Imputation is based on the Old Testament

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My friend, if anyone here is preaching a false gospel and herey it is you

it is nonsense to claim God imputed Abraham's own righteousness to himself. This is proven in romans 4. where Paul said if abraham was found by works (his own righteousness) he would have something to boast about..

You need to stop boasting in the wortkd of men, and learn to recieve the work of god

You neither understand the words of Paul nor the gospel. Post the exact verse that you are misunderstanding. (without adding in your interpretation)

The work of God is to allow men to walk as Jesus walked...as they are truly covered by God's righteousness. There is no sin in Christ. But even when men walk in Christ's perfection no one would say that they are as righteous as God. Being in Christ we take on His perfection, His life, His love, His righteousness.

Being covered by Christ means we behave exactly as He did...without spot or wrinkle of sin. This holy standard is what the gospel is about. What is preached instead of the truth is a false religious scheme that combines sin and holiness...which is impossible.

Those who think they have God's righteousness imputed to them will be condemned by Paul. As he says...

Gal. 2:17 “But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.”

How many today minister sin and call it God's righteousness? A staggering number.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The work of God is to allow men to walk as Jesus walked...as they are truly covered by God's righteousness. There is no sin in Christ. But even when men walk in Christ's perfection no one would say that they are as righteous as God. Being in Christ we take on His perfection, His life, His love, His righteousness.
Oh, this is very good.
While having mind renewed and while being purified (like Esther's time of purification is a picture of) we are covered (like the blood on the door posts was a picture of Jesus’ blood) to mark and save us from destruction as we run the race and hope to be admitted into the Kings Presence, the place of His holiness.

His blood, the covering, the forgiveness, it brings cleansing of the conscience and removal of the tyranny of a constant fear of death and a knowledge that we are accepted even though not yet perfect.

There are many places in the OT that speak of this covering - the blood on doorposts, the cloak that covered Ruth when she lay down at the kings feet…

Ah…it’s sometimes like seeing with…pictures rather than words. Which is sort of like how every letter in Hebrew is also having a meaning or picture. It’s so vast it cannot be seen all at once! It’s beauty causes weeping. His mercy and care is exquisitely beautiful…

Last edited:
Reactions: Azim and Episkopos

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s like the story of the Beauty and the ghastly beast who was changed and transformed by Beautys’ love.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen,

We as sinners have to get out of our own way and admit who we are. and how we deserve judgment. Until then, we will still believe we have something to offer for salvation. when there is nothing we can do..
Amen! Until we get to the end of the creature we will not get to the beginning of the Creator.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You neither understand the words of Paul nor the gospel. Post the exact verse that you are misunderstanding. (without adding in your interpretation)

Being covered by Christ means we behave exactly as He did...without spot or wrinkle of sin. This holy standard is what the gospel is about. What is preached instead of the truth is a false religious scheme that combines sin and holiness...which is impossible.

Those who think they have God's righteousness imputed to them will be condemned by Paul. As he says...

Gal. 2:17 “But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.”

How many today minister sin and call it God's righteousness? A staggering number.
You are the one who does not understand

We are JUSTIFED (declared righteous or innocent of sin) through this imputed righteousness.

Because we are born again, we are given Gods spirit. It is this spirit who helps us mature in christ. he chastens us when we sin, He correctsd us when wee get off the path. He leads us into the paths of righteousness.

But your righteousness will never be good enough to earn your salvation. You are lost if you only rely on how good you are. Because your righteousness is as bloody rags

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oh, this is very good.
While having mind renewed and while being purified (like Esther's time of purification is a picture of) we are covered (like the blood on the door posts was a picture of Jesus’ blood) to mark and save us from destruction as we run the race and hope to be admitted into the Kings Presence, the place of His holiness.

His blood, the covering, the forgiveness, it brings cleansing of the conscience and removal of the tyranny of a constant fear of death and a knowledge that we are accepted even though not yet perfect.

There are many places in the OT that speak of this covering - the blood on doorposts, the cloak that covered Ruth when she lay down at the kings feet…

Ah…it’s sometimes like seeing with…pictures rather than words. Which is sort of like how every letter in Hebrew is also having a meaning or picture. It’s so vast it cannot be seen all at once! It’s beauty causes weeping. His mercy and care is exquisitely beautiful…
Yes, the covering blood is the LIFE...the resurrection life of Christ. being justified IN Christ means we have entered into His life...His perfection. This walk is too deep to understand among religiously indoctrinated people who are looking to save themselves. What did Jesus say about the rich? How hard it is for us to enter into the kingdom walk.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being covered by Christ means we behave exactly as He did...without spot or wrinkle of sin.
Oh…no…I don’t see this part…I see that we are covered if we are humble and contrite (meek).
I think we are covered before we walk in His holiness. After all, even you have said (and some old saints) that we can be called and faithful even if God doesn’t take us into His holiness. There are guests at the wedding feast too, right.

