In praise of Mary!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Proving Mary most holy, ever virgin mother of God & mother of our salvation is not a sinner!

You have been duped.

Mary was not naturally born without sin.
* umpteen Scriptural verses reveal JESUS was without sin, had no sin.

*Not one Scriptural verse says Mary was without sin.

*Not one Scriptural verse says God has a mother, a father, or is descended from anyone, anything.

*Not one Scriptural verse says Mary did not have a sexual relationship with her husband Joseph.

* Joseph, husband of Mary was told while he slept:
Matt 1:
[20] But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.
[21] And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
[22] Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,
[23] Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.
[24] Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:
[25] And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.

The Scripture is PLAIN and to the Point.
* Joseph DID as the angel of the Lord told him to do.
* Joseph married Mary.
* Joseph was encouraged to name the baby John, but named the baby JESUS.
* And Joseph waited according to Jewish Customs and the angel of the Lords bidding, to NOT have sexual intercourse with Mary UNTIL AFTER the birth of the male child.

* Jewish religious Custom was to NOT have sexual intercourse after a females issue of blood had been stopped for 7 days, as well a waiting period of 7 days after the birth of a male child (14 days for birth of a female child), as well as a complete immersion bathing of the woman., as well as complete cleansing of bed linens, clothing.

* Nothing whatsoever says or hints that Mary or Joseph did not adhere to the purification requirements of a woman with blood issue or after the birth of a child.

* Nothing whatsoever says or hints that Mary was Thereafter barren, but expressly indicated her FIRST born, implying more thereafter.

* Nothing whatsoever says or hints that Mary or Joseph, opposed, rejected Gods command for husbands and wives to multiply.

Jesus intimated to learn about Him from Him, through a childs’ eyes, which is to say, without preconceived notions.

Don’t be one knocking saying Lord, Lord, Did’t I USE your Name, to preach a Mary, Mary, Mary, agenda, and teach repeatedly against the Bible...

Reactions: Marine0311

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe you are 100% correct, and that is why the RCC did not want scripture in the common man’s hands.

There is a lot more to this...

The Catholic denomination has created a doctrine that has departed significantly from Scripture.

They want people to focus on...
a) "ever virgin" Mary (myth), ignoring the focus of the NT on Jesus, while claiming that she is the "queen of heaven"
b) Peter as the foundation of the church (even though it says clearly in Galatians that he was the apostle to the Jews, not the Gentiles) and was clearly a fallible, violent man
c) the leadership of their unScriptural hierarchy (there in no Pope or Cardinal or even "Catholic" mentioned in Scripture)
d) they ignore the abhorrent, UNCHRISTIAN history of their denomination, including the crusades, the inquisitions, the murder of innocent people who refused to succumb to their conquests, the murders, tortures, excommunications, and other heinous acts against non-Catholics
e) worst of all, they depict Jesus as => DEAD on the cross <= Every single crucifix and picture of the Lord they have shows him as a dead European!!! By so doing, they visually deny that He died, was buried, AND WAS RESURRECTED TO THE RIGHT HAND OF GOD!!!

Catholicism has departed so far from the words and actions of God as clearly expressed in His word, especially the New Testament, that it is more pagan than Christian.

Marine0311

Jun 26, 2022
New Roads , Louisiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Catholic denomination has created a doctrine that has departed significantly from Scripture.

a) "ever virgin" Mary (myth), ignoring the focus of the NT on Jesus, while claiming that she is the "queen of heaven"
b) Peter as the foundation of the church (even though it says clearly in Galatians that he was the apostle to the Jews, not the Gentiles) and was clearly a fallible, violent man
c) the leadership of their unScriptural hierarchy (there in no Pope or Cardinal or even "Catholic" mentioned in Scripture)
d) they ignore the abhorrent, UNCHRISTIAN history of their denomination, including the crusades, the inquisitions, the murder of innocent people who refused to succumb to their conquests, the murders, tortures, excommunications, and other heinous acts against non-Catholics
e) worst of all, they depict Jesus as => DEAD on the cross <= Every single crucifix and picture of the Lord they have shows him as a dead European!!! By so doing, they visually deny that He died, was buried, AND WAS RESURRECTED TO THE RIGHT HAND OF GOD!!!

Catholicism has departed so far from the words and actions of God as clearly expressed in His word, especially the New Testament, that it is more pagan than Christian.

