In Creation, you love Jesus; in Evolution, what do you love? (evolve 'love'? thoughts?)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there,

So in Creation you love Jesus - the Christ. What do you love in Evolution? Darwin?

Jesus said "go the extra mile"; Darwin said?

If you love Jesus, you go the extra mile and you remember that He suggested it (and can be humble); if you love Darwin and he doesn't ask you to do anything, you get nothing for no effort (and can be confused?)

I'm not trying to poke, so much as prod. It brings in to question the whole element of "evaluation" - I can evaluate my love for Jesus, because I can tell if my going the extra mile, lines up with how miles there are to go; how do I evaluate my love for Darwin? There is no measuring stick, that says this amount of adaptation is enough (even relative to infinity)? That's a problem.

I would have responded with more inquistion, if I could - but Jesus objectifies nothing, Darwin seems to interject rather than reduce objectification.

Tell me where my compassion is steering me wrong?

Thanks.

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi there,

So in Creation you love Jesus - the Christ. What do you love in Evolution?
The truth.
Why would anyone love Darwin? (Aside from his friends and family)

All Darwin did was collect a wide array of observational evidence and then put down in writing a theory.

If you love Jesus, you go the extra mile and you remember that He suggested it (and can be humble); if you love Darwin and he doesn't ask you to do anything, you get nothing for no effort (and can be confused?)

I'm not trying to poke, so much as prod. It brings in to question the whole element of "evaluation" - I can evaluate my love for Jesus, because I can tell if my going the extra mile, lines up with how miles there are to go; how do I evaluate my love for Darwin? There is no measuring stick, that says this amount of adaptation is enough (even relative to infinity)? That's a problem.

I would have responded with more inquistion, if I could - but Jesus objectifies nothing, Darwin seems to interject rather than reduce objectification.

Thanks.
Darwin isn't evolution.

Reactions: Wrangler

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The truth.

Why would anyone love Darwin? (Aside from his friends and family)

All Darwin did was collect a wide array of observational evidence and then put down in writing a theory.

Darwin isn't evolution.
Yes but the whole concept of learning something as a human, is that you model yourself on a person who has got it together - as a responsible agent.

That's what I am doing when I follow Jesus, why should it be any different for Darwin?

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes but the whole concept of learning something as a human, is that you model yourself on a person who has got it together - as a responsible agent.

That's what I am doing when I follow Jesus, why should it be any different for Darwin?
John Dalton
Paul Dirac
Alfred Wegener
Georges Lemaître
Sadi Carnot
Jean Buridan

If your concept is true you shouldn't have to google any of these people to know exactly who they are and how you model yourself on them.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What do you love in Evolution? Darwin?
Nothing, what is there to like about a faith that 8s responsible for numerous genocides around the world, for justifing racism, abortion, euthanasia etc etc.
Darwin rejected God, why do you want to copy him.

Reactions: Nancy and L.A.M.B.

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing, what is there to like about a faith that 8s responsible for numerous genocides around the world, for justifing racism, abortion, euthanasia etc etc.
are you talking about Christianity?
Darwin rejected God, why do you want to copy him.
Darwin was quite devout. He just presented observations and facts

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The idea of evolution by natural selection was proposed by Charles Darwin in 1859,

Evolutionary biology is the subfield of biology that studies the evolutionary processes (natural selection, common descent, speciation) that produced the diversity of life on Earth. It is also defined as the study of the history of life forms on Earth. Evolution holds that all species are related and gradually change over generations.

Mutation: Mutation; is a change in the DNA sequence inside a gene or a chromosome of an organism. Most mutations are deleterious, or neutral; i.e. they can neither harm nor benefit, but can also be beneficial sometimes.

Genetic drift: Genetic drift; is a variational process, it happens as a result of the sampling errors from one generation to another generation where a random event that happens by chance in nature changes or influences allele frequency within a population. It has a much stronger effect on small populations than large ones.

