intentional sins?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Philippians 3:16
16 Nevertheless, to the degree that we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us be of the same mind.

Instead of the Law, the Spirit teaches us what is sin, because perfection goes far deeper than what the law told us. So we walk in the knowledge of truth we've already attained, and the blood of Jesus cleanses us of what we do not know yet, making us sinless, but not yet perfect.

Here is something very interesting about a (subsequent to salvation) work of the flesh, that many would title a "sin".

1.) Setting aside that Romans 4:8 says that a blessing has come to all who are born again, = God does not charge us with our sin in eternity..(Heaven)..

2.) Paul said...."use not your Liberty (in Christ) for an occasion to the FLESH"... paraphrase...."now that you understand that Jesus has your sin, and God does not hold you accountable for them in Eternity (HEaven), because He has already judged Jesus on the Cross for them ALL.. Don't take advantage of this to live a carnal life.

So, beyond understanding all that AMAZING GRACE.... there is this also..:

Every work of the flesh you do, that is a carnal deed...(sin).... as soon as you do it......where is it?
Where?
Its in the PAST.
See, everything you do, is NOW< in... the.... Past..
All the sin you ever committed are in your PAST, even if you committed 456 today.

So, Jesus is 2000 yrs ago on the Cross......YET, this saving Blood of God, this redeeming Blood of Holy Jesus THE Christ, is always paying forward, into the future, FORGIVENESS for all your "sin", (works of the flesh).
This is why when God saved you, on the day He did, He saved you KNOWING you were going to sin more, until you learned how to stop.
Yet, God knowing all this about you, SAVED YOU ANYWAY..
Why would He do that???
See, if you could "willfully sin" yourself into hell later, after you are born again, God would not have saved you because He is smart enough not to waste the blood of Jesus on what is going to go to Hell later...
But, because God knows that He does not charge you for those sins, (works of the flesh) that you commit later......and why? = Because all sin (works of the flesh) are instantly in the PAST where they MEET the eternal Blood of Jesus that is always paying forward its eternal payment of forgiveness and imputed Righteousness.
The Blood of Jesus is always paying into the Future its Redemptive work, while your carnal deeds are always going in the past where they are covered by that Blood that keeps paying forward into eternity, its eternal ATONEMENT.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is something very interesting about a (subsequent to salvation) work of the flesh, that many would title a "sin".

1.) Setting aside that Romans 4:8 says that a blessing has come to all who are born again, = God does not charge us with our sin in eternity..(Heaven)..

2.) Paul said...."use not your Liberty (in Christ) for an occasion to the FLESH"... paraphrase...."now that you understand that Jesus has your sin, and God does not hold you accountable for them in Eternity (HEaven), because He has already judged Jesus on the Cross for them ALL.. Don't take advantage of this to live a carnal life.

So, beyond understanding all that AMAZING GRACE.... there is this also..:

Every work of the flesh you do, that is a carnal deed...(sin).... as soon as you do it......where is it?
Where?
Its in the PAST.
See, everything you do, is NOW< in... the.... Past..
All the sin you ever committed are in your PAST, even if you committed 456 today.

So, Jesus is 2000 yrs ago on the Cross......YET, this saving Blood of God, this redeeming Blood of Holy Jesus THE Christ, is always paying forward, into the future, FORGIVENESS for all your "sin", (works of the flesh).
This is why when God saved you, on the day He did, He saved you KNOWING you were going to sin more, until you learned how to stop.
Yet, God knowing all this about you, SAVED YOU ANYWAY..
Why would He do that???
See, if you could "willfully sin" yourself into hell later, after you are born again, God would not have saved you because He is smart enough not to waste the blood of Jesus on what is going to go to Hell later...
But, because God knows that He does not charge you for those sins, (works of the flesh) that you commit later......and why? = Because all sin (works of the flesh) are instantly in the PAST where they MEET the eternal Blood of Jesus that is always paying forward its eternal payment of forgiveness and imputed Righteousness.
The Blood of Jesus is always paying into the Future its Redemptive work, while your carnal deeds are always going in the past where they are covered by that Blood that keeps paying forward into eternity, its eternal ATONEMENT.

Well, I guess we don't agree on everything. I disagree with a lot of what you have just said.

Reactions: Nancy

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Philippians 3:16
16 Nevertheless, to the degree that we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us be of the same mind.

Instead of the Law, the Spirit teaches us what is sin, because perfection goes far deeper than what the law told us. So we walk in the knowledge of truth we've already attained, and the blood of Jesus cleanses us of what we do not know yet, making us sinless, but not yet perfect.
Not sinless, dead to the consequence of sin, it has no hold on us, no longer seperate us from God.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Although I appreciate the sentiment, it is, in fact, suggesting we *never* have to sin. This is contrary to 1 John 1.

What, specifically, in 1 John 1, is it that you think teaches us that sinning is inevitable?

But we must sin, to some extent, simply because it is in us, and is something we're struggling to overcome.

We do not have to sin, Romans 8:12-13.

But in reality, David in Psalm 119 sang the praises of the Law, in every way possible.

Have you considered the last verse in Psalms 119? it shows forth the truth that everything in the Psalmist's law-keeping only made him a lost sheep.

Paul was not denigrating the Law. How could he when Jesus had in Matt 5 claimed that those who diminished or devalued the Law would be called least in the Kingdom of God?

Paul wrote:

Eph 3:8, Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

But Paul was only saying that the righteousness of the Law, though based on faith and accepted by God,

The righteousness of the Law, though rendered legitimate by faith,

Philippians 3:9 contrasts the righteousness which is by the law with the righteousness of faith. They are mutually exclusive.

Yes, that is why Christ came: to take away our sin by giving us a new nature, making us new creations. You still believe Jesus didn't accomplish what he came to do, believing we are no better than the unsaved sinners those verses are talking about.

You have not read my posts. While Christ does not eradicate the sin nature, He does render it dead so that we do not have to behave according to it.

What is heretical is believing Jesus was powerless to make us sinless now.

1 John 1:8 makes it clear that we are not sinless now. It is not that He is powerless, it is that He has chosen to put these treasures in earthen vessels, that the power and glory may be of Christ and not of us

even while knowing we won't be perfect.

We can indeed be perfected in this life; for Hebrews 10:14 places this work of sanctification in past tense.

What I mean is, we can become like Christ now, but we cannot become 100% like Christ, or sinless, until the resurrection of our bodies.

We can become 100% like Christ, while not sinless; in that it is *as good as though* sin were eradicated from our lives.

See 1 John 3:7, 1 John 4:17.

It is that sin is rendered dead so that we can walk in freedom and victory over sin; even 100% victory from the time that we are sanctified wholly.

Note that this is not salvation but a second benefit that blesses the believer so that he does not have to any more be afflicted in his conscience.

I think I have made my point abundantly clear.

Last edited:

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What, specifically, in 1 John 1, is it that you think teaches us that sinning is inevitable?

The part that says all Christians have sin in them. This is not just a single act of sin, but the *sin nature.* It is what we struggle with every day. I find it hard to believe Christians do not see the flaws in themselves. Maybe they're afraid to look?

All the great and most spiritual Christian ministers I've listened to have admitted how pathetic they are in the presence of Christ. It is not to shame us, but to remind us that we are saved by grace, and must lean heavily upon him for our righteousness and peace.

We do not have to sin, Romans 8:12-13.

We are assured that we have the means to overcome sin. We are not in bondage to sin such that we are unable to obey God. But we are, in a sense, in bondage to the sin nature, such that while it cannot prevent us from being righteous, it does taint our deeds which might've kept us from Salvation had it not been for the grace of Christ.

Have you considered the last verse in Psalms 119? it shows forth the truth that everything in the Psalmist's law-keeping only made him a lost sheep.

Apart from Christ's grace yes, we would be lost. The Law itself had a temporary provision for sin, which were the animal sacrifices. It looked forward to the sacrifice that would bring us eternal life.

Paul wrote:

Eph 3:8, Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

Philippians 3:9 contrasts the righteousness which is by the law with the righteousness of faith. They are mutually exclusive.

