In Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll leave you with James 3:17
Amen!

"But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, easy to be entreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without variance, without hypocrisy."

Let us all be the same in both what we teach and in how we act.

Much love!

Reactions: Helen

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
new believers need sound instruction in the things of God. We can say alot of things but it will ultimately be the HolySpirit that teaches them.
Hi soul man,

That's the thing, to me. Are we in fact teachable? Are we truly humble? Not some false show of humility, where we secretly believe we are just the same better than others. But truly believing in our own personal weakness and baseness?

Some seem to be able to receive from the words of others, some do not, but I think that reflects how the Holy Spirit is speaking to them. I don't think anyone will receive instruction from another if they are not first yielded to the Holy Spirit.

If they are, then God will teach, through all His ways.

Much love!

Reactions: Helen and friend of

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, here's an example of not being fully surrendered in trust.

Things don't go as I planned. Say...I get a flat tire on my way to something important or...I unexpectedly lose my job for some reason.

It is my reaction that shows if I am fully surrendered in trust or not. If there is anger, impatience or worry, I show my lack of surrender in trust.

Take the job example. If I was surrendered in complete trust, there would be no worry, just a calm asking for what I need. This would be because I trust and believe what He has said about my provision.

And take the flat tire. He has said a man makes his plans but it is God who guides/orders his steps. But do I believe that? Am I fully surrendered in trust on it? Think about Joseph and his brothers. Joseph experienced a massive "flat tire." Wound up in a ditch. Nothing gone as he had planned. A years long, flat tire. A long time later, he saw why and knew why. But at the reveal was not his testing. His testing of trust was in the years leading up to the reveal. And how many of us would not be trying to get back home and kicking against God placing us there? How many of us would be screaming its not fair, rather than saying, God has placed me here and its hard, but I will wait to see what He means by all of this unfair treatment of me at my brothers hands and what He will do?

So...we like to say we are fully surrendered in trust, we like to sing songs about being fully surrendered in trust, but our reactions often show that we are lying to ourselves.

We can see ourselves in the exodus. God saved them from Pharoah. They trusted Him and stepped out under the water. He saved us also. Then we enter the wilderness, where we are tested to see if we will remain in that trust. This is to abide or to not abide.

Awesome. It all bottoms out with FAITH and surrender. I used to be such a worry wart, like my parents before me. He has brought me so far from whence I came! Answers to prayers that would be impossible for me...He has made the way straight and has answered in so many ways that I would never have believed before. To me, if we have no control of things that come our way (tribulations and testings) worrying, fretting about it does no good as it shows lack of true faith. He has gotten me to the place where I DO trust Him no matter what is happening. "He makes all things good to those who love Him..." FAITH!!!!! Cannot please Him without it ❤

faithfulness

Aug 13, 2018
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll leave you with James 3:17
Rejoice in union with the Lord always! I will say it again: rejoice!
Let everyone see how reasonable and gentle you are. The Lord is near!
Don’t worry about anything; on the contrary, make your requests known to God by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving. Then God’s shalom, passing all understanding, will keep your hearts and minds safe in union with the Messiah Yeshua.
In conclusion, brothers, focus your thoughts on what is true, noble, righteous, pure, lovable or admirable, on some virtue or on something praiseworthy.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You disagree with him on nearly everything. You follow him around trying to pick a fight every day. So what is the treatment you receive for disagreeing? Are you getting "the treatment?" No. He has shaken his feet. He doesn't even respond to you. He leaves you completely alone. So you try to find fault with everything he says and try to align men with you against him.
Let's be real about this.

I don't actually disagree with him on everything, and I've stated a number of times things I've agreed with, and have given likes to his posts.

"Following around trying to pick a fight" describes your projection, and not my motives.

My motives are to make his doctrine clearly known, and if possible to engage him in an actually Scripture based dialog. But since I persist in my questions, and again, won't be provoked, well, the thing is, I ask the questions that have no answer when you teach what he does. So, he does not respond.

"The treatment" I refer to is vilification instead of actual answers. And many other assorted provocations. There are actually many ways to not answer for one's self.

Since I didn't rise to his bait he's put me on ignore. Yet I hope sometime he will look, and reply, and we can dialog. But again, I understand his refusal.

I've watched him do it to others. I remember one exchange where this one needled and needled and needled until the other person said the wrong thing, and then "AHA! There's the Real You!" A victory scored by a man who needled a person into misspeaking. Great going! Very impressive!

These things are often overlooked by people who regard other's persons, just the same, out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

All these things show the heart. But who cares?

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, you don't rise to his bait? For a few months now you are the one doing the baiting and He is the one not rising to it. You are persistent though. You've tried every way you can to bait and engage him. And since it hasn't got you what you want, you try to convince other men that he is abusing them by appealing to their pride. I've seen your tactic work on one woman in here, but I've yet to see it work on the men you try it on. It certainly hasn't worked on soulman.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, you don't rise to his bait?

Yes, that is correct. I call attention to such behavior, not engage in it.

For a few months now you are the one doing the baiting and He is the one not rising to it. You are persistent though. You've tried every way you can to bait and engage him. And since it hasn't got you what you want, you try to convince other men that he is abusing them by appealing to their pride. I've seen your tactic work on one woman in here, but I've yet to see it work on the men you try it on. It certainly hasn't worked on soulman.

Your accusation is without foundation. Where have I used insults? Innuendo?

I'm not trying to enlist anyone. I point to things that aren't right. Obviously there are those that have a problem with that.

There's no tactic. Just straightforward communication.

Convince others they are being abused? No. That is for them to decide. But calling someone on their nonesense? Yes, I'll do that.

Much love!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's fine. It's not like it was a conversation or discussion. Accusations without substantiation. And I wasn't really addressing you to begin with.

Yes, well Epi certainly isn't addressing you, but that doesn't stop you from addressing him, so not sure what your point is about not addressing me. If you can keep addressing a man who has refused to respond to you for months, I suppose I can address you.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyway, let the man answer for himself.

It's quite apparent by now that he's not going to answer you, so why do you say, let the man answer for himself? He's nonresponsive like a sheep before a sheerer with you and yet you say, let the man answer for himself?