Imminent.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wormwood said:
You were the one to start arguing about the meaning of words. I was merely responding to your statements.
You were the one who tried to establish that Amillennialism was the original eschatology of the Church.

Wormwood, on 06 Mar 2016 - 09:15 AM, said:
The Roman Catholic Church did not bring about amillennial thought...it existed from the beginning, along with historic premillennialism (which is very similar to amillennialism, except that it holds to a literal 1,000 year reign).
I then said:

Marcus O'Reillius, on 06 Mar 2016 - 3:00 PM, said:
I did not say that the Roman Catholic Church brought about Amillennial eschatology.
I said it had Amillennialism had its origins from Augustine of Hippo, a very important fourth century church leader.
And you said:

Wormwood, on 08 Mar 2016 - 09:45 AM, said:
Oh, so before you are saying that Augustine and his allegory created amillennialism,
And I said again:

Marcus O'Reillius, on 08 Mar 2016 - 4:03 PM, said:
No, that is incorrect. I said it has its origins with Augustine. I did not say he created it. There is a difference: words mean things.
And you gave your simple word definitions of create and origin and equivocated in defense saying they were one and the same, and dismissively stated this:

Wormwood, on 08 Mar 2016 - 4:31 PM, said:
Im sorry, but I am really chuckling here. So I am trying to understand what these words mean....let me consult a dictionary:
Am I being punked here? LOL
To which I objected once again to your painting my point of view with a broad brush so as to tarnish it and dismiss it -

Marcus O'Reillius, on 08 Mar 2016 - 6:25 PM, said:
To say that a river that has its origins in the mountains on its run to the sea was created by the snow melt is to ignore all the other sources which flow into it to make it the river it is when it empties fresh water into salt water.
To which you said:

Wormwood, on 08 Mar 2016 - 8:46 PM, said:
That just is not true. Augustine "popularized" a view that had been around for some time. Augustine was the originator of views like original sin. He was not the originator/origin of Amillennialism. Do some research on the issue. Amillennialism dates back 200 years prior to Augustine...at least.
To which I said:

Marcus O'Reillius, on 08 Mar 2016 - 10:31 PM, said:
And that is not true. That is why we have historic pre-millennialist and scholars like the ones at Bible.org call it Augustinian Amillennialism.
To which you trotted out an opinion of someone who states what you parrot:

Wormwood, on 09 Mar 2016 - 3:51 PM, said:
"Origen, using an allegorical method of interpretation, spiritualized the future kingdom and understood it to be the present Church Age from Adam on. This amillennial eschatology was popularized by Augustine." - Ryrie's Basic Theology, 500.
And you reiterate that I am in error...

And the whole time, there stands history judging what has come to pass with two separate terms which are quite apart from each other: Historic Pre-Millennialism vis-a-vis Amillennialism.

They are not the same; your belief that Amillennialism is the first eschatology is in error and as far as I can see, you're the one in denial.

So who wants to argue about word meaning? I'd say it was the one who interjected one word for the other, and then argued they were the same, and tried to make fun of me to boot.

Wormwood

Chaps
Apr 9, 2013
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont have much time so I will just respond to your final comment for now, primariliy because I take great care in presenting a logical argument based on what you are presenting me with and you are misrepresenting me and our discussion thus far...

You were the one who tried to establish that Amillennialism was the original eschatology of the Church.
This is just simply untrue. Let me walk you through the discussion to refresh your memory...

I said on Feb 24th (much earlier than your March posts you cite)
When you say "Scripture demands" something that no one in Church history believed for 1800 years, then I dont think Scripture really "demands" it. You are overstating your case and acting as if your interpretation is one of necessity rather than one merely influenced by your dispensational contact lenses (which is actually the case).

You replied on Feb 24th:
Don't tell me what everybody believed for 1800 years when for much of that time they had an unrealistic framework in which to view prophecy.
Augustine is the father of Amillennialism. He was a product of Platonism. He wrongly thought as the Roman Catholic Church became the bureaucratic administration for Rome that Christianity had conquered Rome. So he discarded the Historical perspective then of Premillennialism (which is why the earliest eschatology is Premillennialism and it is called Historic Premillennialism) and adopted Amillennialism.

