Imputation is based on the Old Testament

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Indoctrination, poor ideas, whatever labels you want to put on things, I think pride and envy are at the heart of them. If we are in error and are humble the Holy Spirit will be leading us to truth.

Much love!
Away from self-interest? Does an ego driven personality realize they are walking in the power of the flesh?

Reactions: faithfulness

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
More FALSE TEACHING from Episkopos. Read Romans chapter 4 to confirm.

A misunderstanding of Paul doesn't (or shouldn't) negate the rest of the Bible.

2 Peter 3:16: As also in all his (Paul's) epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
faux offense
This is your gaslighting. You've done this before also. I point to poor behavior in the hope that it will be recognized and modified. You deflect to my supposed "offense", as if I'm all hurt, and that's what this is about.

No go.

Like I said, if you decide to change, your words will reflect that.

Much love!

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Away from self-interest? Does an ego driven personality realize they are walking in the power of the flesh?
That's a question to ask ourselves! Given our propensity to be self-deceptive, I recommend things like measuring ourselves against the fruit of the Spirit, and the meaning of Love, things like that.

And not just that we carefully frame some external system of behavior so it "looks like" we are loving others, but that we truly have the other person's well-being at heart.

I don't think I can over emphasize that. A "code of conduct" is good, don't get me wrong. But real love in the heart for others, that's what we need to have.

It brings about a much different way of responding to people.

Much love!

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "bullying" effect of the truth is that light exposes darkness. Agents of darkness will respond in horror to any expression of the truth. Is it any wonder that the demons thought Jesus had come to torment them?
Right, compare yourself to Jesus talking to demons, It's just you and me. I'm an agent of darkness? Sure thing. You are true to form.

"Responding in horror", well, actually I'll just point to my previous posts. No, someone is disagreeing with you, and it looks like you are just trying to run them off the thread as I've seen many times previously.

Much love!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to show you humility so that you can prove you have been indoctrinated properly?
No, you have to show the ROOM humility before you start tewlling everyone else to be humble.

see how you twist everything around?? you can not even pay attention to what the discussion and my origional comment was about
The humility is that I even try to correspond to someone who displays such dishonesty. Unless you actually engage the thread at hand I will have to put you on ignore. I think honesty is what is required here...let humility be in subjection to the truth...not just a display of the flesh.
lol.. You can;t even stick to the topic of what I posted.. now you want to ignore me because i call you out.

feel free.. You just expose yourself yet again.

Reactions: Keturah

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The seat of all indoctrination is the ego. When an indoctrination is challenged, so is the ego. As such. it becomes impossible for the once-indoctrinated person to be set free...since the truth is seen as a threat. A personal threat.

Those who have fooled modern believers are wise indeed...but wise to evil.
before you judge others. you need to look inside, and judge your own ego..

Yours is quite large.. everyone who does not agree with you is indoctrinated.. whether they or you are right or wrong.

it does not get any more self centered and in the flesh than that

Reactions: Keturah

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right, compare yourself to Jesus talking to demons, It's just you and me. I'm an agent of darkness? Sure thing. You are true to form.

"Responding in horror", well, actually I'll just point to my previous posts. No, someone is disagreeing with you, and it looks like you are just trying to run them off the thread as I've seen many times previously.

Much love!
God forbid there be a disagreement..

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The seat of all indoctrination is the ego. When an indoctrination is challenged, so is the ego. As such, it becomes impossible for the once-indoctrinated person to be set free...since the truth is seen as a threat. A personal threat.
Those who have fooled modern believers are wise indeed...but wise to evil.

The "bullying" effect of the truth is that light exposes darkness. Agents of darkness will respond in horror to any expression of the truth. Is it any wonder that the demons thought Jesus had come to torment them?
I have noticed, since the day I showed up on these boards, that whatever you accuse others of, can be found in you. Jesus said, "you will know them by their fruit." There is but little time for you to go out and buy yourself some Oil. And that Oil will cost all that you have become.

• Love
Reactions: Johann and Keturah

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is your gaslighting. You've done this before also. I point to poor behavior in the hope that it will be recognized and modified. You deflect to my supposed "offense", as if I'm all hurt, and that's what this is about.

