I'm appealing to all of you,

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To me speaking in tongues is when someone is possessed. I don’t believe people who believe in Christ speak in tongues.
As a recipient of the gift of tongues in 1976, I talk to God daily, seven days a week in tongues. I do believe in Christ, Jesus as the Head and the people, including me, as members of the Body of Christ. Possessed? Is a person filled with the Holy Spirit possessed by anything other than God?

So as not to further derail the thread I will say not more here...

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @Addy ; another aspect also is that, unlike during the time of Acts, the Bible is now complete, with its revelation from God.
But its interpretation within the heart of each believer is incomplete! Jesus grew as a man in the flesh and we must also grow toward completion, toward being more like Him!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
But its interpretation within the heart of each believer is incomplete! Jesus grew as a man in the flesh and we must also grow toward completion, toward being more like Him!
Peter said in 2 Peter 3.18: "...Grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ".

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm hesitant to cite various bible passages that are dead-on target with this thread's subject, because there are some types of answers in the scriptures, but not enough answers. And there is a verse in Daniel that I have often wondered "what type of help is that that they will receive"? And a few other things.

But most everybody I have read on this site thus far, are not on the same page about going through the entire tribulation, and they look for every opportunity to argue and spill their thoughts, endlessly. It's ugly. So for now, I'll refrain.
Whether people believe they must go through a "great tribulation" or not, all of us surely must go through tribulations of our own as we walk on toward God?

Is persecution not tribulation?

"Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also." John 15:20

NewMusic

Sep 13, 2021
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whether people believe they must go through a "great tribulation" or not, all of us surely must go through tribulations of our own as we walk on toward God?

Is persecution not tribulation?

"Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also." John 15:20

Your point being???

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Mantis We had a huge hailstorm a number of years ago and a lot of cars for sale on dealer forecourts were damaged (and afterwards there were discounts on them available...)

Reactions: Mantis

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you and the other chap take your posts elsewhere, please?
Sorry but sometimes these conversations just happen where they do.

My friend @bbyrd009 was missing from here for a very long time due to unforeseen circumstances and now when opportunity arises...?

I will, however, strive to back away from this subject which disturbs your purpose.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter said in 2 Peter 3.18: "...Grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ".
Even so and growth comes to us through revelation by means of the Holy Spirit, does it not?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your point being???
I thought I was getting back into the discussion with you. You complained about me going off of your charted course earlier. You are the one who mentioned tribulation! I was simply responding to your post.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep... that's what I'm talking about. To focus on ONE... or demand that ONE must be present is FAULTY ( and that is being polite ). LOL

IMO...Diverse gifts, are purposed for Diverse service of men for profit to other men.

Diverse gifts; examples;
Knowledge, wisdom, teaching, faith, prophecy, discerning, tongues, interpretation of tongues.

Not every person, knows, is wise, can teach, has equal faith, can prophesied, can discern, can speak multiple languages, can interpret multiple languages...
We can notice that in others, We can profit from them sharing their gift, While not having THAT gift ourselves.

Anyway, that is my perspective. Every Converted (indwelt with the Spirit of God) person having a useful way to glorify God, by using, sharing, the gifts given to them, By God.

Glory to God,
Taken

NewMusic

Sep 13, 2021
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought I was getting back into the discussion with you. You complained about me going off of your charted course earlier. You are the one who mentioned tribulation! I was simply responding to your post.

But you failed to make a point about your post.

What is the point of your post? Does it have any relevance to what this thread is attempting to do?

How does your remark about personal tribulations have anything to do with what Jesus called "The Great Tribulation"?

Please help us to understand the meaning of why you wrote what you wrote.

Last edited:

NewMusic

Sep 13, 2021
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I uploaded an Epoch Times story in this thread here:

Colorado Hospital Refuses Kidney Transplant to Woman Over COVID-19 Vaccine Refusal

Medical Tyranny at its finest.

So listen... we are still a few years off from the beginning of the Great Tribulation, and already we see the evil happening.

The saints are going to have to come to terms with these issues one way or another.

Ideally, and we do truly pray that God will grant the gift of healing to some saints who are earnestly praying for that gift. We are over here, and hope God will, too.

If there are no saints who operate in the gift of healing for people who are going to need medical attention (which is almost everybody in one way or another), then.....

Tribulations mounting

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Excellent concern. But it can be overcome. There will need to be communication in person where things can be discussed, and those methods can then be tested and utilized.

Meanwhile, this thread can be viewed as germinating a field, and alerting saints around the globe that "something" is being attempted. It will draw attention, and such. And other saints on other sites will do likewise.

Not to be offensive...however, you are not bringing news to many of us who have taken advantage of this networking forum, still operating despite, the mass scale attempts of separating and covering everyones mouth and blasting propaganda 24-7 in eager and willing ears.

Smaller groups ARE operating, IN Christ; without "informing", without "waving banners of protest"..or "asking permission".

Glory to God,
God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: Addy

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you failed to make a point about your post.

What is the point of your post? Does it have any relevance to what this thread is attempting to do?

How does your remark about personal tribulations have anything to do with what Jesus called "The Great Tribulation"?

Please help us to understand the meaning of why you wrote what you wrote.
Tribulation is tribulation is tribulation.

The great tribulation, the time of the testing of the "earth dwellers", and of the saving of Israel, is tribulation, but more of it.

But on a personal, individual level, it's still all tribulation. Afflictions of various sorts.

Much love!

Reactions: Taken

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Tribulation is tribulation is tribulation.

The great tribulation, the time of the testing of the "earth dwellers", and of the saving of Israel, is tribulation, but more of it.

But on a personal, individual level, it's still all tribulation. Afflictions of various sorts.

Much love!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm hesitant to cite various bible passages that are dead-on target with this thread's subject, because there are some types of answers in the scriptures, but not enough answers. And there is a verse in Daniel that I have often wondered "what type of help is that that they will receive"? And a few other things.

But most everybody I have read on this site thus far, are not on the same page about going through the entire tribulation, and they look for every opportunity to argue and spill their thoughts, endlessly. It's ugly. So for now, I'll refrain.

It's normal. (Human nature??)
* Not everyone following along, believing ... are Converted.
* Not everyone who IS Converted ... is at the Same "distance" in their walk.
* And the nonbelieving...simply ignore, are curious or have an express desire that makes them weirdly feel good, to rally against believers.

One thing that seems to be "in common", (human nature?? Since even little toddlers do this)...
with non-believers, believers, converted believers....IS DESIRING ... "understanding" of the "big picture", BEFORE they have Delved into the "big picture" of increased "KNOWLEDGE".

Different results of "understanding" ? Yep.

Glory to God,
Taken