I responded by saying,
Give me a break, Marcus. You said that Scripture "demands" this interpretation. I simply pointed out that no one believed what you think Scripture "demands" for 1800 years and still many do not believe it. Obviously, Scripture does not demand such an interpretation because it is a new view on Revelation and one that is held by a small segment of Christianity....There is plenty of evidence that shows that Amillennialism predates Augustine. It seems to be a contemporary view alongside historic premillennialism. In fact, Amillennialism and historic premillennialism are very similar except that one sees the 1,000 years as a literal time period and the other does not. Augustine may have made amillennial views more popular, but he did not invent the view. It dates back to the early church fathers.

I never said or implied Amillennialism was the original eschatology of the Church. My point was that it seems odd to me to argue that dispensationalism is the "demanded" interpretation of the Bible when no one had argued it for 1800 years. You were the one who questioned the origin of my view and claimed it was developed over time and formed by Augustine's Platonic thought. My response was that Amillennialism dates back to the church fathers and, although not as popular early on, was a view that was held alongside historic premillennialism. So, to be clear, you are the one who brought up the origins of Amillennialism, not me. I simply sought to correct your accusation that it was grounded in Platonism and formed centuries later by Augustine. Then I used actual sources to verify this fact (to no avail), and you simply stated that they were agenda driven and I was essentially making stuff up because I had my mind made up on the matter. smh.

I am not the one equivocating. I have responded to comments you have made that were misreprentations of my view and how it was formed. It wasnt in an effort to assert anything, it was a defense of your accusations to paint it as something that slowly evolved due to Greek philosphy. Moreover, I have used theological sources to validate my points and you have used nothing of the sort. Personally, I dont care if Amillennialism was founded by Augustine or not (even though it wasnt), my point was that Dispensationalism is not "demanded" by Scripture because no one thought of it for 1800 years and you are the one who took us down this rabbit hole and continue to do so.

Anyway, I am tired of arguing with you about this nonsense and then having to defend myself from misrepresentations that I was the one who brought these issues up as a means of equivocating. If anything, I have been laboring to get back to the main point I was making and you are the one who keeps forcing us into this discussion by bringing it up time and time again.

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well... we can go back to the 17th of February (page 2) where blessedhope was going on about the rapture and you chimed in about dispensationalism and made claims of falsehood and danger about issues that blessedhope never raised... or we can let it go altogether.

I'm well able to let you have your view and espouse it.
I'm not so willing to let you attack my view with your 'dispensational brush' raising all kinds of red herrings which has nothing to do with what I espouse nor which blessedhope espouses.

I'd gladly discuss where we part company on our interpretations of the Bible, and that, in my opinion, has to do with how we fundamentally view the book of Revelation, ending up at the opposite of eschatological categories possible.
But I don't really like arguing, but I've been told I'd have made a great lawyer...

Wormwood

Chaps
Apr 9, 2013
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well... we can go back to the 17th of February (page 2) where blessedhope was going on about the rapture and you chimed in about dispensationalism and made claims of falsehood and danger about issues that blessedhope never raised... or we can let it go altogether.
I dont mind if you bring up a new topic or even take us down an occasional rabbit hole. I do it all the time. I dont doubt I did with blessedhope. However, I just wanted to make it clear that I was not the one who brought up the origins of Amillennialism as a means of proving my view is more valid than yours. You had brought it up as a means of discrediting my view in response to my comment that the Bible does not "demand" dispensational eschatology (anymore than it "demands" an amillennial eschatology). I dont have a problem owning up to my arguments and why I make them. I just dont like it when someone says I started a topic as a means of equivocating when I was merely responding to something you had raised.

I dont doubt you would make a good lawyer :). I will try to get back to your other points perhaps on Monday. Weekends tend to be a busy time for me so I am not able to comment as much. Have a blessed day.

Wormwood

Chaps
Apr 9, 2013
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, I have a few minutes so I will try to address a few of your points.

