Infinite Regress

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never had anything to begin with, even the body I live in is not my own. In the end I have to hand everything over to the source that set life in motion.
If that is the "everything" you have, then yes, that will be the end of it.

But if you believe this is true, why do you not believe that life is more than organic?

Last edited:

Use the Fear

Aug 12, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Atheist
Country
Australia
We are three part beings. Mind, spirit, and flesh. Just like God is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.
Hebrews 11:1 NASB

I believe God's Word. And that is what it is all about. I think talking to you about this is going to be a never ending list of questions meant to try and prove me wrong. But I am convinced in my mind because of faith. Only by the Holy Spirit are you going to be able to see and understand these things.
You forgot one more part of the human equation, our feeling's. Which is crucial for the believer (Is it not?)

Without those chemical reactions in the brain that the believer feels is their God, they wouldn't have anything else in this whole universe to go on.

Provide evidence that your God actually exists without using emotional blackmail.

Use the Fear

Aug 12, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Atheist
Country
Australia
If that is the "everything" you have, then yes, that will be the end of it.

But if you believe this is true, why do you not believe that life is more that organic?
Do you actually even know what I believe or not? You might want to find out some facts about my beliefs first, before you pile a mountain of assumptions on your head.

It gets so tiresome to have complete strangers tell me what they believe I am, and who I am, when I haven't even given them enough information about my own beliefs to start with.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You say that no one can completely understand God, but here you are in this forum saying to me what you think God what's me to hear. I thought you said no one can understand the mind God. So if what you claim about God is true, how are you able to tell me what God thinks?

Do you see how twisted your logic is?

I do, do you?
Logic can be useful at times in discussions, but when it comes down to it, it proves or disproves nothing for the atheist or for the sincere surrendered believer in God and His Son when they are talking with one another. We, the believers in God and His Son, do live by faith which the scriptures define as the "... the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

It would be logical, I believe, to say that if a person cannot see, he cannot use his vision as evidence of what he has seen. Since you are have no "eyes to see" the things of God, extensive discussion or argument between you and me would be pointless as we have no common ground to start from...

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you actually even know what I believe or not? You might want to find out some facts about my beliefs first, before you pile a mountain of assumptions on your head.

It gets so tiresome to have complete strangers tell me what they believe I am, and who I am, when I haven't even given them enough information about my own beliefs to start with.
I did not tell you anything about yourself, but rather quoted you. Shall I not take you at your word?

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You forgot one more part of the human equation, our feeling's. Which is crucial for the believer (Is it not?)

Without those chemical reactions in the brain that the believer feels is their God, they wouldn't have anything else in this whole universe to go on.

Provide evidence that your God actually exists without using emotional blackmail.

The spirit is our emotions. Our spirit is lead by what we think and believe. And the evidence is God's Word, but it also takes a little bit of faith. History alone proves a lot of what the Bible says is true. And 40 authors writing the Bible over a period of 1400 years, and it all comes together perfectly...I don't see what other evidence you need. You choose not to believe. But still God tugs at your heart. What has God done to make you so angry with Him?

Use the Fear

Aug 12, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Atheist
Country
Australia
Okay...then we are back to this:
If you believe that, why do you call yourself and Atheist? Why are you here campaigning against God and those who know or believe in Him?
Atheism is a stance I have taken regarding any god people expect me to believe in. Atheism as it has become today is not a real thing, and those people who actually think they are living some atheistic lifestyle are deluded.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Atheism is a stance I have taken regarding any god people expect me to believe in. Atheism as it has become today is not a real thing, and those people who actually think they are living some atheistic lifestyle are deluded.
That is quite a commentary on something you yourself align with.

But you are wrong if you thing "people expect" you to believe in God. They/we don't.

Use the Fear

Aug 12, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Atheist
Country
Australia
That is quite a commentary on something you yourself align with.

But you are wrong if you thing "people expect" you to believe in God. They/we don't.
When has the belief of a believer never expected their beliefs to be accepted as truth. There'd be no religion if humanity accepted the real truth, that truth is something you can't believe. But because so many people today are still hopelessly dependant on believing in thing's, they will fight to the bitter end to convert anyone who does not believe like them.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When has the belief of a believer never expected their beliefs to be accepted as truth. There'd be no religion if humanity accepted the real truth, that truth is something you can't believe. But because so many people today are still hopelessly dependant on believing in thing's, they will fight to the bitter end to convert anyone who does not believe like them.
No, that is not the case at all. But those were statements and not actually questions, so I understand your position.

Nonetheless, there may be some religions and even some Christians who push conversion...but that is not the actual position of the Christian community. It is rather a matter of being told or commanded by God to spread the good news, to freely give what has been given to us; and also a simple matter of being filled to overflowing, having gone from belief to knowledge--we simply can't help but want to share.