Gene flow: Gene flow; is the transfer of genetic material from the gene pool of one population to another. In a population, migration occurs from one species to another, resulting in the change of allele frequency.

Natural selection: The survival and reproductive rate of a species depends on the adaptability of the species to their environment. This process is called natural selection. Some species with certain traits in a population have higher survival and reproductive rate than others (fitness), and they pass on these genetic features to their offsprings.

The Bible repeatedly claims that God created all things in nature: earth, heavenly bodies, plants, animals, and people.

Genesis 1:1 - In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. He simply spoke what should be created, and it was so.
Obviously if the universe was created by God, then God must exist. But note also that no god can be the true God unless He is the Creator.

Although biological evolution has been vocally opposed by some religious groups, many other groups accept the scientific position, sometimes with additions to allow for theological considerations.

This is for informational purposes only.

Reactions: amigo de christo

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi there,

So in Creation you love Jesus - the Christ. What do you love in Evolution? Darwin?

Thanks.

I love nothing of evolution, for it is only for those who believe it.

But what I do love, is that God has placed before all who are born, both life and death that each may choose.

Reactions: Nancy

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Darwin believed his own theories then it stands to reason he denied God as the supreme creator of all,
correct ?
you just posted: "Although biological evolution has been vocally opposed by some religious groups, many other groups accept the scientific position, sometimes with additions to allow for theological considerations."

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In 1633Galileo Galilei was prosecuted by the inquisition for his support of the satanic idea of heliocentrism, the astronomical model in which the Earth and planets revolve. Naturally he deserved to be prosecuted and imprisoned as his belief in his own theory shoed that he denied God as the supreme creator of all.

Reactions: Wrangler

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
are you talking about Christianity?

Darwin was quite devout. He just presented observations and facts
As I quoted a passage from the op about evolution, yes I was talking about evolution.
Darwin was devout! He identified as agnostic, did not attend church services with his family so if he was devout it wasn't to Christianity.

Reactions: L.A.M.B. and Nancy

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
In 1633Galileo Galilei was prosecuted by the inquisition for his support of the satanic idea of heliocentrism, the astronomical model in which the Earth and planets revolve. Naturally he deserved to be prosecuted and imprisoned as his belief in his own theory shoed that he denied God as the supreme creator of all.
Galileo was charged with heresy for believing that the sun and not the earth is the centre of the universe.
Strongly as a convicted heretic his only punishment was house arrest not execution.

It should be remembered the the universities then, like today, taught a pagan science and the church was educated in those pagan ideas, applying them to the bible.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I find odd is that most ppl are willing to believe just about everything, except what God has to say.

We know today ppl are willing to believe that being a goodly neighbor to fellow man ,of honest report, family loving and hard-working is just as acceptable as having faith. How many deaths and funerals has it been said, ____ was such a good person, they are in a better place or ______ is in heaven now.

When in reality many good ( by world standards) are committing grievous sins, against mankind, their families, their employers ect.

Why is it easier to accept a lie such as evolution, than to believe in God, the creator ?
The sad reality is that some religious groups accept this scientific position.

Having an understanding of the anatomy of humankind; it's reparation ability, it's electrical mechanisms, and the absolute glorious act of taking in oxygen and expelling carbon dioxide; how can any not believe in a divine supreme creator !

TinMan

Mar 26, 2023
Michigan Saginaw
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Galileo was charged with heresy for believing that the sun and not the earth is the centre of the universe.
Strongly as a convicted heretic his only punishment was house arrest not execution.
He only pled guilty after the church took his children into custody and threatened them.
It should be remembered the the universities then, like today, taught a pagan science and the church was educated in those pagan ideas, applying them to the bible.
The pagan's had figured out that the earth was not only round but revolved around the sun centuries before.
Eratosthenes calculated the Earth's circumference and axil tilt two thousand two hundred years ago. He was off only by about 12 miles.