Yes, the righteousness of the Law could not earn Eternal Life, though it could please God until Christ came. The righteousness of Christ satisfies God for all eternity, and includes the forgiveness of sins. When we obtain the new nature from Christ, we are saved, and obtain a nature that opts for the righteousness of Christ.

You have not read my posts. While Christ does not eradicate the sin nature, He does render it dead so that we do not have to behave according to it.

I've read all of your posts. Most of our problem is in how we are defining words, or understanding them. We are calling upon the same language for our theology, but understanding that theology differently.

We overcome the sin nature--we don't dispose of it. Our sin nature will indeed be eradicated, but only at the resurrection.

1 John 1:8 makes it clear that we are not sinless now. It is not that He is powerless, it is that He has chosen to put these treasures in earthen vessels, that the power and glory may be of Christ and not of us

Agreed.

We can indeed be perfected in this life; for Hebrews 10:14 places this work of sanctification in past tense.

What is past tense is the work of Christ done to sanctify us. We are not made perfect until the resurrection.

What you read about our "perfection" today has a reference to "maturity," and not "sinless perfection."

We can become 100% like Christ, while not sinless; in that it is *as good as though* sin were eradicated from our lives.

See 1 John 4:17.

It is that sin is rendered dead so that we can walk in freedom and victory over sin; even 100% victory from the time that we are sanctified wholly.

Note that this is not salvation but a second benefit that blesses the believer so that he does not have to any more be afflicted in his conscience.

I think I have made my point abundantly clear.

Yes, you've made your point.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are mistaking the brain for the mind. You can't see my mind. You can't dissect it.

No mistake at all. The mind operates through the brain.

I guess you'll have to speak for yourself. You haven't described my life.

That is not "His grace." You still believe it is unmerited favor. Oh well. You don't have to "fight" to be aligned with Christ. He has done all the work already by giving us His Own Spirit to dwell within us to naturally do His will.

Paul regularly called for Christians to do certain things and to not do certain things. That is a "fight." Ephesians 6.10-17 even depicts this "spiritual warfare" in military terms.

Eph 6.10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.

You still don't know the totality of what Jesus accomplished on that cross. He defeated the works of Satan, while you believe he still lives in you. Well, the devil doesn't live in my nature. I partake of the divine nature, no devils allowed.

All of us who have received the New Nature from Christ have partaken of the Divine Nature. You misrepresent me when you say I believe Satan still lives in me. I don't believe he *ever* lived in me! You really need to check your facts before you tell others what I believe!

You've got it backwards. We live naturally according to our new nature. We would have to choose to quench the Spirit and go back to our vomit. As we grow in the fruit of the Spirit, our "flawed personalities" grow out of committing trespasses. We listen more than we talk, etc. But a true Christian is free from moral sins like "distorting the truth out of biased interests."

Sorry, you're as "biased" as the next person. You may be born again, but you're definitely tainted with sin.

You would like to think Hebrews 10:26-31 is talking about apostasy, and not willful sinning, but think again. Sometimes, I really have to wonder if you know anything about consistently walking in the Spirit, what with telling lies for self interests. Yikes. That reminds me of a psychopath I once new and wish I'd never met.

This is what I mean when I say, "you're tainted with sin."

We were set apart from the time the Spirit filled us, if He did... We've been sanctified (past tense). And we've been filled with the Spirit in order to minister. We are now being glorified to the image of Christ. That is what takes a lifetime.

Christ did the work to sanctify us in the *past.* But what he did will not fully sanctify us, or render us perfect, until the future, at the resurrection. We do have a down payment on our life to come, which is the gift of the Spirit. But this enables us to walk in the grace of Christ, but not yet be perfect.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I can agree to that. But the scriptures you stated, said you believe something about it that is quite alive. J, anyone can come on the forums in the middle of a thread and you could lead them astray with what you wrote. All you would have had to do, was Write this little disclaimer to not be guilty.

But if we confess our sin (to become a Christian) He is faithful and just to forgive us, and cleanse us from ALL unrighteousness.

ALL unrighteousness, J. Now if you say you are without sin, are you still a liar? Don't forget, Christ's blood is not like that of bulls and goats that merely covers sin while it remains; no, Jesus TAKES AWAY our sin, and in Him there is no sin. Christ makes us sinless of willful sins of lawlessness. We may be a long way from perfect, but we can remain sinless by walking in His Spirit consistently, and forgiving others, which I have for 43 years; so if I can, you can too. :)

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No mistake at all. The mind operates through the brain.

Question: do you believe that when we die, and our spirit goes to be with the Lord, is our consciousness with us in heaven, or does it stay with the brain and our spirits are mindless zombies? Do you like horror flicks? I do, but I wouldn't want to actually be a character in one. :)

Paul regularly called for Christians to do certain things and to not do certain things. That is a "fight." Ephesians 6.10-17 even depicts this "spiritual warfare" in military terms.

Eph 6.10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.

I'm afraid you don't know what it is like to be born again with the power of God in you. You still believe you do all this in your own strength. Well, bully for you. I give all the credit to God, because I remember what I was like before I was filled with the Spirit. No strength at all.

All of us who have received the New Nature from Christ have partaken of the Divine Nature.

Well, the divine nature doesn't lie. Do you go in and out of the divine nature back to your fully well and alive carnal nature??? Do you still feed your carnal nature when it is in your best interest?

You may be born again, but you're definitely tainted with sin.

Jesus knew a lot of sinners, yet remained untainted with sin. Just knowing many pathological liars doesn't make me one. Thank goodness, I've only known one actual psychopath. But, still untainted.

But what he did will not fully sanctify us, or render us perfect, until the future, at the resurrection.

Again, you'll just have to speak for yourself. But as you keep telling yourself lies, you'll act like the lies you believe.

Randy, I'm not trying to be right and you wrong. I would love for you to enjoy the abundant life in Christ that is possible. I know! But you are going to have to see what Jesus truly accomplished for us in this life, instead of waiting for the next.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The part that says all Christians have sin in them.

1 John 1:8 does not teach that sinning in the future is inevitable. For the element of sin can be rendered dead so that it has no say over our behaviour...we can walk a consistent life of freedom and victory for the rest of our lives, in fact.

But we are, in a sense, in bondage to the sin nature,

No. If sin is rendered dead in me, it has no authority over me.

The Law itself had a temporary provision for sin,

As I said to you in another thread, I believe that you are speaking of the ceremonial law rather than the moral law. And also, Hebrews 10:4 shows us clearly that the blood of bulls and goats doesn't have the power to take away sins.

Yes, the righteousness of the Law could not earn Eternal Life, though it could please God until Christ came.

It cannot please God until Christ came any more than I could be pleased with my hygiene wearing menstrual rags.

I've read all of your posts.

I was talking to @CharismaticLady there.

We are not made perfect until the resurrection.

entire sanctification is an obtainable goal.

What you read about our "perfection" today has a reference to "maturity," and not "sinless perfection."

"sinless perfection" is a misnomer that is applied to the doctrine of entire sanctification by its enemies in order to set it at variance with 1 John 1:8 as a straw man argument. In all reality, the doctrine doesn't teach that sin is eradicated from us but that it is rendered dead within us.

Also, see the following:

The meaning of mature.

We may be a long way from perfect, but we can remain sinless

1 John 1:8 makes it clear that we are not sinless; while Hebrews 10:14 makes it clear that we can be perfect. Therefore you have it backwards, @CharismaticLady.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See, if you could "willfully sin" yourself into hell later, after you are born again,
Then there is Hebrews 10:26-31 and Luke 8:13.

If a person who is saved from sin (Matthew 1:21) through faith in Jesus Christ, later turns completely away from faith (which would be a sin), they have fallen away and will not enter into heaven...while for all practical purposes they were saved in a temporal sense, as it turns out they were not predestinated as one of the Lord's elect...that, of course, is real salvation.

So then, I would say that the one who has nominal, lukewarm, or shallow faith does not have real salvation, while they do have a salvation that behaves as such for all practical purposes.

It remains that those who believe with a heart faith that is unto righteousness (Romans 10:10) and enduring unto the end (Hebrews 3:6, Hebrews 3:14, Matthew 10:22) have a John 6:47 faith...that is also unto everlasting life...life that can never come to an end.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 1:8 makes it clear that we are not sinless

I have no idea why you insist to believe 1 John 1:8 to be a Christian. What about 1 John 1:6. Are those who walk in darkness, not in the light, Christians? 6, 8 and 10 are all BEFORE Christ. 1 John 1:5-10 is written in contrasts, just as the whole of chapter 3 is written in the Semitic writing style of contrasts.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because the apostle John is a Christian; and he includes himself in the statement.

That is a teaching style. He is part of the human race just as the saved and the unsaved are. J, you are slapping Jesus in the face every time you refer to yourself as a sinner, when he freed you from your sin and are now a child of God. He was faithful and just to cleanse you of ALL unrighteousness, so are no longer a sinner. With you, I feel like I'm always defending Jesus against your willful slander.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a teaching style. He is part of the human race just as the saved and the unsaved are. J, you are slapping Jesus in the face every time you refer to yourself as a sinner, when he freed you from your sin and are now a child of God. He was faithful and just to cleanse you of ALL unrighteousness, so are no longer a sinner. With you, I feel like I'm always defending Jesus against your willful slander.

Well, I am just going to pray for you that the Lord will show you who you are apart from the Holy Spirit, like He did with me.

1Ti 1:15, This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

I pray the Lord that He will do with you what He did with Hezekiah in 2 Chronicles 32:31.

I wouldn't pray for this for you if it weren't a necessity for you in order that you might understand and in order that you might have truth in the inward parts.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 1:8 does not teach that sinning in the future is inevitable. For the element of sin can be rendered dead so that it has no say over our behaviour...we can walk a consistent life of freedom and victory for the rest of our lives, in fact.

No, our Sin Nature is viewed as "dead" as a legal matter. In killing Christ, we killed the one who had the authority to convict us. And so, Christ views our Sin Nature as absolved, because he has forgiven our sin in killing him.

No. If sin is rendered dead in me, it has no authority over me.

We're under a perpetual curse until we die. All of the OT saints had the Sin Nature. The NT saints are no different, except that our Sin Nature can be viewed as legally absolved.

As I said to you in another thread, I believe that you are speaking of the ceremonial law rather than the moral law. And also, Hebrews 10:4 shows us clearly that the blood of bulls and goats doesn't have the power to take away sins.

The Law is a single covenant, and contains both ceremonial and moral elements. It contained animal sacrifices that took away sins on a temporary basis. It did not satisfy God in the long run, ie in regard to giving us eternal life.

The author in talking about "taking away sins" is talking about taking away sins permanently. You're right--the Law couldn't do that!

It cannot please God until Christ came any more than I could be pleased with my hygiene wearing menstrual rags.

Crude. Righteousness under the Law did please God, or He would not have given Israel the Law. The purpose of the Law was so that Israel would obey it, and thus please God, bringing upon themselves God's blessings.

Complete sanctification is not an obtainable in this life.

Reaching maturity is sometimes translated, "becoming perfect." Sinless Perfection is not attainable--not even when we walk in the Spirit.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, our Sin Nature is viewed as "dead" as a legal matter.

It is a practical matter, Galatians 5:24.

It contained animal sacrifices that took away sins on a temporary basis.

That is contrary to Hebrews 10:4.

The author in talking about "taking away sins" is talking about taking away sins permanently.

He is talking about taking away sins period.

The purpose of the Law was so that Israel would obey it,

The purpose of the law is so that man may know that he is a sinner in need of a Saviour, Romans 3:20, Galatians 3:24.

Complete sanctification is not an obtainable in this life.

It is indeed obtainable in this life.

Sinless Perfection is not attainable--not even when we walk in the Spirit.

And again, "sinless perfection" is a misnomer applied to the doctrine of entire sanctification in order to set it at variance with 1 John 1:8 as a kind of straw man argument.

