I'm appealing to all of you,

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tribulation is tribulation is tribulation.

The great tribulation, the time of the testing of the "earth dwellers", and of the saving of Israel, is tribulation, but more of it.

But on a personal, individual level, it's still all tribulation. Afflictions of various sorts.

Much love!

Agree.
Tribulations daily...upon the Earth;
Via power sitters upon the people...be they a govt head or older student or older siblings...many fingers pointing, tongues wagging, thumbs pressing.

Then there are the Tribulations...upon the Earth;
Via Gods Power, that come Down from Heaven, upon the Earth. Sporadic, ie Diverse,
Here and There...
Sometimes a punishment, Sometimes a TEST, Sometimes a wake up call.

Then there IS Great Tribulation ... upon the Earth that comes down from Heaven...
One Past...the Great Flood.
One to Yet be revealed.
BOTH: with Great Magnitude...
BOTH; Because of Gods Great Anger...
BOTH:
expressly TO "separate" THE "divided".

The DIVIDED?
Simple; those WITH the Lord God Almighty,

Luke 12:
[51] Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:
John.7
[43] So there was a division among the people because of him.

* WARNED, REPEATEDLY, (not Worldly...blah, blah, the World is going to end predications)....BUT YES, a "personal" URGENCY ...get to getting...
* One who can not DECIDE? Commit? Oops.

Matt 12: [30] He that is not with me is against me;

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: marks

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you failed to make a point about your post.

What is the point of your post? Does it have any relevance to what this thread is attempting to do?

How does your remark about personal tribulations have anything to do with what Jesus called "The Great Tribulation"?

Please help us to understand the meaning of why you wrote what you wrote.
Everyone is going through tribulations. Since I am 77 now I may not be around for such supposedly prophetic events to come. Should we be worried or simply seeking first His Kingdom and His righteousness now while we have time?

NewMusic

Sep 13, 2021
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone is going through tribulations. Since I am 77 now I may not be around for such supposedly prophetic events to come. Should we be worried or simply seeking first His Kingdom and His righteousness now while we have time?

Worry is not the word I would use, but

why not both?

I have been seeking Christ and His kingdom first for 40 years, and He comes first for me every day. it does not mean I am not aware of what is going to happen and attempt something AHEAD of time to deal with those Godly issues when needed.

DO you think the devil takes a break? Do you think he only attacks at the last minute? He plans and conceives and implements LONG before his plans come to the point they are now, while slothful and sleeping christians get taken unware and that day come upon them suddenly like a trap.

Who said that?

Oh I don't know... some guy named JESUS.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He plans and conceives and implements LONG before his plans come to the point they are now, while slothful and sleeping christians get taken unware and that day come upon them suddenly like a trap.
Where does God say these things? I'm pretty familiar with the Bible, but and I know where these statements remind me of, but I'm not aware of these statements.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We live today, not tomorrow, and not next year.

We should be rejoicing in our salvation today, is what I think.

"Casting all your cares upon Him, for He cares for you"

We don't need to be worried or afraid, just trusting.

Much love!

Reactions: amadeus

Keraz

Jun 20, 2018
Thames, New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Well; I am 3 years older than you, but I fully expect to experience the prophesied events of the end times and to see Jesus Return in power and glory.
We will see His Kingdom and partake of His righteousness.

What people seem to miss from the Bible Prophesies, is how the Lord will protect His own people. Many scriptures say that those who call upon the Name of the Lord will be saved.
Also in Revelation 12:14 it says how the faithful Christians will be kept in a place of safety for the 1260, or 42 month, 3 1/2 year; time of the Great Tribulation. When Jesus Returns they will be gathered to Him, in Jerusalem. Matthew 24:30-31

Far from being 'worried', I look forward to it all and I pray for the Lord to bring it on. 2 Peter 3:12

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Worry is not the word I would use, but

why not both?

I have been seeking Christ and His kingdom first for 40 years, and He comes first for me every day. it does not mean I am not aware of what is going to happen and attempt something AHEAD of time to deal with those Godly issues when needed.

DO you think the devil takes a break? Do you think he only attacks at the last minute? He plans and conceives and implements LONG before his plans come to the point they are now, while slothful and sleeping christians get taken unware and that day come upon them suddenly like a trap.

Who said that?

Oh I don't know... some guy named JESUS.
I take no purposeful breaks from the Lord. For many years He has been first in my life. Every believer should be at striving to be there and to ask God for help with any short comings. Personal or Great Tribulation, it should make no difference as I see it in the way a person serves God.

There are many, who like the multitudes in the days of Noah, who will simply continue as they always have done and never make any effort to get aboard the Ark.

Then there also those who will be as the five foolish virgins not bothering about preparing their lamps until too late.

I understand your stated purpose here. While I hope and pray you can help some, there is a limit to what you can do. You can effectively start a new church on your basis, but people are still for the most part going to continue in the same direction.

Simply get on the Lord's side. Stay there and follow His directions!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We live today, not tomorrow, and not next year.

We should be rejoicing in our salvation today, is what I think.

"Casting all your cares upon Him, for He cares for you"

We don't need to be worried or afraid, just trusting.

Much love!
Amen!

"This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

Reactions: marks

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well; I am 3 years older than you, but I fully expect to experience the prophesied events of the end times and to see Jesus Return in power and glory.
We will see His Kingdom and partake of His righteousness.