Ah, it’s with great difficulty that what you’ve taught is navigated without crashing - not taking the righteousness of the righteous from them and also not taking away holiness…

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You are the one who does not understand

We are JUSTIFED (declared righteous or innocent of sin) through this imputed righteousness.

Because we are born again, we are given Gods spirit. It is this spirit who helps us mature in christ. he chastens us when we sin, He correctsd us when wee get off the path. He leads us into the paths of righteousness.

But your righteousness will never be good enough to earn your salvation. You are lost if you only rely on how good you are. Because your righteousness is as bloody rags
I think it is a BOT that is posting this. No cogent (thinking) response ..just spewing non-related indoctrination. Back to ignore. You gotta like that function...keeps out the bots.

Reactions: faithfulness

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s like that verse about…you have made sad those I did not want to be sad…
its not exactly easy to keep that balance.

Reactions: Episkopos

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oh…no…I don’t see this part…I see that we are covered if we are humble and contrite (meek).
I think we are covered before we walk in His holiness. After all, even you have said (and some old saints) that we can be called and faithful even if God doesn’t take us into His holiness. There are guests at the wedding feast too, right.

Ah, it’s with great difficulty that what you’ve taught is navigated - not taking the righteousness of the righteous from them and also not taking away holiness…
Covering is both corporate and individual. I was speaking as being individuals. The (I think its a bot) poster was speaking about personal salvation. There is no understanding of either righteousness or holiness....just a religious scheme concocted by twisting the meaning of Paul's writings.

Reactions: faithfulness

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So much confusion. If we remain humble and teachable we remain under the CORPORATE covering of Christ. If we lie and resist the truth (as so many do nowadays) then Jesus will spit us out. No matter how many times the religious posers are warned, they will never listen.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s a bit like the few times I’ve been forced to hold a baby in my life, lol. So shaky and scared that I will hurt it or drop it or damage it’s neck! Screaming in my head, don’t you dare hurt this baby don’t you dare oh please someone else take it before I hurt it somehow.
Thats what it’s like trying to keep righteousness and holy distinct from each other while not doing damage to either.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So much confusion. If we remain humble and teachable we remain under the CORPORATE covering of Christ. If we lie and resist the truth (as so many do nowadays) then Jesus will spit us out. No matter how many times the religious posers are warned, they will never listen.
It’s not easy to grasp, Epi. It helps to hear it described in different ways. And before He calms our flesh, our fears and disturbances are crippling to our firm grasping of it. It sounds right and good and then it sounds like the righteous are having their hope torn from them and then it sounds good again. Babies startle easily.
Maybe it’s different for you, given your experience. Maybe you fully grasped it quicker than others can.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It’s like that verse about…you have made sad those I did not want to be sad…
its not exactly easy to keep that balance.
That's why we are to receive the implanted word with meekness. :) The problem arises when the rich and presumptuous get a hold on the Bible to twist its meaning to include themselves. But the Bible is clear enough on the subject of the proper attitude in dealing with the things of God.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It’s not easy to grasp, Epi. It helps to hear it described in different ways. And before He calms our flesh, our fears and disturbances are crippling to our firm grasping of it. It sounds right and good and then it sounds like the righteous are having their hope torn from them and then it sounds good again. Babies startle easily.
Maybe it’s different for you, given your experience. Maybe you fully grasped it quicker than others can.
The Bible has both promises and warnings. The trick is to assign each to its proper place. The fear of the Lord for the outer man, and the comfort of the Spirit to the inner man.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible has both promises and warnings. The trick is to assign each to its proper place. The fear of the Lord for the outer man, and the comfort of the Spirit to the inner man.
Yes. But also, small children don’t fear their father at first. Not at all. Until the first time he spanks them. He doesn’t spank them for…at least two years, unless he wants a bunch of mama bears to disembowel him! They don’t live in fear at first. They have NO fear until they’re old enough to bear correction.

edit: if I seem like I’m being argumentative, keep in mind what I said earlier. I’m blocking and not seeing some of what you are. I’m done with arguments that give attention to bad behavior. I’m only reading what is useful and good.

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your not humble. You proved that when you could not answer me and called me a bot.

Practice what you preach my friend.