In Christ Revolution

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God never require a sinner to confess their sin in order to be saved. no, he require sinners to confess his son Jesus. I hope you didn't confess your sins and think you was saved.

PCY

Yes agree....as I read your post I thought- Now that would make a good thread. I wonder how many people believe it the other way around!

OR , just maybe God isn't "into" formula's. He breaks all boxes. :)

How on earth did this get doubled up! Back across the page half of it posted..then here I see the full post. o_O Maybe the software has a mind of it own today. Maybe the software is planning to take over the forum for itself!! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: pia and 101G

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No, God's. he never require a sinner to confess their sin in order to be saved. no, he require sinners to confess his son Jesus. I hope you didn't confess your sins and think you was saved.

PCY
Seems to go hand in hand with understanding repentance...It was never meant to be some state of us groveling every time we 'sin'...Sin still exists, but it has lost it's power to separate us from God, we shall no longer die ( at least our spirits)...

Reactions: Helen and 101G

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that would be a profession, as the original indicates, i think. bam pro/confess what you feel led to

confess your sins, one to another
confess your FAULTS one to another, not sins

and as for profession, being a sinner you don't know him fully yet, only call on him, "HIS NAME" for salvation. once you learn or know him, then on can profess him.

and as for the thief on the cross he repented of his sins, and acknowledgement called on, Jesus, (1 John 5:5). what do I mean? the thief called on the Name of Jesus, who was sinless. Luke 23:39-43 "And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us. 40 "But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation? 41 "And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss. (he just declared Jesus as the Son of God, "SINLESS", he is the only one without sin) 42 "And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. (HE called on the name JESUS... by saying, "Lord") 43 "And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise". the thief called on the Name of the LORD, as Joel the prophet by God say one should, (see Joel 2:31).and as for his water baptism, which symbolize death for the LIVING. he didn't need it, for before sundown he want be among the LIVING. water Baptism is you who are are still Living NATURALLY, and still dwelling in the sin nature. hence the saying, "TODAY", Just before sundown, because after sundown a NEW day starts. ain't God good, saving till sundown.

and for all those other little post you made. My advice is for you to study, by reading with the Holy Father, the Spirit of LIFE, better know to you, the Holy Spirit. comparing spiritual things with the Spiritual.

Good day

Reactions: pia

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
confess your FAULTS one to another, not sins
James 5:16 Lexicon: Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.
Strong's Greek: 266. ἁμαρτία (hamartia) -- a sin, failure

but c'mon G, a little kid could explain it to you, i shouldn't need to
brb on the rest
and as for profession, being a sinner you don't know him fully yet, only call on him, "HIS NAME" for salvation. once you learn or know him, then on can profess him.
i know what Nehushtan worship is, but ty anyway ok, i doubt that you are meaning to be putting ppl on a path to psychopathy, don't get me wrong, but i am not even interested in debating Catholic doctrine on a Christian site ok
and as for the thief on the cross he repented of his sins, and acknowledgement called on, Jesus, (1 John 5:5). what do I mean?
rebound is not confession anyway, the thief certainly did not rebound bc he could not, so all we might contemplate is whether his confession was valid or not i guess. gotta run, have a nice day

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Oh I'm sorry to hear this of you. Hope is in Christ Jesus.... :)
you wanna condemn me personally for advocating confessing our sins to each other, meaning to the person you sinned against, then go ahead lol, hope it made you feel better for a minute. No hypocrisy at all in invoking Jesus in the next sentence, almost surely probably

Last edited: