Intelligent Design

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, I know I am late on viewing this documentary by Ben Stein, Expelled: No intelligence Allowed, but wow! To understand the depths of Darwinism and the Nazis. To be introduced the darkest hour of American biology, Eugenics. To see the division wall in science, as compared to the wall in Berlin, is astounding. Now I was aware how those who desire accurate carbon dating, must go about sending the data through second and third parties. I was not aware how militantly oppressive of truth academia is. It seems the roles have reversed from the days of the old Catholic Church suppressing the advancement of truth in knowledge and science, to academia today taking their seat in replacement.

All of those who disregard the viewpoint of a six day creation, in light of a more modern view in compliance with evolution, may want to understand this. For an atheist, evolution is the strongest proponent for their decision against God.

Redeemed86

Oct 14, 2011
I watched that a while ago. As eye opening as it was, I found myself getting equally as angry halfway though watching it. Only God can have the level of patience it takes to see all the conspiring, evil men in the earth and still withhold his wrath.

All I will say is, I hope they can evolve into believers before it's too late.

Reactions: Lively Stone

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
OK, I know I am late on viewing this documentary by Ben Stein, Expelled: No intelligence Allowed, but wow! To understand the depths of Darwinism and the Nazis. To be introduced the darkest hour of American biology, Eugenics. To see the division wall in science, as compared to the wall in Berlin, is astounding. Now I was aware how those who desire accurate carbon dating, must go about sending the data through second and third parties. I was not aware how militantly oppressive of truth academia is. It seems the roles have reversed from the days of the old Catholic Church suppressing the advancement of truth in knowledge and science, to academia today taking their seat in replacement.

All of those who disregard the viewpoint of a six day creation, in light of a more modern view in compliance with evolution, may want to understand this. For an atheist, evolution is the strongest proponent for their decision against God.

Good, you're eyes are starting to open as to what Christ's enemies have been doing all along. I've highly recommended Ben Stein's documentary to as many as will listen.

A greater eye-opener though is, that the pseudo-scientist mentality is a lot older than Nazi Germany and Darwin. Paracelsus was the father of modern chemistry, and he dates back to the 15th century with western Alchemy. And western Alchemy originated from esoteric pagan philosophy mixed with physical science, dating back to ancient Egypt, Mesopotamia and Greece. The father of the atomic theory (atoms) was a Greek philosopher named Democritus, but he probably got the idea from the ancient east.

Alchemy involved the search for the "philosopher's stone", or "fountain of youth" (a pseudo reference to the Waters of Life). They sought some supposed secret panacea chemical formula that would cure all disease and give immortality. In other words, they were searching for a literal way to the Tree of Life and Waters of Life which only belong to God. One of their supposed proofs for nearing it was to be able to produce gold and silver from baser metals (which scientifically has been done). But they have not discovered any such secret but are still looking.

This is what the scientific world has always had among them, a group of pagan philosophers that have maintained the old arcana from the ancient east (probably since Babylon) joined with physical experimentation like in a lab. And they have since of old been looking for God's secret of immortality of life, but haven't been able to find it (nor will they without Christ Jesus).

The idea of cloning, scientific studies to prevent aging, suspended animation through cryogenics, hunting the secrets within genetics, etc., has always involved that group of pagan philosophers mixed among modern science. Once this is understood, then a lot of today's goals of modern science is easily understood in connection with Satan's rebellion of old, and Adam and Eve's loss of access to God's Tree in Life in the midst of His Garden of Eden. That's really what Satan's servants here on earth are trying to discover, on their own, trying to do an end-around God.

Reactions: Marta

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As opposed to the pagans, I see the atheistic movement being the biggest proponent to their cause, at least in our time. It seems this movement to keep God out of everything they can think of is the beginnings of the new world order. ie, government, schools, science, the public square
If you look at the evidence objectively, things seem point in that direction. I would not by far consider myself an expert on this subject, nor have I gathered all the evidence. But the little I have looked into the subject, along with the suppression of truth and the hostility of the left, persuades my view.