Use the Fear

Aug 12, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Atheist
Country
Australia
No, that is not the case at all. But those were statements and not actually questions, so I understand your position.

Nonetheless, there may be some religions and even some Christians who push conversion...but that is not the actual position of the Christian community. It is rather a matter of being told or commanded by God to spread the good news, to freely give what has been given to us; and also a simple matter of being filled to overflowing, having gone from belief to knowledge--we simply can't help but want to share.
We all know that Christian's will lie through their teeth when it comes to them talking responsibility for the beliefs they force on other people. In truth, the world that the Christian's are at war with spiritually today, is a world that was created by generation's of people who believed there was a war.

There wasn't, until they brainwashed their society to believe there was.

Cause & Effect.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I have no expectation for you.
I have noticed however,
Your posts sound bitter
Church failed your expectations

Perhaps you were forced into religion
Is this what brings you here?
Does expressing your resentment
Free your mind to embrace atheism?

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We all know that Christian's will lie through their teeth when it comes to them talking responsibility for the beliefs they force on other people. In truth, the world that the Christian's are at war with spiritually today, is a world that was created by generation's of people who believed there was a war.

There wasn't, until they brainwashed their society to believe there was.

Cause & Effect.
You are rambling without facts. That is nothing more than resentment on your part.

The fact that Christian history is not perfect does not mean that truth of the gospel is not true. A hundred million broken and sinful people doesn't change anything. It's just a cop out.

You have yet to come up with anything of substance. Just your whining.

Use the Fear

Aug 12, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Atheist
Country
Australia
You are rambling without facts. That is nothing more than resentment on your part.

The fact that Christian history is not perfect does not mean that truth of the gospel is not true. A hundred million broken and sinful people doesn't change anything. It's just a cop out.

You have yet to come up with anything of substance. Just your whining.
Yes I do. You. You are the proof that your religion is nothing more than a savage bronze aged belief system, that is obviously effecting your better judgment.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I do. You. You are the proof that your religion is nothing more than a savage bronze aged belief system, that is obviously effecting your better judgment.
Ha...you know nothing of me, let alone "proof" of any such thing.

And you couldn't be more wrong.
  • "Bronze age" indeed! Time is an illusion (even scientifically). Your age theory is delusion.
  • "Belief system?"...Sorry, jokes on you. It's just a facade. "We know of what we speak."
  • "Judgement?"...Yeah, that's what this is...by last will and testament. Ashes to ashes.

Use the Fear

Aug 12, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Atheist
Country
Australia
Ha...you know nothing of me, let alone "proof" of any such thing.

And you couldn't be more wrong.
  • "Bronze age" indeed! Time is an illusion (even scientifically). Your age theory is delusion.
  • "Belief system?"...Sorry, jokes on you. It's just a facade. "We know of what we speak."
  • "Judgement?"...Yeah, that's what this is...by last will and testament. Ashes to ashes.
Like I said previously, that the proof Christianity is a savage belief system created by ignorant tribal people, is evident in the Christian themselves. If you really believe that Jesus is real and he loves you as much as he does me, you are going about proving that love isn't real.

So go ahead and retaliate again, then ask Jesus why I won't accept his truth.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like I said previously, that the proof Christianity is a savage belief system created by ignorant tribal people, is evident in the Christian themselves. If you really believe that Jesus is real and he loves you as much as he does me, you are going about proving that love isn't real.

So go ahead and retaliate again, then ask Jesus why I won't accept his truth.
You are not listening.

You are just here as one campaigning against Christianity and God.

If you were [actually] listening, you would have heard that Christianity and belief in God is not based in "belief" at all, but in the reality of the only ribbon of truth made available to humankind with continuity down through all of the history of the world. Many "believe", but it is rooted in firsthand knowledge through every generation and recorded. "We know of what we speak."

And all you can say is "You won't accept it." So fine, that's your choice. But you are no authority. You got nothing but your emotions and your own minute perception of the most established truth of life know to man...and you don't even get it. Not a great track record.

Use the Fear

Aug 12, 2019
Brisbane
Faith
Atheist
Country
Australia
You are not listening.

You are just here as one campaigning against Christianity and God.

If you were [actually] listening, you would have heard that Christianity and belief in God is not based in "belief" at all, but in the reality of the only ribbon of truth made available to humankind with continuity down through all of the history of the world. Many "believe", but it is rooted in firsthand knowledge through every generation and recorded. "We know of what we speak."

And all you can say is "You won't accept it." So fine, that's your choice. But you are no authority. You got nothing but your emotions and your own minute perception of the most established truth of life know to man...and you don't even get it. Not a great track record.
Then present such 1st hand copies of your God's written parchment.