Iniquity; The Downfall Of Man

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ozell

Jun 6, 2010
Hi all, Peace to all In Jesus mighty name. I would like your opinion on this lesson from the church I attend. Is Sin the downfall of man?

People make the mistake of trying to separate them selves from history. They think that because these events happened so long ago, that they have no bearing on what's happening today.

Had not the depression of 1929 happened, we would not have the safeguards in place today to prevent the devastation of an economic crash.

Our recent economic crash called Black Tuesday was nothing compared to the crash of 1929.

Had not Jesus died on the cross some 2000yrs. ago, there would be no such thing as faith in God and repentance from sin.

People would still be getting stoned to death on the spot for transgressing God's law.

So, what happened in the past has an effect on us today and the one thing that happened in the past that has a profound effect on us is man's
[font="Times New Roman][size="3"][font="Times New Roman][size="3"]iniquity
[/size][/font].

In the days of Adam, his
[font="Times New Roman][size="3"][font="Times New Roman][size="3"]iniquity [/size][/font][/size][/font]brought death to himself and all mankind.

[font="Times New Roman][size="3"][font="Times New Roman][size="3"]"Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:" (Romans 5:12)

[/size][/font][/size][/font]
[/size][/font]

In the days of Noah, God destroyed man from the face of the earth because of his [font="Times New Roman][size="3"][font="Times New Roman][size="3"]wickedness [/size][/font][/size][/font](iniquity).

[font="Times New Roman][size="3"][font="Times New Roman][size="3"]"And God saw that the [/size][/font][/size][/font][font="Times New Roman][size="3"][font="Times New Roman][size="3"]wickedness [/size][/font][/size][/font][font="Times New Roman][size="3"][font="Times New Roman][size="3"]of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. And the LORD said," I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them." But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD. These are the generations of Noah:

Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.

Noah begat three sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth.

The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.

And God looked upon the earth, and behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth. And God said unto Noah,

The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth." (Genesis 6:5-13).
As a result of Noah's righteousness, only he, his wife, his three sons and their wives were saved from destruction.

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia
Hi all, Peace to all In Jesus mighty name. I would like your opinion on this lesson from the church I attend. Is Sin the downfall of man?

People make the mistake of trying to separate them selves from history. They think that because these events happened so long ago, that they have no bearing on what's happening today.

absolutely agree. Todays world is the culmination of the past.

Sin was most definately where mankinds downfall began. Adam was originally created perfect which means he could perfectly reflect the qualities of God because he was created in the image of God.

But when he turned away from Gods law and willfully disobeyed, he could no longer reflect the perfect qualities of God...in turn he passed on a lot of bad traits to his offspring (us) and we in turn are unable to fully reflect Gods qualities.

So our world today is a reflection of Adams sinful course.

ozell

Jun 6, 2010

Now, in these the last days, God has said that because of the overspreading of iniquity; (iniquity is one of the signs and factors of the end of the world).

[font="Times New Roman][size="3"][font="Times New Roman][size="3"]"And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to show him the buildings of the temple. And Jesus said unto them, "See ye not all these things? Verily I say unto you, there shall not be left here one stone upon another that shall not be thrown down." And as he sat upon the Mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately saying," Tell us, when shall these things be and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?"; "Because
[/font]
[/font][font="Times New Roman][size="3"][font="Times New Roman][size="3"]iniquity
[/font][/size][/font][font="Times New Roman][size="3"][font="Times New Roman][size="3"]shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold, but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the entire world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come." (St. Matthew 24:1-3 & 12-14)

So lets take an in depth look at​
[font="Times New Roman][size="3"][font="Times New Roman][size="3"]iniquity[/size][/font][/size][/font], its origin and effect on man throughout history.

in·iq·ui·ty (î-nîk¹wî-tê) noun​
[font="Times New Roman][size="3"][font="Times New Roman][size="3"]1. Gross immorality or injustice; wickedness. 2. A grossly immoral act; a sin.

