Joel Osteen is extraordinarily amazing!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 2:16-21
[16]But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
[17]And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
[18]And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
[19]And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:
[20]The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:
[21]And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Peter quoted from Joel chapter 2, saying... "In the last days." It only makes sense that the "last days" began at Pentecost and are still going. Only now, we are in the last of the last days ....End Times.

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
  • Love
Reactions: BarneyFife

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Joel Osteen is extraordinarily amazing!

Anyone can adopt a Title for themselves.
Anyone can set a personal goal for themselves.
Anyone can establish (or in some cases assume an established) Platform.

Some people set goals to focus on being “motivational speaker’s”, which “in short” simply means to “only speak positive words to any other person who may at any time be one of their listeners”.

I am not “knocking” “positive motivational speech”.

My issue with “Pastor’s (whose Platform and Audience of listeners are geared toward the aspect of Religious Beliefs)…
whereas I find an imbalance.

The Lord God Himself, created the first man and Put him in a garden, and in the midst of that garden was an Express Tree, called the Tree of the Knowledge of “Good and Evil”, to which the man was Expressly Told to AVOID.

Why was (Adam the first ManKIND of being) Told to AVOID that Tree of the Knowledge of “Good AND Evil”?

Reading and Study, and subsequent scripture teaches the WHY…
* FIRST hear and be filled with the GOOD, the TRUTH according to God…THEN you SHOULD be prepared to HEAR and thereafter, RECOGNIZE the EVIL.

Granted, motivational speakers, Begin and End with what by all accounts appears as POSITIVE.

Examining JESUS’ teaching; Yes He taught, preached the TRUTH according to God…which INCLUDED Positive AND Negative.

WHY?
Because, inasmuch as GOOD has positive consequences, so also does EVIL have negative consequences.

Considering, millions of manKIND Beings, Like it or not, ARE co-mingling, co-habitants upon the face of the WHOLE earth, with very different thoughts, ideas, beliefs; AND with:
Men with governing powers over them…
(Good and Wicked) AND with;
Unseen Spirits with powers greater than them…(Good and Evil)…
That which can, do, daily Negatively affect good, wicked, evil, cunning men from all walks, stations, beliefs.

A listener of a motivational speaker, particularly, whose Platform and Listeners are expressly geared toward POSITIVE…
Certainly can cause the individual Listener to “feel” good about “themselves”, and be a “contentment” unto the individual.

The Lord Gods Teaching is a BALANCE of “good and evil”; Hear and Learn Both;
Know and Do Good;
Know and be Prepared for Evil.

And Remember…A building established as a meeting place dedicated unto the Lord God…
IS a House of Prayer, Worship, Praise, Thankfulness unto the Lord God, that He is Pleased….His feelings? Or mans?

Glory to God,
Taken

• Love
Reactions: BarneyFife