I'm looking for a Christian Forum

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No Christian is perfect, because he has some errors, misunderstandings, etc. I suppose in an online forum you'd find the same, not perfect. The Moderator(s) on this forum do give wide latitude; but for me, it seems this forum is better than most.
Hello Arthur, and how are you all? What do you think about when Jesus said: Be Ye Perfect

Reactions: Pearl

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was a great format where we had our own pages and could befriend other members and chat privately with them. It had some good topics and debates which were edifying and encouraging. It started to go down hill when the owner chose quantity over quality and people were rewarded by how many posts the made. After that people just began to post anything to get a point or two. It killed it.
That's a good point, "likes", and "points". Affirmations. I think much of what is wrong with forums has to do with this.

My favorite one was privately funded and had no likes or points.

Much love!

Reactions: amigo de christo

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That's a good point, "likes", and "points". Affirmations. I think much of what is wrong with forums has to do with this.

My favorite one was privately funded and had no likes or points.

Much love!
That one was also but another point in its decline was that the owner asked for cash support.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That one was also but another point in its decline was that the owner asked for cash support.
Part of the private funding was from members, some chose to. Not everyone is willing or able to, though, so when they start getting hit up for money it can be a problem.

Much love!

Reactions: Pearl

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just out of curiosity, on what basis would others respond to anyone other than their own comments?
If you reply negatively, you shouldn't complain if others reply negatively to you.

To answer your question more directly, one could reply on the basis of having personal values including building up and not tearing down, and including the desire to nurture others in their faith, and really, anything we can do to help others. On the basis of having the determination to give a gift, rather than merely share negative personal opinions about other people.

Let me ask you this. How often do you find personal criticisms against others on this forum? How many times does personal criticism show itself in this very thread? Just this one example alone gives a fully discordant note.

What purports to be a Christian forum could end up having more in common with an elementary school playground. Am I the only one who thinks that Christian fellowship should rise above the rest of the world? I know I'm not.

Much love!

Last edited:

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"christian" forums?

internet search for "top" sites, and bold are my quick assessments:

(Top 12?) Christian Forums​

1. Christian Doctrine Debate & Discussions Forum: Join the discussion on topics as disparate as Glenn Beck to Christian music and videos. Domain "for sale"

2, Christian Forum Site: This forum site focuses on entertainment, resources, learning and prayer and fellowship. Not found!

3. Christian Forums: Topics range from congregational group topics to theology, edification and society. Some topics are for “Christians Only.” This site also has subforums that reach out to various sects, such as Catholicism. Quite Extensive, and nice "snowy graphics" [for winter?]

4. Christian Forums.net: Readers can find business, entertainment and Christian discussion topics at this forum. Has a "goal of $1038 2024 web-site fees" and our precious friends @WalterandDebbie are participants, eh?

5. Christian-Forum.net: This forum focuses on Bible prophecy and Christian discussion. Trouble loading?

6. Christianity Board: Participate and share in focused Christian discussions on this forum and take advantage of their gallery, blogs and chat features. we know this one, eh?

7. Crosswalk Forums: These forums are part of the Faith Community Network and offer topics such as “faith,” “life” and “theology.” welcome screen only, must log-in or join for access...

8. Grace Centered Christian Forums: Sponsored by Grace Centered Magazine, topics include hobbies, announcements and Christian interests. 4 guests 'viewing' - has "Theological debates that are courteous and abide by forum rules."? last one was Feb. 2021!

9. Lampstand Christian Forum: This forum tackles topics such as Christian life, theology, fellowship and the world. No website!

10. Theology Online: TOL is a forum that embraces religion, politics and Christianity. not too active, 4 members at the moment, latest posts Nov 7, Saturday, and a couple just a few minutes ago...

11. Trinity Christian Forums: Enjoy Christian chat, bible study forums and prayer request forums as well as polls, photo galleries and other special features if you register. No website!

12. Worthy Christian Forums: This forum is divided into an Outer Court, Inner Court, Upper Room and more, all to define the variety of Christian topics under discussion. possibly plausible [worthy?]...

Precious friend, Be encouraged and edified in your search... ♫ :innocent:

Last edited:

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
If you reply negatively, you shouldn't complain if others reply negatively to you.

To answer your question more directly, one could reply on the basis of having personal values including building up and not tearing down, and including the desire to nurture others in their faith, and really, anything we can do to help others. On the basis of having the determination to give a gift, rather than merely share negative personal opinions about other people.

Let me ask you this. How often do you find personal criticisms against others on this forum? How many times does personal criticism show itself in this very thread? Just this one example alone gives a fully discordant note.

What purports to be a Christian forum could end up having more in common with an elementary school playground. Am I the only one who thinks that Christian fellowship should rise above the rest of the world? I know I'm not.