[/size][/font][/size][/font]Jesus was speaking to some of the Jews that believed in him and he told them that,

[font="Times New Roman][size="3"][font="Times New Roman][size="3"]"If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. [/size][/font][/size][/font]They in turn told Jesus that they were Abraham's seed and that they were in bondage to no man. (Even though at this time the Romans were in control of Jerusalem and Herod the Idumeaen was the ruler). How say to us that we shall be made free? Jesus answered them, [font="Times New Roman][size="3"][font="Times New Roman][size="3"]Verily, verily, I say unto you; whosoever committeth [/size][/font][/size][/font][font="Times New Roman][size="3"][font="Times New Roman][size="3"]sin [/size][/font][/size][/font][font="Times New Roman][size="3"][font="Times New Roman][size="3"]is the servant of [/size][/font][/size][/font][font="Times New Roman][size="3"][font="Times New Roman][size="3"]sin[/size][/font][/size][/font][font="Times New Roman][size="3"][font="Times New Roman][size="3"]. And the servant abideth not in the house forever: but the Son abideth ever. If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed. I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you. If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham. But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham. Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, "We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God." Jesus said unto them, "If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me. Why do ye not understand my speech?[/size][/font][/size][/font]
[/size][/font][/size][/font]Even because ye cannot hear my word. (St. John 8:31-32, 34-44) Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it."

[/size]
[/size][/size]

bling

May 5, 2009
Am I here right now because of the "bad" I have done or the good I can do?

Is the bad stuff I have done useful?

Is forgiven sin a problem for me or a benefit to me?

Did Adam and Eve do us a favor by show how lousy a place the Garden was for us to fulfill our objective?

ozell

Jun 6, 2010
Before Satan became known as the Devil, his name was Lucifer, which means light bearer. He was the Angel in charge of bringing God's truth. The prophet Isaiah asked this question of Lucifer,

"
[font="Times New Roman][size="3"][font="Times New Roman][size="3"]How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations?" (Isaiah 14:12)

The Prophet Ezekiel answers the question,
[font="Times New Roman][size="3"][font="Times New Roman][size="3"]
[font="Times New Roman][size="3"][font="Times New Roman][size="3"]"[/size][/font][/size][/font]
Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty. Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created. Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created,[/size] till [/font][/size][/font][font="Times New Roman][font="Times New Roman][size="4"]iniquity [/size][/font][/font][font="Times New Roman][size="3"][font="Times New Roman][size="3"]was found in thee." (Ezekiel 28:12-15)

[/size][/font][/size][/font]Even though Ezekiel refers to Lucifer as the King of Tyrus, this is not a natural man.

Look at the attributes of this person. The anointed cherub (cherubs are angels), walking up and down in the stones of fire.

Now what natural man can this fit?

What was the [font="Times New Roman][size="3"][font="Times New Roman][size="3"]iniquity [/size][/font][/size][/font]that was found in Lucifer?

The prophet Isaiah answers that question.
[font="Times New Roman][size="3"][font="Times New Roman][size="3"]
[font="Times New Roman][size="3"][font="Times New Roman][size="3"][/size][/font][/size][/font]"For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit." (Isaiah 14:13-15)

As a direct result of Lucifer's
[font="Times New Roman][size="3"][font="Times New Roman][size="3"]iniquity[/size][/font][/size][/font], he was banished from heaven, stripped of the name Lucifer and cast down to the earth.

[font="Times New Roman][size="3"][font="Times New Roman][size="3"]"By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the

midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire. Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty; thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground; I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee. Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thine
[font="Times New Roman][font="Times New Roman][i][size="4"]iniquities[/size][/i][/font][/font], by the [font="Times New Roman][font="Times New Roman]iniquity [/font][/i][/font][/size][/b][size="3"]of thy traffic; therefore will I bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, it shall devour thee, and I will bring thee to ashes upon the earth in the sight of all them that behold thee. All they that know thee among the people shall be astonished at thee: thou shalt be a terror, and never shalt thou be any more." (Ezekiel 28:16-19)"

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, and prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. Therefore rejoice ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! For the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time." (Revelation 12:7-9, 12).

[font="Times New Roman][size="3"][font="Times New Roman][size="3"]So we see that [/size][/font][/size][/font][font="Times New Roman][size="3"][font="Times New Roman][size="3"]iniquity [/size][/font][/size][/font][font="Times New Roman][size="3"][font="Times New Roman][size="3"]originated with Lucifer who became Satan the devil.

[/size][/font][/size][/font][/size][/font][/size][/font][/size][/font][/size][/font]