In one’s own generation....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 13:36 (NASB)
“For David, after he had served the purpose of God in his own generation, fell asleep, and was laid among his fathers and underwent decay;

“after he had served the purpose of God in his own generation”

These words are meant to encourage, instruct and also to limit.... For Jesus came to save one from their sins, not from encountering the sins of the world, or the sin in others, but their own sins....For there will still be evil in this world at the time one enters eternity...

For this is to be the purpose of the heart of the man of God... To serve the purpose of God in their generation... Not to stand in judgement, or be the arbiter of all the evil they see around them, but to live up to the standard to which they have obtained every day for as long as it is called today.....

For it is the obedience in the now, that causes the fruit to grow in the tomorrow... For each days evil is sufficient in itself, meaning, that each days purpose is sufficient in itself.... The overcoming of which is the purpose of God for that particular day... The building of which combines to be the completion of the purpose of God in ones life...

For there is no comparison or competition, one against the other.... For God has allotted the times and seasons of ones life... For there will be both seed time and harvest in each life..... For scripture says, it does not yet appear what we shall be, but the growing is in the time of this life.... For God is putting His body together as that which pleases Him, and if we would be a vessel of honor let us press into Him with our whole hearts...

The purpose of God in ones generation, to have the heart that would desire the completion of such... Oh, the glory that would await that heart.....

To Him be our all....

For the heart that knows it does not know, see or understand, that is the heart that shall serve the purpose of God in it’s generation, for it is open to being taught by God...

Be blessed in the being taught....

A fellow being taught-er, Not me

Last edited:
Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For this is to be the purpose of the heart of the man of God... To serve the purpose of God in their generation... Not to stand in judgement, or be the arbiter of all the evil they see around them, but to lIve up to the standard to which they have obtained every day for as long as it is called today.....
Hi Not me,

This really touches on something I've been taking to heart.

We've been given those Jesus gave to the church to bring us to a point of unity in faith and knowledge of the Son of God, what's called the fullness of the stature of Christ, and THEN we can go on to build each other up in love.

What is the simplest description of Jesus that enabled His ministry to Humanity?

The Son of Man came not to be served, but to serve. And that He trusted His Father completely.

When we can reach where Jesus began, we can begin, and even incomplete and imperfect as people are!

But to come to our lives this way, like you discribe it, not the judge, not the arbiter, but the servant, who looks to our Unseen Creator, Who is here with us. He loves the people He made!

For God is putting His body together as that which pleases Him, and if we would be a vessel of honor let us press into Him with our whole hearts...

For it is the obedience in the now, that causes the fruit to grow in the tomorrow...

I think all we have is a life lived now. The past is gone in that very moment, the future comes doled out in tiny pieces, and is subject to not meeting our expectations in the slightest!

And in the moment, if I am able to keep in focus the unimaginable love of my present yet unseen Creator, His light dispels all darkness in me.

If we keep making that right choice now, we will find more sanctified "nows" waiting for us.

Much love!

Reactions: Not me

Not me

May 8, 2019
California, Ca.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Not me,

This really touches on something I've been taking to heart.

We've been given those Jesus gave to the church to bring us to a point of unity in faith and knowledge of the Son of God, what's called the fullness of the stature of Christ, and THEN we can go on to build each other up in love.

What is the simplest description of Jesus that enabled His ministry to Humanity?

The Son of Man came not to be served, but to serve. And that He trusted His Father completely.

When we can reach where Jesus began, we can begin, and even incomplete and imperfect as people are!

But to come to our lives this way, like you discribe it, not the judge, not the arbiter, but the servant, who looks to our Unseen Creator, Who is here with us. He loves the people He made!

I think all we have is a life lived now. The past is gone in that very moment, the future comes doled out in tiny pieces, and is subject to not meeting our expectations in the slightest!

And in the moment, if I am able to keep in focus the unimaginable love of my present yet unseen Creator, His light dispels all darkness in me.

If we keep making that right choice now, we will find more sanctified "nows" waiting for us.

Much love!

Back at-cha marks; :)

That the fullness of Christ would be manifested in our lives... Oh the joy and glory!

Be blessed in the serving....

A fellow servant, Not me