Inspirational Quotes

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True prayer is neither a mere mental exercise nor a vocal performance. It is far deeper than that - it is spiritual transaction with the Creator of Heaven and Earth. Charles Spurgeon
That is so hard to wrap my pea brain around. To actually realize we are speaking with the Creator of the universe...no words!
And,yes, it goes much deeper than mere words.
xo

Reactions: farouk and Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
th

Reactions: Nancy

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
That is so hard to wrap my pea brain around. To actually realize we are speaking with the Creator of the universe...no words!
And,yes, it goes much deeper than mere words.
xo
It shows just how great was the stoop of the Incarnation, which with the Cross made it all possible for our prayers even to be heard...

Reactions: Nancy

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It shows just how great was the stoop of the Incarnation, which with the Cross made it all possible for our prayers even to be heard...
Without Jesus we are nothing. With Jesus we have the ear of the Creator, El Shaddai, Almighty God. Amazing. Awesome. Unbelievable.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Gracious Father in heaven, I am a pastor in the flock of God and I confess that I am a troubled man. It is too late in my ministry for me to be engaged week after week with men and women who do not hear Thy pleading voice. O Lord, we often wonder if Thou wilt be forced to turn from those who have heard all of the Bible truths over and over again, in order to find willing and responsive listeners elsewhere? We recognize that Thou hast given us plain warnings in Thy Word. We remember all too well that the Jews of Jesus' day held stubbornly to their attitudes of presumption: "We are Abraham's descendents. We know who we are. If God is going to bless anyone, He is going to bless us." Yet at that very time those same self-serving men were planning to kill their promised Messiah, the eternal Son whom Thou hadst sent in the fullness of time. We pray earnestly, 0 God, that we may not be found among those with hardened hearts, no longer able to hear Thy voice.

A. W. Tozer Sermon: A Prayer of Concern

Reactions: farouk