?

So, without knowing details, I think we should be asking the Lord for wisdom and answers.

As I wrote in the 1st post, this thread is hoping to cause saints to look beyond their own needs and locale. Start dialogue among saints in this thread and in PM's. Also, it seems very likely that the judgment of God that we can already see beginning, is opportunities of many kind - for the saints to put off their immaturity, grow up, learn things they never thought possible, and...

and be able to give the gospel to the lost. There will be plenty of opportunity for that!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
pray to Jesus? think ill pass, tks
Elaborate, please...this is too vague as to what or why you have made this statement...I think I know....but it isn't for me to speak for you
Thanks

Reactions: Rita

NewMusic

Sep 13, 2021
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The little ones sting on bare flesh. As they get bigger the sting moves to real pain to really serious injury. The hood of our car was covered with little dents from the hailstones. Automobile windshields are very strong made with some kind of plastic as well as glass to prevent shattering, but if the hailstones are large enough... well you can imagine. Better the car than your head...

Can you and the other chap take your posts elsewhere, please?

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Particular answer for now? I don't know. I have some ideas, only.

It might very well seem futile, but that's what the enemy wants us to think. They want us to give up without even trying. And where's our faith?

So, without knowing details, I think we should be asking the Lord for wisdom and answers.

As I wrote in the 1st post, this thread is hoping to cause saints to look beyond their own needs and locale. Start dialogue among saints in this thread and in PM's.
Hello @NewMusic

We have every reason, considering present trends, to believe that believers would be able to communicate with and rally to help and rescue those in need, as we always have in the past. There is no lack of faith I can assure you. I know that God is able to do far more abundantly than I can ever ask or think.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

NewMusic

Sep 13, 2021
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm hesitant to cite various bible passages that are dead-on target with this thread's subject, because there are some types of answers in the scriptures, but not enough answers. And there is a verse in Daniel that I have often wondered "what type of help is that that they will receive"? And a few other things.

But most everybody I have read on this site thus far, are not on the same page about going through the entire tribulation, and they look for every opportunity to argue and spill their thoughts, endlessly. It's ugly. So for now, I'll refrain.