Now, in City of God, which I now have thanks to this line or argument, the best point at which you could say Augustine created Amillennialism comes in Book XX, chapter 6 & 7. However, while his reading is rather "thick" - it does not create a wholly new and complete eschatology as Irving created a new Hamlet. While you would like to stretch this fourth possible definition, to me, it does not apply, and furthermore, the primary definition given in 1. as well its secondary and tertiary definitions do not apply at all to Augustine's work seminal work. I would not ascribe "create" to the process by which Amillennialism was formed. I do, as well as many others credit Augustine with the formation of Amillennialism, which was a distinct break from the Chiliasts.
Again, Augustine did not create a break from Chiliasts as such a break already existed. I took an entire seminary course on this so I am pretty familiar with the development of early Christian doctrine. Symbolism and allegory were methods of interpretation that predated Augustine by many hundred years. Perhaps the most prominent biblical proponent of allegory was Philo the Jew (25 B.C. - 45 A.D.). Very early in church history you had two distinct schools of biblical interpretation. In the East, based out of the school in Alexandria, you had those who saw multiple levels of meaning in Scripture and that "spiritual" meanings were often understood as being the most profound. Out of this school of thought came figures like Clement of Alexandria (155-200 AD), Origen (185-254 AD). These men and others who came from this school of thought were prone to developing allegory and sought to establish a rule of faith in order to be the guide that would prevent various allegorical interpretations from stretching too far.

In the West, based out of the school of Antioch, there was a group known as the Historicists. These men taught that the interpreter is to discern the meaning of the text in its historical context without recourse to allegory and that the literal sense provided the fullest meaning. They accepted typological interpretation, but it was to be based in o the historico-grammatical meaning of the text. Men who came from this school of thought were peopl like Diodorus of Tarsus, Theodore of Mopsuestia and John Chrysostom.

Obviously, Augustine would have been much more comfortable with the Alexandrian school of thought as he was very comfortable with utilizing allegory and believed that truth could be apprehended at many different levels. He believed a text could have many different meanings.

Consider some of the following references that show how those from the school of Alexandria dealt with passages such as the millennium:

There was also a movement to spiritualize or allegorize the millennium (amillennialist), partly in response to chiliasm. Origen (De prin. 2.11.2–3; 3.6) allegorized the millennium to be the spiritual rule of Christ in the believer until Christ hands over the believer to God. Tyconius, the Donatist theologian, taught that the millennial rule was from the passion to the second coming of Christ, a position which influenced Augustine to abandon millenarianism for amillennialism.

Duane F. Watson, “Millennium,” ed. David Noel Freedman, Allen C. Myers, and Astrid B. Beck, Eerdmans Dictionary of the Bible (Grand Rapids, MI: W.B. Eerdmans, 2000), 900.

• First Epistle of Clement (AD 90/97) speaks of the Second Coming of Christ and the future resurrection, but gives no hint of two comings or two resurrections, or of a millennial kingdom.
• Polycarp (c. AD 110), Ignatius, the Didache (the ‘teaching of 12 Apostles’) and the Epistle of Barnabas (c. AD 130) do not give any support to many aspects of the pre-millennial view. Although the Didache does seem to indicate the idea of a millennium, no actual reference is made.
• Papias and Justin Martyr (c. AD 150) both held to a future reign of Christ on earth for 1,000 years after the resurrection. Eusebius (c. AD 300) did not think highly of Papias’ view. Justin Martyr did speak contradictorily but was insistent on a thousand-year reign in Jerusalem. But he had no special place for Jewish conversion, believing that Christians are ‘the true Israelite race’. There were other views held at the time.
• AD 150–250. Millennialism was widely held but it was not the catholic faith, as embodied in the Catholic Creeds. Origen argued against an earthly millennium and his view found general acceptance. Augustine (AD 354–430) also spoke against it and influenced the church for centuries.

Ian McNaughton, Opening up 2 Thessalonians, Opening Up Commentary (Leominster: Day One Publications, 2008), 79–80.

So, as referenced above, Augustine did believe in a literal millennium until he was influenced by Tyconius. So it wasn't Augustine's pagan background that caused him to see the millennium as symbolic but the influence of another Christian teacher. Origen wrote extensively in rejection of a literal millennium 200 years before Augustine was born. The school in Alexandria was very fond of using allegory and spiritual meanings in interpreting Scripture and so seeing the millennium as a literal 1,000 years would not have been their first inclination by any means.

In future posts, I will quote some early Christian documents that speak for themselves on the issue.

No, and don't put words into my mouth.
I wasnt putting words in your mouth. If you look at my quote, you will see a question mark at the end of the sentence. I was asking if that was what you believed. Hence, I was asking for more information. You need to relax a little, friend.

Now I use "event" to differentiate action, but as I see in Scripture, that Jesus returns on the Day of the Lord, and on that same day, we are subsequently gathered up, then yes, I see unity.
I mentioned nothing about the Millennium nor any such thing as the "disappearance of the church during a 7 year Great Tribulation".
- The second thing, this disappearance, that you tried to plaster me with is totally foreign to me and is something out of your understanding of someone else's eschatology and has nothing to do with me.
Marcus, almost all of my comments have been directed specifically at "dispensationalism." Since you have defended dispensationalism, I can only assume you agree with its major tenents. How am I supposed to know if you do not? And, why would you defend dispensationalism if you disagree with its major tenents? If there is confusion, I believe it is because you have associated yoruself with a belief you do not hold....if that is indeed the case. Allow me to quote House again in his summary of dispensationalism:

"Adherents of this school are represented by those who generally hold to the concept of two-stages in the coming of Christ. He will come for his church (rapture) and then with his church (revelation). The two events are separated by a seven-year Tribulation. There is a consistent distinction between Israel and the church throughout history."

Likewise, Dr. Jack Cottrell summarizes the view this way:

Since this view is a form of premillennialism, it agrees with the previous view that Christ’s second coming will precede the millennium. But what distinguishes it from the previous view? One of the main differences is that this view has a unique approach to the history of God’s dealings with the world in general, an approach that determines its view of the end time. According to dispensationalism world history is divided into at least five and perhaps as many as seven distinct stages or periods (“dispensations”). For our purposes the three main dispensations are the past Mosaic era, the present church age, and the future millennial kingdom. The key to understanding how these are related is to maintain an absolute distinction between Israel and the church. Underlying the entire historical schematic is the literalist approach to biblical interpretation and especially to prophecy, especially as it applies to Israel. As Ryrie says, “Dispensational theology grows out of a consistent use of the hermeneutical principle of normal, plain, or literal interpretation” (“Dispensation,” 322).

In the dispensational scheme all the OT prophecies about the kingdom of God were intended to be fulfilled in an earthly kingdom to be established by the Messiah for physical Israel. That was actually the purpose for which Christ came the first time. But when the Jews rejected Jesus as their Messiah, God simply postponed the kingdom until Christ could return to earth in his second coming. Only then would all the OT prophecies about the Jews and their kingdom be fulfilled. In the interim, as a kind of substitute for the kingdom, Jesus established the church. This present church age has no real continuity with either the OT period or with the millennial kingdom yet to come. It has been called a parenthesis in God’s real purpose, which has to do with the Jews. It is like the halftime events that separate the two halves of a single football game.

When God is ready to restart his postponed program for the Jews, he will begin the countdown for the second coming of Jesus in a very dramatic way. This could happen at literally any moment, since there are no special conditions that must precede it. What is this dramatic, any-moment event? It is the secret rapture of all Christians out of the earth. This coincides with Christ’s first second coming (second coming #1), which itself will be secret and invisible from the standpoint of earth’s normal activities. This event is called the parousia, the coming or presence of Christ. All at once, in some unexpected moment, all living Christians will suddenly disappear (evaporate, in a sense) from this world and will instantly receive their glorified bodies. They will then join all previously dead Christians, who have just been raised from the dead in their new bodies in what is called the first resurrection; then all will be taken up together to meet their Savior, who has returned for them to take them up to heaven. All Christians, now glorified, will then stand before the judgment seat of Christ (2 Cor 5:10) for the assignment of their rewards. Then as the bride of Christ they will join their Bridegroom for a seven-year wedding feast (Rev 19:7–9), which takes place in heaven.

What is the purpose of this secret rapture? Why does God suddenly remove all Christians from this world? There are two reasons. First, God has no more use for the church upon the earth. It has served its purpose; the halftime events are over. God is now ready to resume the real game, where the main players are the Jews (physical Israel). Second, the next seven years of earth’s history are about to be filled with some of the greatest suffering the world has ever witnessed, most of it the result of Satan’s attacks on the people of God. In an act of untold mercy God removes the church from the world just so it will not have to go through the “great tribulation.” Thus this view is called pretribulational premillennialism.

Jack Cottrell, The Faith Once for All: Bible Doctrine for Today (Joplin, MO: College Press Pub., 2002), 484–485.

In sum, dispensationalism clearly states that there is the Church dispensation ends at the rapture/part 1 of the Second Coming which is followed by a 7 year Great Tribulation and reign of the Antichrist which is ended at Armageddon and Christ coming with the saints (part 2 of Second coming), followed by a 1,000 year reign of Christ after which Satan is released and destroyed, the wicked raised and the Great White Throne judgement.