What people seem to miss from the Bible Prophesies, is how the Lord will protect His own people. Many scriptures say that those who call upon the Name of the Lord will be saved.
Also in Revelation 12:14 it says how the faithful Christians will be kept in a place of safety for the 1260, or 42 month, 3 1/2 year; time of the Great Tribulation. When Jesus Returns they will be gathered to Him, in Jerusalem. Matthew 24:30-31

Far from being 'worried', I look forward to it all and I pray for the Lord to bring it on. 2 Peter 3:12
I am glad you able to look forward as you do. I have no problem with people who spend a lot of time doing that. I hope that they always remember that unless one has a revelation like King Hezekiah, he has no assurance that he will even have a tomorrow, tomorrow, that is, as men reckon time.

To me simply really seeking His face today along with His kingdom and righteousness with all that we have will take care of any tomorrows we have coming to us in this veil of flesh.

Reactions: Truman

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does God say these things? I'm pretty familiar with the Bible, but and I know where these statements remind me of, but I'm not aware of these statements.

Much love!
Perhaps it related to the foolish virgins. I do not believe you are among them...

"While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.
And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.
Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.
And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out." Matt 25:5-8

Many people do need a wake up call, but so many will roll over pull the blanket up over their heads and go back to sleep. We are not their mamas and their daddys able to make them get up as they should. People are foolish as they have foolish since the time of Adam and Eve.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps it related to the foolish virgins. I do not believe you are among them...

"While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.
And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.
Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.
And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out." Matt 25:5-8

Many people do need a wake up call, but so many will roll over pull the blanket up over their heads and go back to sleep. We are not their mamas and their daddys able to make them get up as they should. People are foolish as they have foolish since the time of Adam and Eve.

I'm not seeing where that passage speaks of Christians, the reborn.

I realize that there are all sorts of interpretations to this parable. For myself, I think some get too caught up into the details of the story, and miss the central truth.

Like the "parable of the unjust judge", if we try to find doctrinal match to every detail, we have to call God "unjust".

I think the real purpose of this parable, myself, is to express that it's too late to get ready when the bridegroom has already come. But I don't see this parable teaching that someone who is reborn in the Spirit will then go on to become once again spiritually dead.

Much love!

Reactions: Truman

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not seeing where that passage speaks of Christians, the reborn.

I realize that there are all sorts of interpretations to this parable. For myself, I think some get too caught up into the details of the story, and miss the central truth.

Like the "parable of the unjust judge", if we try to find doctrinal match to every detail, we have to call God "unjust".

I think the real purpose of this parable, myself, is to express that it's too late to get ready when the bridegroom has already come. But I don't see this parable teaching that someone who is reborn in the Spirit will then go on to become once again spiritually dead.
Much love!
Consider what a virgin is and what the lamps are. A virgin is clean but still incomplete and alone. She has yet to become also a clean bride of the bridegroom. The Bridegroom is Jesus. The Bride consists of men and women who are ready to consummate the marriage and endure with the Bridegroom to the end.

The lamps are the sources of Light, but without oil in them will they not remain dark? How do we fill our lamps? How do we keep our lamps full?

Jesus is the Light, the Life indeed, but for us to have the Light brightly shining within us so that all who look upon us may see, we need the oil or the quickening Spirit, the Holy Spirit...

Can you not begin to see what I see here without me reciting a lot of verses of scripture with which you are doubtless already familiar?

Consider the anointing of King Saul with "oil".
Consider the anointing of King David with "oil".
Why did Saul fail while David succeeded in pleasing God? They started in exactly the same place with effectively the same anointing oil. What happened to Saul's oil? What happened to the oil of the foolish virgins?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many people do need a wake up call, but so many will roll over pull the blanket up over their heads and go back to sleep. We are not their mamas and their daddys able to make them get up as they should.

1 Thessalonians 5:1-8 KJV
1) But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
2) For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
3) For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
4) But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
5) Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
6) Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.
7) For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.
8) But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you not begin to see what I see here without me reciting a lot of verses of scripture with which you are doubtless already familiar?
This is perhaps the most intriguing of Jesus' parables to me.

Yes, I realize what many others see in the parable. I happen to think it actually relates to Jesus' coming to re-wed Israel, and may relate them fleeing into the wilderness to be nourished, and prepared.

Much love!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is perhaps the most intriguing of Jesus' parables to me.

Yes, I realize what many others see in the parable. I happen to think it actually relates to Jesus' coming to re-wed Israel.

Much love!
Well my friend simply keep your heart open always to God.

Even in stumbling be rather like David and always looking again up toward God from the lowest of places...

instead of presuming on the heights previously attained like Saul as if they would cover the low places into which he had fallen.

Our correct knowledge alone will Not save us.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well my friend simply keep your heart open always to God.

Of course!

That has a lot to do with why I don't interpret this parable as so many others do.

We all need to keep open hearts, but not cast fear where fear need not be.

Proverbs 13:9 KJV
The light of the righteous rejoiceth: but the lamp of the wicked shall be put out.

Much love!

Reactions: amadeus

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
1 Thessalonians 5:1-8 KJV
1) But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
2) For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
3) For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
4) But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
5) Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
6) Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.
7) For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.
8) But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

Much love!
@marks Watching indeed means keeping our eyes upon the Lord; Psalm 141.8: "But mine eyes are unto thee, O God the Lord: in thee is my trust; leave not my soul destitute" and keep "looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith" (Hebrews 12.2).