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011

Yes these cunning dogs have always looked of an opening and as we are now in the year 2012 we are just so much smarter than all before us. i have heard this said by school kids nowdays as they believe that they are more evolved than their parents.
Our Gov are involved in this brain washing, just the same with likes of Hitler and Starlin did with their political correct hog wash.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had the opportunity to see Andy Stanley in person last year and he delivered one of the greatest pieces of advice I've heard a Christian deliver outside of the Bible and remain completely consistent on the subject with the Bible. The statement was (me paraphrasing a bit):

Don't make a point, make a difference.

I tend to read a lot of news, and one of the recent stories passed around was in reference to one of the leaders of the New Atheist movement, Richard Dawkins. If you don't know the name, a Wikipedia quick search will tell you all you need to know. Dawkins was actually in an interview with the former canon of St. Paul's (who had a run-in with supporting Occupy protesters and subsequently resigned), a man who would qualify as a fairly liberal person in Christian circles. Yet, he [Giles Fraiser] was able to make a difference:

Dawnkins made the statement, in a radio interview, that: "[an] astonishing number [of Christians] couldn’t identify the first book in the New Testament”."

[This exchange followed.]
Fraser: Richard, if I said to you what is the full title of The Origin Of Species, I’m sure you could tell me that.

Dawkins: Yes I could.

Fraser: Go on then.

Dawkins: On the Origin of Species…Uh…With, oh, God, On the Origin of Species. There is a sub-title with respect to the preservation of favoured races in the struggle for life.

Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/9082059/For-once-Richard-Dawkins-is-lost-for-words.html

Returning to my initial statement about making a difference versus a point, I wanted to say that a point is sort of scoring an intellectual goal or touchdown. The idea is that we are able to spit off a zinger (often like the New Atheist movement or many Christian movements) that makes the other person look bad. Our western culture likes the idea of running the person into the ground. You don't defeat the debater, you crush him/her.

Christians, in turn, have often responded in the same way. We've enabled the oversimplification of a belief in Science on one side and at the other end of the ring is a belief in Religion (Christianity). In turn, this sort of places us in the paradigm of each side throwing red meat to its followers. On the New Atheist side, Christians are just ignorant, superstitious, and backwoods people who just deny Science because it doesn't jive with their worldview. In the other corner, we Christians tend to say that New Atheists/Atheists in general are so caught up in their desires to make themselves all-knowing, essentially gods, and just desire to spite Christians.

I, as a Christian, like movies such as Stein's documentary, Expelled. I think we need more of these. However, we Christians need to absolutely self-examine on how we approach this issue. We need to use reason against reason sprinkled with grace(Colossians 4:6). I mean I agree that there is a sense of conspiracy here in that there is a race to build and complete this worldview without God, but as Christians we should pity the desire to construct such a dynamically opposed environment. We should also acknowledge some blame because we often opt for a point over a difference.

Where the difference comes in is what the Bible talks about as a seed. Making a difference is difficult because it's not initially evident. In fact, chances are the person will disagree with you and will often continue to make his/her point, but I promise that seed will undermine more when it germinates over time than any point you can make. Just like the above radio exchange, the Christian could have proceeded to bury Dawkins rhetorically because of the slip-up. Instead, he's letting the point speak for itself, and it's firing conversations about Creation.

Christians tend to shoot their own in this. Are we going to write someone off because they believe the world was created 8,000 years ago? Are we going to write someone off because they believe that God used evolution in Genesis? Are we going to write off young earth or old earth? Or, at the end of the day, can we acknowledge that God created it and quit knifing each other of the details so that we prevent a unified front to a different but still religious worldview as to how the earth formed?

Eugenics - now that is a totally scary area! We have forgotten how much and how close this came to being a mainstream thing not only in Nazi Germany, but here in America as well. Have you folks heard of the sterilization cases in North Carolina, for instance (just last century and less than 100 years ago). Dangerous stuff that needs to be categorically opposed from the Christian perspective.