I have no idea if you agree with the above or not. However, that is what dispensationalists believe and is the view that I have been questioning. Since you were defending the view, I assumed you believed it. I dont know how I can be expected to know anything different.

Marilyn C

Mar 16, 2016
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
blessedhope said:
And
Among those who are truly born again, there are many views of how things will play out, prophetically speaking. At the same time, there are also many who don't know and many who don't care about prophecy--what God has foretold about their future. They are too busy living out their increments of life one heartbeat and breath at a time.
Sadly, the latter by far constitute the majority. That is, most don't know about Bible prophecy, and most don't care. They are aided and abetted in their willful ignorance by the pastors and Bible teachers within their church bodies in this disregard for the prophetic portion of God's Word. That prophetic Word is almost one-third of the Scripture the Lord has given us through His Love Letter to mankind.
Even more specifically, I want to concentrate for the moment on the doctrine of the Rapture of the Church--that twinkling of an eye moment Paul wrote about as recorded in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 and 1 Corinthians 15:52-55.
Of those who have truly been born again, there are few in number who know about the Rapture in concrete terms or who grasp that there will come that moment of being called into Heaven by their Lord. In America, even those who do understand that the Rapture is an event prophetically scheduled according to the Bible resist embracing the promise intrinsic within the doctrine of that imminent call from Christ. That is, rather than desire to hear Christ's call, "Come up here," (Revelation 4: 1) these want to first live life on earth and fulfill all of the anticipated pleasures it offers
Hi blessedhope,

I also believe in the `catching away` pre-trib, however I do believe that scripture tells us that the Body of Christ must come (by the Holy Spirit) to the `Unity of faith.` As we are still in the `tossed to & fro` stage then obviously the Lord`s coming for us is still a ways off.

`...till we all come to the unity of the faith & the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the statue of the fullness of Christ; that we should no longer be children tossed to & fro & carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness by which they lie in wait to deceive, but speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the Head - Christ....` (Eph. 4: 13 - 15)

Marilyn.

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
And That's Unbiblical> `...till we all come to the unity of the faith. Jesus said He never came to unite! AndJesus Himself said He would be divisive, and that is the first thing we need to think about. In Matthew 10:34ff He said to his apostles that He did not come to bring peace on the earth, but to bring a sword. In fact, Jesus emphasized this truth by quoting the words of the prophet Micah saying that He and His message would ultimately divide families to the point that some family members would become enemies.
This flies in the face of what so many superstar pastors and evangelists are saying to their congregations. They plead for unity and for cooperation and for tolerance and for love among the denominations. Not only that, but they want the church to accept as fellow believers those whose beliefs and lifestyles demonstrate a total disregard for what God has said about faith in Christ Jesus, righteousness, self-control and the judgment to come (Acts 24:24,25).
Matthew 10:34 is also entirely at odds with what many of those same pastors and evangelists are saying about extending unity to those among the pagan religions. Many high-profile religious leaders, including but not limited to the pope, are saying we are all children of God and that we must come together in sincerity and unity to make the world a better place. The Vatican has been saying for years that “separated brethren” should come “home” to the Catholic Church.
Folks, Jesus did not come to unite religions and make the world a better place. This world is a putrefying mass of rebellion, and this plea for religious unity is part of that problem. At His 1st Coming Jesus died for the sins of the world. At His Second Coming He will make the world a better place. Until then, apostate Christianity will continue to grow.
So, is Jesus divisive? Yes, He is. It is not the on-going global unity effort that is divisive, for that effort is inclusive of everything from New Age to eastern mysticism to even monotheistic religions like Judaism, Islam and what is essentially apostate Christianity.
Religious unity will largely be achieved during the tribulation, but it will not be centered on Jesus Christ. It will be centered on Antichrist (Revelation 13). In fact, those who refuse to worship Antichrist and to take his mark during those dark days will die for their refusal (Revelation 7).
The world is very much ready for this harlot church. You see, people want a feel-good unity that has nothing to do with the biblical Jesus. They want one based upon human inspiration, collaboration and some kind of a warped concept of justice. If somebody were given TV access to all the world, and he tried to unify the religious world around the biblical truth of Jesus Christ; he would be driven from the world stage and labeled a dangerous extremist and divider of people.

