I'm looking for a Christian Forum

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Metacommunicating with you is exhausting!

Communicating with you is exhausting.

I've learned many decades ago that whenever people complain (perhaps) about HOW you are communicating, they actually don't like WHAT you are communicating but have no argument against it. Evidence is you never hear anyone complain about HOW they were complimented. ;)
Don't tell a girl she looks healthy.

• Haha
Reactions: amigo de christo

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ad Homenim. Proof you lost the argument.

My ignorance has nothing to do with my this word is not in authoritative references like Merriam-Websters.
If you like what you've got you are free to keep it.

You've found a dictionary that doesn't list the word. I've shown you many that do.

The fact that I've made a comment about you doesn't have any affect over whether this word is real, and whether this concept is real, anyway, like I said, this isn't going anywhere. It's up to you whether you want this knowledge or not.

Much love!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think it's time to lock this one.

If anyone wants to discuss metacommunication or reflective listening, let me know.

Much love!
Isn’t reflective listening, observing people, one may say they are fine....yet the reflective listener, may notice something in their body language, that says the opposite...of course I may be misunderstanding reflective listening.

I find body language extremely interesting..even my own..which I’m not always aware of...I think we can give a lot away of ourselves..as in “ body language “...it’s like we have no control over it at times?

Have you ever observed people observing other people?..or am I way off topic...I will be quiet if I am.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Megachurch".
There's a Texas pastor who bought an old sports arena and converted it into a church.
The tythe's they bring in,the offerings tallied, on any given Sunday are over $1 million.
He's a second generation pastor but for the life of me I don't see how anyone buys that.
The reason anyone buys anything is they want what IT OFFERS .
for many this is the love of money , prestige , ,honor , wealth .
Folks sit exactly where they WANT and DESIRE TO SIT .
under those who preach what they desire and want IN LIFE .
THIS IS NO MYSTERY . I KNOW why they buy into it . Let me sum it up like this .
MEN do as men do and men sit where those who preach their desires ., but lambs SIT exactly
where the LOVE OF GOD has planted into them . UNDER THOSE who preach TRUTH . lambs love TRUTH
lambs love GOD , CHRIST , HIS WORDS above all . CAUSE GOD HAS PUT THAT LOVE UPON THEIR HEARTS .
but even lambs still dwell in bodies of flesh and that flesh must be crucified and done so daily .
FOR SIN , for leaven , for walking contrary to GOD has a dear heavy price that WILL SURELY harden the heart .
THUS , as GOD KNEW and as GOD INSPIRED BY THE SPIRIT , ITS A DARN GOOD THING
to STAY IN THEM BIBLES and be refreshed DAILY in THAT TRUTH . cause sin can and sin will harden a heart .
I SAY ITS TIME TO MAKE BIBLICAL CORRECTION ...............GREAT AGAIN . know what i mean .
TIME we got us face first NOSE DEEP into them bibles again . DO be encouraged . GOD always KNOWS and has always known
and will always know what IS BEST FOR US . THE APOSTELS KNEW THAT . THEIR LETTERS they wrote ARE FOR THE GOOD
of the lambs . ITS MEN who decieve daily and now nigh the end we got diablos in the house BIG TIME .
You see the devil wears more than prada my friend . HE CAN WEAR WOOL TOO and SO CAN HIS MINSTIRS .
BIBLE TIME .

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isn’t reflective listening, observing people, one may say they are fine....yet the reflective listener, may notice something in their body language, that says the opposite...of course I may be misunderstanding reflective listening.

I find body language extremely interesting..even my own..which I’m not always aware of...I think we can give a lot away of ourselves..as in “ body language “...it’s like we have no control over it at times?

Have you ever observed people observing other people?..or am I way off topic...I will be quiet if I am.
This is a thread I began on Reflective Listening:

Much love!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I think it's time to lock this one.

If anyone wants to discuss metacommunication or reflective listening, let me know.

Much love!
My apologies, I was correcting Wrangler with a counter example not attempting to make light of the discussion.

Instead of fighting over a definition just get into it.

People with their minds made up do not change their beliefs. So why do we bother debating or discussing these things? Motivation varies person to person. I can speak for myself I want the Truth to be revealed, even if it is not accepted. I believe if something is important and relevant the Holy Spirit will guide us into the Truth. So even in the Chaos that is this form the truth might be found. And the Holy Spirit would confirm it if necessary. That is assuming the person has the indwelling Holy Spirit, which they may not. These people have bigger problems than rather the rapture will occur before the tribulation. Or who is the antichrist, Or If the Pope is Catholic, or any other irrelevant thing for the Kingdom.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My apologies, I was correcting Wrangler with a counter example not attempting to make light of the discussion.
My request wasn't because of your post.
I want the Truth to be revealed, even if it is not accepted.
Ditto!

I'm thinking that the info I wanted to put out there is there, and the general tone of a number of posts leads me to want to lock this. I've said what I wanted to say.

Much love!

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For starters, one that exists primarly for the spiritual nurture of it's members, not revenue from ad clicks. That right there makes an extremely significant difference.

Is this motivated by humble service in the Holy Spirit, or wanting more money?

Much love!
Having a forum like this is not cheap.

You either have to charge members, or pay with adds..or hope you have enough to volunteer to give to pay the bills

Reactions: amigo de christo
Status
Not open for further replies.