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Empty evangelical crosses trivialize the awesome price paid by Christ, who shed His blood for our sins on the cross. By contrast, Catholic crucifixes take seriously Paul's priority expressed in 1 Corinthians 2:2: "I decided to know nothing among you, except Christ, AND HIM CRUCIFIED." You Fundamentalists just need to get into the Word like informed Catholics do.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I always thought it odd, Jesus arrives (lawfully Jewish), chooses Jewish disciples, they as Apostles preach primarily in Jewish Synagogues, and town squares (obviously not taking a roll call of the crowd, Jew or Gentile)...They had primarily Jewish ‘helpers’, (which remember aside from the 12 Jesus gave assignment to another 70 disciples...?)
Luke 10:
[1] After these things the Lord appointed other seventy also, and sent them two and two before his face into every city and place, whither he himself would come.

And...thereafter, the deaths of the Apostles, (and the 70 ??)...and the converts?
* A whole A-list of Gentiles, their names, their “letters” and (their Credibility) supposedly, they knew a guy, who knew a guy, who knew one of the Apostles. And their supposed “letters” seems more of what Catholicism has structured their Doctrine on...adding to and Centuries of the masses only receiving oral teaching.
* And that “Gentile holy father pope” thingy, also odd to me.
* Abraham was already designated as a Father figure to Earthly men. Jews and the Gentiles who “took on the seed of Abraham, via taking on the belief in the God of Abraham”.
* The whole Catholicism thing while sounding good, ONE in agreement, eh, they are not in agreement with so many aspects of Scripture.
* And then adding the Back-patting accreditation for the Bible, while double-talk edging toward commendation to trust the Bible.
* Almost as if, they did not foresee how little Mary was actually mentioned in the Bible, and the questions that would arise about How was Jesus sinless coming forth from the womb of a sinful woman...and having to creat an elaborate repeatedly in your face Mary theme, Sinless, perpetual virginity, with the statues, trinkets, beads, requiring repetitive Mary prayers.
* The whole thing is hokey to me.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Empty evangelical crosses trivialize the awesome price paid by Christ, who shed His blood for our sins on the cross. By contrast, Catholic crucifixes take seriously Paul's priority expressed in 1 Corinthians 2:2: "I decided to know nothing among you, except Christ, AND HIM CRUCIFIED." You Fundamentalists just need to get into the Word like informed Catholics do.

That funny.
Men IN the Word are endlessly criticized by Catholics for reliance on the Bible.
Seems “informed Catholics” (as you say) have a different ‘word’ to rely on.

Marine0311

Jun 26, 2022
New Roads , Louisiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That funny.
Men IN the Word are endlessly criticized by Catholics for reliance on the Bible.

On the contrary, Catholic Bible scholarship is far more respected in the secular academic world than evangelical Bible scholarship. I know because for years I attended the most prestigious academic Bible conference in the world, the Society of Biblical Literature. On the other hand, you and your ilk are blissfully ignorant of biblical languages and the cultural background that clarifies the meaning of biblical texts. Trapped in an uneducated grasp of Scriptures, you are forced to regurgitate fundamentalist talking points from the myopic evangelical Ghetto. I now see the need to start new threads that expose you to Catholic prooftexts before which fundamentalists freeze like Bambi in the headlights. So stay tuned.

Marine0311

Jun 26, 2022
New Roads , Louisiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is that the same scholarship that led the RCC into following traditions with zero scriptural support, which of course is an argument from silence ? Is that the scholarship that led the Roman Catholic Church into Mary worship and blatant idolatry ? The supposed scholarship which caused those bright scholars to not understand that Joseph and Mary had kids together even though scripture actually names their boys, and said Mary and Joseph also had daughters ? No thanks. This verse alone proves that perpetual virginity of Mary is a blatant lie.
copyChkboxOff.gif
Mat 1:25 - And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is that the same scholarship that led the RCC into following traditions with zero scriptural support, which of course is an argument from silence ? Is that the scholarship that led the Roman Catholic Church into Mary worship and blatant idolatry ? The supposed scholarship which caused those bright scholars to not understand that Joseph and Mary had kids together even though scripture actually names their boys, and said Mary and Joseph also had daughters ? No thanks. This verse alone proves that perpetual virginity of Mary is a blatant lie.
copyChkboxOff.gif
Mat 1:25 - And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.
Ah, you tremble is terror in anticipation of being refuted without the patience to let a pro-Catholic lead you into unfamiliar territory in the Word. For now, here's a skill-testing question: what Bible passage expresses an exalted image of Mary shaped by goddess worship? btw, as Catholics have repeatedly reminded you, they don't worship Mary; they honor her role as Mother of God and ask her to intercede in their behalf with God, who has all the power.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...as Catholics have repeatedly reminded you, they don't worship Mary; they honor her role as Mother of God and ask her to intercede in their behalf with God, who has all the power.
And also as Catholics have not honestly admitted that the worship of Mary is an integral part of Roman Catholicism. Salve Regina should suffice to tell you that you are lying. And all the statues of Mary all over the world contradict your statement.