Marilyn C

Mar 16, 2016
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi blessedhope,

I agree that man will try to bring religious unity & that will be the false church. However I was referring to Jesus` words by the Holy Spirit through the Apostle Paul to the Ephesians, concerning the `Unity of Faith.` This is not an out ward coming together but all the truths given by the Holy Spirit to build up the Body of Christ.

Marilyn.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder what it will take to convince the Church that the time of Christ's return is near. We aren't to be looking for signs yet they appear all around us. Of course, I suppose that if the signs don't fit your theology, its all right to simply disregard them.
If it rained for 7 days upon the Negev, people would just call it climate change. Perhaps we'll get to see it.

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
Jesus said something very intro about the lost of this world and about salvation and the true way of reading and understanding bible prophecy!

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
And
"Then he said, 'I beg you therefore, father, that you would send him to my father's house, for I have five brothers, that he may testify to them, lest they also come to this place of torment.'
"Abraham said to him, 'They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.'
"And he said, 'No, father Abraham; but if one goes to them from the dead, they will repent.'
"But he said to him, 'If they do not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded though one rise from the dead'" (Luke 16:19-31).
The Lost are the lost and then they will tell you your lost and no understanding.

Wormwood

Chaps
Apr 9, 2013
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
blessedhope,

Are you implying that those who disagree with you are lost? That passage has to do with Jesus speaking against the Pharisee's love of money. I dont understand what you are trying to say there.

Marilyn C

Mar 16, 2016
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Michael V Pardo said:
I wonder what it will take to convince the Church that the time of Christ's return is near. We aren't to be looking for signs yet they appear all around us. Of course, I suppose that if the signs don't fit your theology, its all right to simply disregard them.
If it rained for 7 days upon the Negev, people would just call it climate change. Perhaps we'll get to see it.
Hi Michael V Pardo,

I personally think that the true believers are watchful in their spirits for the Lord to come.

Marilyn.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Marilyn C said:
Hi Michael V Pardo,

I personally think that the true believers are watchful in their spirits for the Lord to come.

Marilyn.
You may be right, but I think that such watchfulness is largely dependent upon biblical literacy or there wouldn't be imperatives in scripture to do just that.

Marilyn C

Mar 16, 2016
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Michael V Pardo said:
You may be right, but I think that such watchfulness is largely dependent upon biblical literacy or there wouldn't be imperatives in scripture to do just that.
Hi Michael,

Yes I do agree that watchfulness & discerning God`s word correctly go hand in hand. Just as well the Lord has sent His Holy Spirit to lead us into all truth.

Marilyn.

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, Marilyn.

Marilyn C said:
Hi blessedhope,

I agree that man will try to bring religious unity & that will be the false church. However I was referring to Jesus` words by the Holy Spirit through the Apostle Paul to the Ephesians, concerning the `Unity of Faith.` This is not an out ward coming together but all the truths given by the Holy Spirit to build up the Body of Christ.

Marilyn.
Don't sweat it about blessedhope. He calls EVERYTHING with which he doesn't agree "unbiblical." Water off a duck's back.

Marilyn C

Mar 16, 2016
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Retrobyter said:
Shalom, Marilyn.

Don't sweat it about blessedhope. He calls EVERYTHING with which he doesn't agree "unbiblical." Water off a duck's back.
Hi Retro,

Thank you. Takes a wee while to get to know people & where they are coming from. Though knowing me I`m sure to tread on a few toes. :unsure: But as I love to say, the Holy Spirit is leading us all into His truth. And this section, Eschatology, is the biggie, ay.

Marilyn.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Marilyn C said:
Hi Retro,

Thank you. Takes a wee while to get to know people & where they are coming from. Though knowing me I`m sure to tread on a few toes. :unsure: But as I love to say, the Holy Spirit is leading us all into His truth. And this section, Eschatology, is the biggie, ay.

Marilyn.
I can totally confirm Retro's assessment. Have had blessed on ignore since he/she first got here..

blessedhope

Aug 9, 2015
And Jesus said: These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. (John 16:33)
The Lord promised the believer who is alive at the time this end-times storm threatens:
Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth. (Revelation 3:10)
It is altogether fitting and appropriate to echo the words of John the revelator: "Even so, come Lord Jesus" (Rev. 22:20b).