Infinite Regress

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You want me to play into your little game, ok, I will.

Your Messiah is a complete joke, I surrender to the totality of killing your god daily.

One day I will have my desire met, and rid the earth of the belief sickness you call love.

Whose playing games?

Sorry, they already tried that. Didn't work out so well for your side.

No, that will be an eternal unfulfilled desire. You will still have it, but it will never be met.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You say that no one can completely understand God, but here you are in this forum saying to me what you think God what's me to hear. I thought you said no one can understand the mind God. So if what you claim about God is true, how are you able to tell me what God thinks?

Do you see how twisted your logic is?

I do, do you?

Do you understand the word 'completely'? I do, do you?

Stranger

Reactions: Mayflower

Use the Fear

Aug 12, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Atheist
Country
Australia
Whose playing games?

Sorry, they already tried that. Didn't work out so well for your side.

No, that will be an eternal unfulfilled desire. You will still have it, but it will never be met.

Stranger
You know that It's lukewarm Christian's like you who will end up destroying Christianity itself.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know that It's lukewarm Christian's like you who will end up destroying Christianity itself.

As though you would know a lukewarm Christian and one who was not. But, go ahead. Since you present yourself such an authority on what is Christian and what is not, and who is Christian and who is not, and who is lukewarm and who is not, describe these in detail so I know what I can expect.

Stranger

Use the Fear

Aug 12, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Atheist
Country
Australia
No language of man is perfect. What's your point?
My point is that if humanity has not created a perfect language which they can communicate their feeling's and thoughts accurately, without contextual error. How then can biblical literature not be plagued by the imperfect language of the culture that wrote it?

Do you think God is a Jew?

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You say that no one can completely understand God, but here you are in this forum saying to me what you think God what's me to hear. I thought you said no one can understand the mind God. So if what you claim about God is true, how are you able to tell me what God thinks?

Do you see how twisted your logic is?

I do, do you?

I don't think I mentioned what I thought God thinks. I mentioned what is in the Holy Bible, the Word of God. This is how I form what I think. He tells us qualities of Himself in His love letter to us... Can I understand Omniscience? Omnipotence? No I cannot. But I believe it, because the Bible says it. Whether you want to hear this or not, this isnt made up or a fairy tale. God is very real. And He very much loves You and died for your sins.

“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.
John 3:16 NASB

And as far as language goes, check this out. This is from the Message Bible.

The Word was first, the Word present to God, God present to the Word. The Word was God, in readiness for God from day one. Everything was created through him; nothing—not one thing!— came into being without him. What came into existence was Life, and the Life was Light to live by. The Life-Light blazed out of the darkness; the darkness couldn’t put it out.
John 1:1‭-‬5 MSG

Last edited:

Use the Fear

Aug 12, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Atheist
Country
Australia
I don't think I mentioned what I thought God thinks. I mentioned what is in the Holy Bible, the Word of God. This is how I form what I think. He tells us qualities of Himself in His love letter to us... Can I understand Omniscience? Omnipotence? No I cannot. But I believe it, because the Bible says it. Whether you want to hear this or not, this isnt made up or a fairy tale. God is very real. And He very much loves You and died for your sins.

“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.
John 3:16 NASB

And as far as language goes, check this out. This is from the Message Bible.

The Word was first, the Word present to God, God present to the Word. The Word was God, in readiness for God from day one. Everything was created through him; nothing—not one thing!— came into being without him. What came into existence was Life, and the Life was Light to live by. The Life-Light blazed out of the darkness; the darkness couldn’t put it out.
John 1:1‭-‬5 MSG
If God did speak the universe into existence by his own voice (Word) before he created humans who created their own word's & language about a creator who was the word, then why would the language of those humans be the exact word's God used to create that which he created?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My point is that if humanity has not created a perfect language which they can communicate their feeling's and thoughts accurately, without contextual error. How then can biblical literature not be plagued by the imperfect language of the culture that wrote it?

Do you think God is a Jew?
The bible is plagued. As it is written, God confounded all language at Babel. Therefore, it must be discerned spiritually.

God is spirit.

Reactions: Mayflower

Use the Fear

Aug 12, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Atheist
Country
Australia
The bible is plagued. As it is written, God confounded all language at Babel. Therefore, it must be discerned spiritually.

God is spirit.
And exactly what language does your God speak to you in? Does the still small voice in your head sound like the language you grew up with?

Pretty convenient I say.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If God did speak the universe into existence by his own voice (Word) before he created humans who created their own word's & language about a creator who was the word, then why would the language of those humans be the exact word's God used to create that which he created?

What makes you think man created his own language?

Stranger

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

We are made in His image for one. But also:

The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God,
Romans 8:16 NASB

The language is a spirit language. Not a physical language. We didn't create that.

Use the Fear

Aug 12, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Atheist
Country
Australia
We are made in His image for one. But also:

The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God,
Romans 8:16 NASB

The language is a spirit language. Not a physical language. We didn't create that.
How are we made in the image of a God who has no image? If the God of the Jew's is a spirit, an eternal being without a physical body, what part of me is made in his image?

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How are we made in the image of a God who has no image? If the God of the Jew's is a spirit, an eternal being without a physical body, what part of me is made in his image?

Spirit :)

God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.
Genesis 1:27 NASB

Use the Fear

Aug 12, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Atheist
Country
Australia
Spirit :)

God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.
Genesis 1:27 NASB
And what does my spirit look like? Have you ever seen your own spirit?
How do you know you have a spirit?
Is your spirit you? Or is your body you?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And exactly what language does your God speak to you in? Does the still small voice in your head sound like the language you grew up with?

Pretty convenient I say.
I have told you from the start that you misunderstand.

Is this the attitude that one who doesn't understand should have?

Change, or stay the same and receive nothing.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what does my spirit look like? Have you ever seen your own spirit?
How do you know you have a spirit?
Is your spirit you? Or is your body you?

We are three part beings. Mind, spirit, and flesh. Just like God is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.
Hebrews 11:1 NASB

I believe God's Word. And that is what it is all about. I think talking to you about this is going to be a never ending list of questions meant to try and prove me wrong. But I am convinced in my mind because of faith. Only by the Holy Spirit are you going to be able to see and understand these things.

Use the Fear

Aug 12, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Atheist
Country
Australia
I have told you from the start that you misunderstand.

Is this the attitude that one who doesn't understand should have?

Change, or stay the same and receive nothing.
I never had anything to begin with, even the body I live in is not my own. In the end I have to hand everything over to the source that set life in motion.