Worship of the Eucharist (Graven Image)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did not know this..

"Eucharistic Adoration, Eucharistic Devotion, Perpetual Adoration
“They speak about the real presence of Christ in the bread and wine. Things relating to it are called eucharistic. A consecrated communion wafer is called a host. Hosts that are left over after Mass are kept in a tabernacle, (a large, ornate container that can be locked). When hosts are in the tabernacle, a candle is lit. This enables Catholics to know that consecrated hosts are inside, so they can kneel and pray in front of the tabernacle as a form of eucharistic devotion. The tabernacle also protects the hosts by making it difficult to steal them.

When I was a Catholic, I sometimes attended special services called Adoration
of the Blessed Sacrament
. A large consecrated host was put in a monstrance [example]. (This is a large, ornate, metal container, in the basic shape of a daisy with a stem, plus a base so that it can stand up.) The monstrance looked like it was made of gold. It had a circular chamber in the middle which held a large, round host. The front of the chamber was glass, so you could see the host. Visually it looked like gold rays were coming out of the host.

The priest put the monstrance on the altar. We worshiped the host, believing
that it was Jesus. There were special prayers and special songs…At the end
of the service, we had Benediction. The priest held the monstrance and made the
sign of the cross with it. We believed that Jesus Christ Himself was blessing us.”
—Mary Ann Collins (A Former Catholic Nun)

When this adoration is, twenty-four hours a day, it is called perpetual adoration.

“…the host is comparable to a blazing fire whose flames spread out like rays all round it.’—Pere Teilhard, Mon Univers

Eucharistic Adoration and the sun god
The Eucharistic adoration or perpetual adoration of the host in the monstrance would seem to have roots in the pagan Worship of a Sun, which has been a part of many cultures throughout history.

The sacrifices offered on the altars of the [pagan] goddess were quite different
…the usual offering was a round cake, the symbol of the Sun. “The thin round cake,” says Wilkinson [“Egyptians”, vol. v. p. 353], “occurs on all altars.” This round cake was of course a symbol, both of the Sun, and of his Son, or incarnation, for the circle represented both the Sun’s disk and “The Seed.”

— John Garnier, “The Worship of the Dead: Or, The Origin and Nature of Pagan Idolatry and its bearing upon the early history of Egypt and Babylonia,” p. 345.."

"Eucharistic adoration is a Eucharistic devotional practice primarily in Western Catholicism, but also to a lesser extent in certain Lutheran and Anglican traditions, in which the Blessed Sacrament is adored by the faithful. This practice may occur either when the Eucharist is exposed, or when it is not publicly viewable because it is reserved in a place such as a church tabernacle.

Adoration is a sign of devotion to and worship of Jesus Christ, who is believed, according to Christian tradition, to be present in body, blood, soul, and divinity, under the appearance of the consecrated host, that is, sacramental bread. From a theological perspective, the adoration is a form of latria, based on the tenet of the real presence of Christ in the Blessed Sacrament"...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eucharistic_adoration

We know what the Ten Commandments say on these graven images and its throughout the Bible not just there...

Deuteronomy 5:8
Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the waters beneath the earth:

Psalm 78:58
For they provoked him to anger with their high places, and moved him to jealousy with their graven images.

Isaiah 21:9
And, behold, here cometh a chariot of men, with a couple of horsemen. And he answered and said, Babylon is fallen, is fallen; and all the graven images of her gods he hath broken unto the ground.

Isaiah 42:17
They shall be turned back, they shall be greatly ashamed, that trust in graven images, that say to the molten images, Ye are our gods.

Jeremiah 51:47
Therefore, behold, the days come, that I will do judgment upon the graven images of Babylon: and her whole land shall be confounded, and all her slain shall fall in the midst of her.

And we see this clear warning..
Acts 17:29
Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not to derail your Catholic-bashing post, but just as an aside: the host inside the monstrance is neither an "image" nor "graven."

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are you posting all this?
As I said, didnt know why this was brought into the church as I came across this and was shocked to see how they were able to slip this in using the lie of 'Transubstantiation'. Now it makes sense why they bring in these false doctrines to allow the corruption of truth get into the church, it seems that is their 'modus operandi'..

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I said, didnt know why this was brought into the church as I came across this and was shocked to see how they were able to slip this in using the lie of 'Transubstantiation'. Now it makes sense why they bring in these false doctrines to allow the corruption of truth get into the church, it seems that is their 'modus operandi'..
You think the RCC intentionally brings in knowingly false doctrines into the Church? They KNOW it is false but trumpet it as truth ANYWAY? That makes no sense!

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You think the RCC intentionally brings in knowingly false doctrines into the Church? They KNOW it is false but trumpet it as truth ANYWAY? That makes no sense!
Yes, they did it at the Council of Trent and with the Assumption of Mary, and now with even the Lords Supper.. They are the agents of the deceiver in all their purposes and prove themselves antichrist as one can see...

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, they did it at the Council of Trent and with the Assumption of Mary, and now with even the Lords Supper.. They are the agents of the deceiver in all their purposes and prove themselves antichrist as one can see...
I don't see it that way. I'm not Roman Catholic, but I do know that mere error and intentional fraud are two different things. What would be the RCC's motive for the latter?

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't see it that way. I'm not Roman Catholic, but I do know that mere error and intentional fraud are two different things. What would be the RCC's motive for the latter?
To supersede what is of Christ with their own authority, what they have always done. Its not mere error......