Instantaneous Healing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

blankshot

Oct 5, 2012
John 9:1-7 ESV As he passed by, he saw a man blind from birth. (2) And his disciples asked him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?" (3) Jesus answered, "It was not that this man sinned, or his parents, but that the works of God might be displayed in him. (4) We must work the works of him who sent me while it is day; night is coming, when no one can work. (5) As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world." (6) Having said these things, he spat on the ground and made mud with the saliva. Then he anointed the man's eyes with the mud (7) and said to him, "Go, wash in the pool of Siloam" (which means Sent). So he went and washed and came back seeing.

Time heals all wounds? Miracles happen instantaneously from bible perpective.

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes today this happens, the doctor sees something and they go back after prayer and it is gone this is instantaneous healing.

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Take a dose of mud in your eye and call me in the morning! And if I were you I would watch what I was doing.

There is an account, joking aside, where Jesus laid His hands twice.

Mark 8:22-26
22 And they came to Bethsaida. And they brought a blind man to Jesus and implored Him to touch him.
23 Taking the blind man by the hand, He brought him out of the village; and after spitting on his eyes and laying His hands on him, He asked him, “Do you see anything?”
24 And he looked up and said, “I see men, for I see them like trees, walking around.”
25 Then again He laid His hands on his eyes; and he looked intently and was restored, and began to see everything clearly.
26 And He sent him to his home, saying, “Do not even enter the village.”

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
This past Sunday a doctor in our church was holding an image of a large cancerous tumor he was about to operate on ..... and when he went to do the operation he said the cancer had completely disappeared .

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
There's no doubt that God can heal people and it's a dramatic, permanent, and immediate event. But most of the time he doesn't. These faith healing ministries that prey on people's hopes as well as their wallets offer guaranteed healing, but it turns out to be a sham and people's hopes are cruelly dashed. It's arrogant to assume that God is a genie at our beck and call to dispense healing with the right ritual or incantation "in the name of jeee suss". And yet that doesn't mean it can't happen. With what boldness did Peter tell a crippled man, "I don't have silver and gold, but what I have I give to you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, stand up and walk," knowing that it may not be God's will to heal that man. Or was Peter truly operating by the filling of the Holy Spirit, as I believe? I'm hard pressed to take advantage of people's desperation when I truly don't know but that God has a different plan for them than healing their body.

I often cite the healing of the paralyzed man lowered through a rooftop as an example of this. The first thing Jesus says is, "your sins are forgiven." People stood around wondering when Jesus was going to do something. We look for the flashy miracles, the dramatic healings, and dismiss as quotidian the real miracle of a soul translated to salvation.

I have a disease for which there will never be healing in this life. I've been through it all, people have prayed for me, layed on hands, used anointing oil, told me I just need to have faith, "claimed" a healing for me, etc. All to no avail. But what I found is that my trust in God deepened when I asked myself if I could trust in a God who said "no". What if I truly had to wait until heaven until the final and ultimate healing? Can I love God when he says "not now", can I trust him? Moreover, is it God that I love or the goodies that God dispenses?

Christians are not immune from suffering and many suffer cruelly. But we have the opportunity, instead of trying to escape suffering, to unite our sufferings with the sufferings of Christ for the conversion of sinners (see Colossians 1:24). We can allow it to draw us closer to God. We can consider that it may very well be that temporal healing is not in our best interest and be content with the hope of the healing to come.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
This Vale Of Tears said:
There's no doubt that God can heal people and it's a dramatic, permanent, and immediate event. But most of the time he doesn't. These faith healing ministries that prey on people's hopes as well as their wallets offer guaranteed healing, but it turns out to be a sham and people's hopes are cruelly dashed. It's arrogant to assume that God is a genie at our beck and call to dispense healing with the right ritual or incantation "in the name of jeee suss". And yet that doesn't mean it can't happen. With what boldness did Peter tell a crippled man, "I don't have silver and gold, but what I have I give to you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, stand up and walk," knowing that it may not be God's will to heal that man. Or was Peter truly operating by the filling of the Holy Spirit, as I believe? I'm hard pressed to take advantage of people's desperation when I truly don't know but that God has a different plan for them than healing their body.

I often cite the healing of the paralyzed man lowered through a rooftop as an example of this. The first thing Jesus says is, "your sins are forgiven." People stood around wondering when Jesus was going to do something. We look for the flashy miracles, the dramatic healings, and dismiss as quotidian the real miracle of a soul translated to salvation.

I have a disease for which there will never be healing in this life. I've been through it all, people have prayed for me, layed on hands, used anointing oil, told me I just need to have faith, "claimed" a healing for me, etc. All to no avail. But what I found is that my trust in God deepened when I asked myself if I could trust in a God who said "no". What if I truly had to wait until heaven until the final and ultimate healing? Can I love God when he says "not now", can I trust him? Moreover, is it God that I love or the goodies that God dispenses?

Christians are not immune from suffering and many suffer cruelly. But we have the opportunity, instead of trying to escape suffering, to unite our sufferings with the sufferings of Christ for the conversion of sinners (see Colossians 1:24). We can allow it to draw us closer to God. We can consider that it may very well be that temporal healing is not in our best interest and be content with the hope of the healing to come.
Amen Vale! This is truly one of the best answers I have come across in response to those who claim 'unwell Christians' are just of little faith....

I have a chronic illness...and have struggled in discussions with those of the 'health and wealth' gospel.

I think the biggest issue I have with the idea that God will jump and heal me if I just believe enough, is that it totally discounts a Sovereign God. As you say....I cannot know God's will for me in this regard...although the fact that I am still unwell tells me what he wills right now!

It's not that I don't have faith that God can or even will heal me if that is His will....I most certainly do believe! But for me, it's more important to be following His plan for my life. And if that is to be 'unwell', so that (as the OP verse said) "the works of God might be displayed in me"...now, with my illness, and later if and when he heals me....then I trust and rejoice in his perfect plan, and the fact that in my weakness I have come to lean on him and his strength more and more....