No go.

Like I said, if you decide to change, your words will reflect that.

Much love!
Not hurt, but offended in the flesh. You defend the interests of ego...regardless of their position. That is your ultimate concern...because it reflects back on your ego.
You believe that God saves the flesh along with the soul. And I have stated that the biblical position is to separate the flesh from the soul...the ego is meant for the cross. But you defend the ego as if Paul was saying 'It is ever I, AND Christ in me"...instead of "It is no longer I, BUT Christ in me."

You want it both ways...to preserve the best of the flesh and also belong to God. But you are headed for a great disappointment.

Reactions: faithfulness

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have noticed, since the day I showed up on these boards, that whatever you accuse others of, can be found in you. Jesus said, "you will know them by their fruit." There is but little time for you to go out and buy yourself some Oil. And that Oil will cost all that you have become.
That is indeed the cost of the oil...all we have and are in this world. But the easy thing is to impute to oneself all that is good, and to others all that is evil. What is your stand on imputation? Do you only impute good to yourself?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm open to discussing the subject of this thread as opposed to attacking the messenger! ;) Truth brings out the flesh...where it should bring out the desire to be pleasing to God.

All who post from a continuing self-interest I will place on ignore.

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is indeed the cost of the oil...all we have and are in this world. But the easy thing is to impute to oneself all that is good, and to others all that is evil. What is your stand on imputation? Do you only impute good to yourself?
What did Jesus say?

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm open to discussing the subject of this thread as opposed to attacking the messenger! ;) Truth brings out the flesh...where it should bring out the desire to be pleasing to God.

And would you put The Lord on ignore for He does not ignore you.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Epi, I’m very sorry for what happened to your thread. If I thought I could help anyone (and especially you, brother) in any way, I would participate, but I can’t give attention to selfseeking, egoic behavior because it would be feeding the flame that consumes them rather than helping. It would be playing into the trap set, and on purpose no less, now that I have seen the trap and the sly tactic. I’m sure God will show you what I’m talking about. It’s not good to play into the trap of virtue signaling because it is giving them what they crave. In addition, it’s wasting valuable time. You are too important to the body to waste your time this way. Instead of pleasing them and giving them what they want, you should help their victims wherever you can and just have nothing to do with them.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

We tried to discuss. But since we do not agree with you,. we were attacked..But that is normally what happens in your threads

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Looking over the thread again...This is a real beauty ;)

It does not say God recognized righteousness in Abraham

It says because Abraham believed, God imputed to abraham his righteousness.

Abrahams righteousness is as filthy rags.. all people. ot or nt. can not be saved unless they are imputed gods righteousness.. if left to our own righteousness. we are lost.; because all have sinned and fall short.

Sounds like a plot for a "B" movie.

What many believers now need is a dictionary...and also a course on how to read the bible.

To impute means to attribute.

Can screeching tire sounds be attributed to a flower? No. We would attribute (impute) that sound to a car. Can we impute God's righteousness to men? Never. Nobody is as righteous as God. Instead we have our own kind of strength and our own kind of righteousness. The human kind.

In the NT we read that Zacharias and Elizabeth were both righteous, same for Cornelius the Centurion (before his encounter with God). Also we read of Lot being righteous.

Were these as righteous as God? Of course not. God's righteousness is far greater than that of men.

Do people have righteousness? Some do. What kind of righteousness? A lesser righteousness than God's. His ways are far above our own.

Jesus said we can do NOTHING without Him. Does that mean that without Christ we can't do normal human things? Of course not. We can do nothing on the eternal scale without Christ.

We can only be imputed with a human righteousness. Since we are human. We are not God...or His equivalent.

However, we can be COVERED by God's righteousness (His not ours) when we enter into Christ.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree that the doctrine stinks to high heaven.

It…does an end run around the necessity of continuing in trust. It takes the one thing necessary and dispenses with it. It’s gross theft and God will cancel that deal to cheat death.

Last edited:
Reactions: Episkopos

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm not sure and am mentioning it just in case, but is it possible that different people here have different understandings of what imputed means? If so, it might be helpful to define what that word means.