Much love!

The forum experience is driven by the members.
The members are divided by the mods, who eventually need to ban those who are not conforming to community standards.
The standards were chosen to be inclusive of pretty much anyone who calls themselves Christian unless they reveal their belief in something particularly blasphemous.
Our course was set long ago by Hammerstone. It is now well established in our member base, and the choice was to tear apart the community through forcing adherence to a statement of faith or leave it alone we chose to leave it alone. I'm still inclined to leave it alone. Several attempts have been made to start other forums with a different mission, by various Members none of those took off.

Ever notice when things are looking up some new group of two or three emissaries of the devil show up with similar false doctrines? Consider the more resistance you are getting you must be on the right track. Our battle is not against flesh and blood but powers and principalities. That's how I justify my efforts here. If I thought the forum had no potential as a place to serve the Lord I would also think it worthless. I too would abandon it. What we need is more edification and to invite more battles against the enemy. And for those who are weary take a break from the forum.

The staff welcome any suggestions that would help to refine the rules, if they are deficient.

Only the owner sees the money from the ads, and I haven't seen him in a long time. Consider getting an ad blocker.

Reactions: Rita

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@marks, this is where your hypocrisy shows as if your comment applies to thee and not to me. What is this business of starting a thread on a Christian forum, asking if anyone knows a Christian forum? That's not negative?! No. No! NO!

Reactions: Ritajanice

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@marks, this is where your hypocrisy shows as if your comment applies to thee and not to me. What is this business of starting a thread on a Christian forum, asking if anyone knows a Christian forum? That's not negative?! No. No! NO!
Friend, I've not made negative comments about you, either to you, or to others.

And the reason for the thread? Largely to instigate metacommunication, and some critical reasoning (not the same thing as being critical of others - it means to examine your thoughts for validity).

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's were you and I differ. I don't seek false, meta stuff but actual, real communication. Your occasional passive aggressiveness does make that difficult.
Metacommunication is talking about how we talk. It's neither false nor passive aggressive. And again you feel free to give your personal criticisms.

What if we were to rate how "Christian" a forum is by the general behavior of it's members?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are very sensitive my friend. I also made no negative comment about you. I merely said what you - or anyone - would need to do to achieve the goal you have.
To be in an echo chamber?

That's my goal? I don't think you are understanding me.

The fact that I point to something does not mean I'm having some emotional reaction. That seems to be a favorite dodge for those who don't want to look at facts, it seems to me.

For instance you can share your opinion that I'm "very sensitive", and I can point to that, I can refute it, I can respond in other ways, whatever, all without being emotionally driven. Perhaps someone is only able to point out something when they are offended, I do it at times when I feel something is inappropriate. You can disagree if you wish, and I expect you will.

And all of this without some supposed emotionalism.

There is another use to the word metacommunication, which refers to the "extra" info you give with your message to modify your message in subtle, or maybe even not so subtle ways. In person, it's a gesture, a voice tone, things like that. In written speech, it's more about innuendo, hinting, implications, things like that. And these can all be used in both positive or negative ways.

Much love!

Last edited:
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Found this word online definitions from different sources.

More commonly, metacommunication is defined as nonverbal signals that modify the meaning of verbal expressions, for example to convey sincerity or sarcasm, or.....
Metacommunication - Wiley Online Library
John Wiley

Psychologists define metacommunication as the sum of your verbal and non- verbal communication.

Communication Skills: How's Your Metacommunication? - Carol Roth

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm searching for an actually Christian forum, does anyone know of one?

Much love!

Public Forums have no guarantee of being exclusive to Like Heartful beliefs.

As a side note, you are an asset to this forum yet, I can relate to your implication of somewhat frustration. Just remember there are many many more OF the world, and only God has the solution He will one day reveal.

God Bless you,
Taken

Reactions: marks

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, he engaged the non-believers, but called out the self righteous religious, posturers as vipers, whited sepulchres, ect.
We cannot do the same here, not only by the forum rules but all the quoting of judging others scripts that ppl can find and misquote !
I cannot see anyone's heart but I can read their doctrines & practices.
If forums banned Trolls, it would relieve a lot of the evil and darkness that thrives in bring evil and darkness to Christians gathering together online.

There are alsoTrolls who have more than one account. They sound alike and support "each other" in their postings. There has to be a way to identify those people.

I was a member of a Christian forum years ago where a Moderator had a regular secondary account he used to harass female members by PM.
The hook that brought his attention to those women members was dream interpretation threads. That common denominator is what led the Administration to investigate complaints from those women.
He,who claimed to be married ,was banned.

Hate filled people will offend as long as they are allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.