Salve, Regina

Salve, Regina, mater misericordiae;
Vita, dulcedo et spes nostra salve.
Ad te clamamus, exsules filii Hevae.
Ad te suspiramus, gementes et flentes
in hac lacrimarum valle.
Eia ergo, advocata nostra,
illos tuos misericordes oculos ad nos converte.
Et Jesum, benedictum fructum ventris tui,
nobis post hoc exsilium ostende.
O clemens, o pia, o dulcis Virgo Maria.

Queen, mother of mercy:
our life, sweetness, and hope, hail.
To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve.
To you we sigh, mourning and weeping
in this valley of tears.
Turn then, our advocate,
those merciful eyes
toward us.
And Jesus, the blessed fruit of thy womb,
after our exile, show us.
O clement, O loving, O sweet
Virgin Mary.

To designate Mary as Queen of Heaven is to elevate her to the status of God. The Bible says that there is only ONE Advocate and Mediator between God and men -- the Man Christ Jesus.

Marine0311

Jun 26, 2022
New Roads , Louisiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol, ok ! When you can support any Marian dogma from scripture give me a holler. I don’t do he said she said hermeneutics.I will not follow anyone into idolatry and traditions that contradict scripture. When you worship Mary and call it veneration that is nothing more than a lie. FYI, Christian’s only have ONE mediator and His name is Jesus.

Last edited:

Marine0311

Jun 26, 2022
New Roads , Louisiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And also as Catholics have not honestly admitted that the worship of Mary is an integral part of Roman Catholicism. Salve Regina should suffice to tell you that you are lying. And all the statues of Mary all over the world contradict your statement.

Salve, Regina

Salve, Regina, mater misericordiae;
Vita, dulcedo et spes nostra salve.
Ad te clamamus, exsules filii Hevae.
Ad te suspiramus, gementes et flentes
in hac lacrimarum valle.
Eia ergo, advocata nostra,
illos tuos misericordes oculos ad nos converte.
Et Jesum, benedictum fructum ventris tui,
nobis post hoc exsilium ostende.
O clemens, o pia, o dulcis Virgo Maria.

Queen, mother of mercy:
our life, sweetness, and hope, hail.
To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve.
To you we sigh, mourning and weeping
in this valley of tears.
Turn then, our advocate,
those merciful eyes
toward us.
And Jesus, the blessed fruit of thy womb,
after our exile, show us.
O clement, O loving, O sweet
Virgin Mary.

To designate Mary as Queen of Heaven is to elevate her to the status of God. The Bible says that there is only ONE Advocate and Mediator between God and men -- the Man Christ Jesus.
Nope, to elevate Mary past what scripture says about her is simply idolatry.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On the contrary, Catholic Bible scholarship is far more respected in the secular academic world than evangelical Bible scholarship. I know because for years I attended the most prestigious academic Bible conference in the world, the Society of Biblical Literature. On the other hand, you and your ilk are blissfully ignorant of biblical languages and the cultural background that clarifies the meaning of biblical texts. Trapped in an uneducated grasp of Scriptures, you are forced to regurgitate fundamentalist talking points from the myopic evangelical Ghetto. I now see the need to start new threads that expose you to Catholic prooftexts before which fundamentalists freeze like Bambi in the headlights. So stay tuned.

Still funny, but with a twist.
Typically expect all the negative jabs to be the opening statement, then on to the janitor who polishes the pedestal to take a quick sneak to sit upon it.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol, ok ! When you can support any Marian dogma from scripture give me a holler. I don’t do he said she said hermeneutics.I will not follow anyone into idolatry and traditions that contradict scripture. When you worship Mary and call it veneration that is nothing more than a lie. FYI, Christian’s only have ONE mediator and His name is Jesus.

I noticed your post #132 asking a few questions and quoting a verse...
And the response post #133...”tremble in terror”...LOL

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

As expected, you ducked the relevant question I posed to you in post #134 and therebv demonstrate that you are clueless about Catholic biblical prooftexts for mariology. And som I suspect you are also clueless about other biblical prooftexts for Catholic distinctives. My next new thread will begin my demonstration of this.

btw, you do realize that in the Catholic sense evangelical prayer intercessors are also "advocates" and 'mediators" for those who need their prayers?
(2) Nor do you realize that statues don't imply idolatry. On your view, Jesus committed idolatry when He expressed approval for Moses setting up a statue of a serpent as a means of providing healing.

Status
Not open for further replies.