Entire sanctification is obtainable in this life. Apparently you forgot that you lost the argument in the thread in question:

entire sanctification is an obtainable goal.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I am just going to pray for you that the Lord will show you who you are apart from the Holy Spirit, like He did with me.

1Ti 1:15, This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

I pray the Lord that He will do with you what He did with Hezekiah in 2 Chronicles 32:31.

I wouldn't pray for this for you if it weren't a necessity for you in order that you might understand and in order that you might have truth in the inward parts.

Thats just it; I'm never apart from the Holy Spirit. I've repented and received Him 43 years ago. But for the 30 years before that, I sinned. I couldn't help it. Now I can and do naturally with my new nature.

I pray that you repent and actually be baptized in the Holy Spirit. There has to be some reason you can't see the truth.

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @CharismaticLady,
"The buildup of unrepentant sin is like a cup being filled to the brim..."
I do like that saying! And, my guess would be that once the cup of un-repentant sin fills to overflowing, at that point, if not way before sears the conscience.

Romans 6:14
14 "For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace."

Amen! Yet it does have power and still lives in us... "So now, no longer am I the one doing it, but sin which indwells me." "..."... "a different law in the members of my body" as Paul describes it.
I think I might understand why I was always confused with these verses. Sin does not just go away as it is a parasite dwelling in us SOOO-we need to kill the host, the body...the members, the "old man", as the new man!
One would think that The Lord God would have to have some special mercy for new Christians as they shed the old man because it never quite sat well with me that The Holy Spirit could ever possibly dwell along side of sin.

So, still looking over this booklet and seem to get a bit more confused as to all the differing meanings of sin, transgression, iniquity, trespasses. I know you have shared many times the differences but I still find them. This is one for the shelf I think :)

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @CharismaticLady,
"The buildup of unrepentant sin is like a cup being filled to the brim..."
I do like that saying! And, my guess would be that once the cup of un-repentant sin fills to overflowing, at that point, if not way before sears the conscience.

Romans 6:14
14 "For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace."

Amen! Yet it does have power and still lives in us... "So now, no longer am I the one doing it, but sin which indwells me." "..."... "a different law in the members of my body" as Paul describes it.
I think I might understand why I was always confused with these verses. Sin does not just go away as it is a parasite dwelling in us SOOO-we need to kill the host, the body...the members, the "old man", as the new man!
One would think that The Lord God would have to have some special mercy for new Christians as they shed the old man because it never quite sat well with me that The Holy Spirit could ever possibly dwell along side of sin.

So, still looking over this booklet and seem to get a bit more confused as to all the differing meanings of sin, transgression, iniquity, trespasses. I know you have shared many times the differences but I still find them. This is one for the shelf I think :)

It appears you quoted Romans 7 - "a different law in the members of my body." Don't forget Romans 7:14-23 is not a Christian, but Paul when a Pharisee, under the Law of sin and death. Romans 8 is a Christian, because not until we have the Holy Spirit are we a Christian, and the law of sin and death is no longer in the members of his body. Romans 8:2 says, the law of the Spirit of life in Christ has freed me from the law of sin and death.

The Law was holy, but it was weak because it had to be kept by a sinful nature. The Spirit of Christ takes away that sinful nature if the Spirit of God is in us through true repentance. A Christian is NOT IN THE FLESH (very important) if the Spirit of God is in us. And if the Spirit of Christ is not in us, we do not belong to Christ.

One thing I stress that the booklets don't is the power of the Spirit. Leroy doesn't seem to tell you how. It seems to all be knowledge. But it is the true repentance, that only needs to happen once. Once you have the Spirit, you are born again, and you feel the difference in power immediately. And I don't see them differentiating the two types of sin, that the lesser ones are continuously being cleansed as long as we forgive others. So, we can have assurance if we follow the love that is continuously bubbling in our hearts, and forgiving one another. And of course, never going against our conscience.

And as Philippians 3:16 says, walk according to the knowledge of sin that you have attained to. And then keep growing in the Spirit, and He will add more and more knowledge to walk by.

Reactions: Nancy