I'm Hungry Right Now, What are you munching On?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

From Facebook:

12715604_1013948265331130_1381613754970155188_n.jpg

This is regularly served at the Black Hills Health And Education Center. I didn't think it could really be that good. That is until I actually TASTED it. (Lol) Turns out a few simple ingredients really can taste like...well not exactly butter.. but certainly revivals the best margarine I ever had. (Yes I know margarine has become a dirty word among health oriented folks and its sullied reputation is well deserved but that doesn't mean I didn't like the taste of it.) Show your heart a little love and try creamy "butter".

Great taste, good health, what's not to like?

Ingredients
3/4 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup water
2 tbs yellow cornmeal
1/2 tea salt

Notes: the coconut milk here is the thick kind in a can. You can sub 1/4 cup (preferably raw, soaked) cashews and increase the water to 1 1/4 cups.

Place all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Simmer 5 minutes.
It should begin to thicken, about the consistency of thin porridge. If it doesn't add another teaspoon of cornmeal and cook a few more minutes until it is like thin pancake batter.

Place in a blender. Cover and start low, then increase the speed. Blend for about a minute or until it is as smooth as possible.

Pour into a container; cover and chill. It will be runny, but sets up when cold.

This will keep for about ten days but tends to stiffen after a few days. You can add a bit of water and stir to soften.

Makes 1 cup.

Recipe from the cookbook, Seven Secrets

Reactions: dev553344

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Sounds like chapati. They're just ugly tortillas - lol. And I think eating with the eyes is overrated. Chkl:
We don't have many Mexican places here in NZ and I have a feeling that they do not taste the same as the ones in the US. :IDK: Indian food is very popular here as well as Chinese and other Asian dishes.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We don't have many Mexican places here in NZ and I have a feeling that they do not taste the same as the ones in the US. :IDK: Indian food is very popular here as well as Chinese and other Asian dishes.

Oh, well here are some Mexican cooking classes from nearby Australia!
(No tortilla recipes, tho)

Mexican Cooking.jpg

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, well here are some Mexican cooking classes from nearby Australia!
(No tortilla recipes, tho)

View attachment 34768
I used to make my own salsa Mexican style. It was so good:

Chopped tomatoes
Green peppers
Chopped garlic
Cilantro diced
Diced green onions

I leave out the Jalapeno Mix in a bowl and put in the refrigerator over night to let the herbs melt together. Then eat with Mexican corn chips. Looks like this: Salsa Roja Recipe - Better than restaurant salsa roja
Salsa-roja-clasica.jpg.webp

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Chopped tomatoes
Green peppers
Chopped garlic
Cilantro diced
Diced green onions

I leave out the Jalapeno Mix in a bowl and put in the refrigerator over night to let the herbs melt together. Then eat with Mexican corn chips. Looks like this: Salsa Roja Recipe - Better than restaurant salsa roja

Let me know when you next make some. I'll be right over, then. :dusted::Happy::running:joy:

• Haha

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Chopped tomatoes
Green peppers
Chopped garlic
Cilantro diced
Diced green onions

Oh! If you can get to an ALDI Grocery store they have salsa in a little tub for less than $3 that almost tastes fresh!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Chopped tomatoes
Green peppers
Chopped garlic
Cilantro diced
Diced green onions

Let me know when you next make some. I'll be right over, then. :dusted:
:Happy::running:joy:

• Haha

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@dev553344, I guess I really wanted a double portion of your salsa! :Laughingoutloud: :jest:
It's so good it is something you have to share. Just thinking about it makes me hungry. It really is the best tasting salsa I've ever had. You can get it at Mexican restaurants too. They serve the same thing usually.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's so good it is something you have to share. Just thinking about it makes me hungry. It really is the best tasting salsa I've ever had. You can get it at Mexican restaurants too. They serve the same thing usually.
I don't think I've ever made any at home, actually. At least, not that I can clearly recall. I guess I'm letting some of the best stuff in life pass me by.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
It seems..there are a few Taco Bell in NZ (Auckland?)..
@Pathfinder7 - there are around 13 Taco Bells in the entire country. The first one opening in 2019. Not been here long and most folks have been eating Indian and Asian cuisine since the 50s/60s. In my little town there is an Indian and Thai restaurant. That's it! :Broadly: most non-Aucklanders try to not to go there unless we are flying out from the International airport.

Reactions: Pathfinder7

Orkan

Jan 30, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Brazil
As a fitness enthusiast, I've been exploring the benefits of incorporating more meat into my diet and the impact it can have on my fitness journey. Consuming lean sources of meat, such as chicken and turkey, has provided me with essential protein to support muscle growth and recovery after workouts. Moreover, I've started experimenting with various cooking techniques to prepare delicious and nutritious meat-based meals. However, it's crucial to emphasize that a balanced diet and proper training are key, and buy steroids online should always be approached with caution and under the guidance of medical professionals. Prioritizing overall health and wellness while exploring dietary changes and fitness enhancements is essential for long-term success.

Last edited:

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Pathfinder7 - there are around 13 Taco Bells in the entire country. The first one opening in 2019. Not been here long and most folks have been eating Indian and Asian cuisine since the 50s/60s. In my little town there is an Indian and Thai restaurant. That's it! :Broadly: most non-Aucklanders try to not to go there unless we are flying out from the International airport.

I just got back from Taco Bell. When I was a teenager in southern California you couldn't drive 5 miles without seeing one. My favorite was the "Green Burrito." Tomatillos and Frijoles Pintos were made for each other (the menu has changed considerably over the last fifty years).

I'm trying to work up the nerve to make some homemade combination wheat/corn tortillas. I don't even know if that's a thing or if it'll work. All I know is that I love them both too much to subject myself to being forced to decide any longer (o_O). I was thinking if I use whole wheat pastry flour with the corn meal they might be less likely to crumble or tear. It seems fraught with peril. If I disappear, send someone after me - lol.