In Creation, you love Jesus; in Evolution, what do you love? (evolve 'love'? thoughts?)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
He only pled guilty after the church took his children into custody and threatened them.

The pagan's had figured out that the earth was not only round but revolved around the sun centuries before.
Eratosthenes calculated the Earth's circumference and axil tilt two thousand two hundred years ago. He was off only by about 12 miles.
Yes to both, but he pleaded and was convicted and was not punished when one looks at how Tyndale and others accused of heresy were punished.

That pagan science had a bases in fact in some areas is not in question.
The fact remains that there View of who orbits what and how life was created are both wrong.

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The fact remains that there View of who orbits what and how life was created are both wrong.

Having trouble with you are saying. Are you saying that you agree that the sun and everything in rhe night sky revolves around the Earth? If not, what are you saying?

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Having trouble with you are saying. Are you saying that you agree that the sun and everything in rhe night sky revolves around the Earth? If not, what are you saying?
That's just a matter of perspective: imagine standing on the Sun, then you would see that the Earth revolved around you - but if you stand on the Earth, then it is the Sun that revolves around you on Earth!

Last edited:

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I was referring to the late medieval roman Catholic churches pagan view of astronomy and the todays universities pagan view of evolution.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Can you evolve "love", that is the question?
Which meaning of evolution do you mean?
Evolve = to be different from the parent.
Evolve= to be different as in breading dogs and get a colour change.

If you mean to be different then no Love does not change.
If you mean a slight change, then how we love will change.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Which meaning of evolution do you mean?
Evolve = to be different from the parent.
Evolve= to be different as in breading dogs and get a colour change.

If you mean to be different then no Love does not change.
If you mean a slight change, then how we love will change.
Yes, that's basically what I am saying: there is a choice, of how we love.

Not loving, until you have reached some unknown standard is not love. We should be loving even before we see, the change come about.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, that's basically what I am saying: there is a choice, of how we love.

Not loving, until you have reached some unknown standard is not love. We should be loving even before we see, the change come about.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
I was responding to your idea that love can evolve.
Evolution as an idea that something can change as in goo to you via the zoo is nonsense, it has not happened, but evolution as in change within a species can happen.

So our love can change as we learn about life, experience it and love others.

But that love will never change, evolve, into something else.

May I suggest that you stop using the word evolution.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I was responding to your idea that love can evolve.
Evolution as an idea that something can change as in goo to you via the zoo is nonsense, it has not happened, but evolution as in change within a species can happen.

So our love can change as we learn about life, experience it and love others.

But that love will never change, evolve, into something else.

May I suggest that you stop using the word evolution.
Ok sure, but what do you call it? I suggested this to a reputable Christian organisation already, and they weren't interested.

I agree love with a certain definition, can grow into something completely revolutionary, I just don't believe that that can be unexpected. Evolution does not take God by surprise.

By the same token, you don't want to rule out that Evolutionistic fools come to realise hoping they become something other than human is a pipedream, possibly even functionally impossible. I mean I really do wish someone could prove that if you jump off an Evolutionary cliff, flapping your Evolutionary arms won't work!

The point is, Evolution also provides hope and imagination - somehow we have to tease these things out, without crushing Evolution in the process (that we came from apes has to go, but neither can we leave a gap that says "now we don't have to care about apes"?)

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
sure, but what do you call it?
Call it change or growth, or development they are valid words for something that is undergoing a degree of change but is also remaining the same.
somehow we have to tease these things out, without crushing Evolution in the process
Sorry evolution is an idea that does not stand up to examination, it is something that has not happened.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Call it change or growth, or development they are valid words for something that is undergoing a degree of change but is also remaining the same.
A new name would be nice, but you are right, it's not essential.

Sorry evolution is an idea that does not stand up to examination, it is something that has not happened.
No you are saying that "not everything Evolution proposes has happened, therefore the entire theory is invalid", I don't agree to that.

Remember Abraham pleading with God to save Sodom; we must do our part to save people from the snare of egotism (that evolution from monkeys, presents).

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
"not everything Evolution proposes has happened, therefore the entire theory is invalid", I don't agree to that.

Evolution stands or falls on whether or not creatures have ' evolved' from one biological distinct creature into another.
There is no evidence that this has happened.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Evolution stands or falls on whether or not creatures have ' evolved' from one biological distinct creature into another.
I agree, there is no evidence for this.

But there is evidence that species change, within their own.

As I say from time to time "let the remaining dogs, be dogs"

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
But there is evidence that species change, within their own
Yes there is plenty of evidence for change within a species, but while that can be called evolution, it is not the 'goo to you via the zoo' meaning of evolution.
The creatures remain what they started out as.
See Galapodos coromones, ( sorry if miss spelt )
They are flightless birds whose ancestors could once fly, but either through selection for not flying or by a mutation causing the loss of the ability to fly they are flightless birds.
They started as birds and are still birds.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes there is plenty of evidence for change within a species, but while that can be called evolution, it is not the 'goo to you via the zoo' meaning of evolution.
The creatures remain what they started out as.
See Galapodos coromones, ( sorry if miss spelt )
They are flightless birds whose ancestors could once fly, but either through selection for not flying or by a mutation causing the loss of the ability to fly they are flightless birds.
They started as birds and are still birds.
As I keep saying "let the remaining dogs, be dogs" - there is no need to change dogs into something they aren't, neither is there a way to do that, even if we wanted to.

It all comes down to breeding. The right breeding will create the right kind.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think what it comes down to, is that you have to want to evolve, into something that advances Jesus' Kingdom.

Like if "a cowardly dog, is better than a dead lion", you should want to become a dog, that can boast of his cowardice.

Or if "there is an elephant in the room", you should want to be a talkative elephant.

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a whole lot of evidence for that one just needs to look.