Images and Gifs

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

laid renard

Apr 2, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
I've posted images at many a forum, and I must say, this one is different code wise.
How do I post an image or gif ?

Thanx in advance :)

:ph34r:

Ok, that last emoticon had nothing to do with anything. I just felt like posting it.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The image or gif code should look like this ie
http://www5.picturepush.com/photo/a/13219928/220/13219928.gif

Add "img" enclosed in brackets [ ] at the beginning of the code and also at the end of the code but add a backslash [/
I cannot show the g within the brackets without it becoming totally enclosed LOL! [im] bracketed [/im] but this is basically what it should look like [including the g]

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
laid renard said:
I've posted images at many a forum, and I must say, this one is different code wise.
How do I post an image or gif ?
If you click the More Reply Options button on the bottom right when you are editing, you will go to a page that has more options. One of those is an icon (first square from left on bottom row) that you click on and it will insert the codes automatically. All you have to do is paste in a URL to the image.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
...or you could do it CRFYDs way ;) I tend to do everything manually. Esp when working with BB codes, it's seems a lot faster to me :)

Bless ya!

laid renard

Apr 2, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
After the suggestions, I tried 5 times to post an image and each time this comes up :

"You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community."

Is it due to the sites I chose ?

They were images from your average run of the mill gif sites.

Thanx :)

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
laid renard said:
After the suggestions, I tried 5 times to post an image and each time this comes up :

"You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community."

Is it due to the sites I chose ?

They were images from your average run of the mill gif sites.

Thanx :)
Yeah, sometimes I get that too. You'll have to shop around until you find an image with an extension like .gif, .jpg, .png. If you can point me to an example, maybe I can figure out a work around for you.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
When I try to add a picture it says max size is 3.18 KB (which is tiny by any standard).
What gives ???
I have a piece of antiquity paving stone from the streets of Jerusalem and I want to show a picture of it

laid renard

Apr 2, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
^ Ooh, I'd like to see that !

Now I can't quote or copy and paste so I can make do by copying someone's text that way. Or post images. Or even highlight to add color to text.
Sometimes I wonder if they disable abilities of people they don't like..... :ph34r: