intentional sins?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I am just going to pray for you that the Lord will show you who you are apart from the Holy Spirit, like He did with me.

1Ti 1:15, This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

I pray the Lord that He will do with you what He did with Hezekiah in 2 Chronicles 32:31.

I wouldn't pray for this for you if it weren't a necessity for you in order that you might understand and in order that you might have truth in the inward parts.

My, my, you do like to take verses out of context don't you? Stop being so ignorant and trusting incompetent false teachers. Taking verses out of context is not a proper method of study. You do the same with 1 John 1:8. Oy vey! 1 Timothy 1:15 was his despicable sin of killing Christians. Of all the apostles, his sins could be considered the worst. Try reading it in context:

12 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord who has enabled me, because He counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry, 13 although I was formerly a blasphemer, a persecutor, and an insolent man; but I obtained mercy because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

We are not in the carnal nature anymore. Why can't you understand that?

Romans 8:9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you.

As long as you have the Spirit indwelling you, you are not in the flesh.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I pray that you repent and actually be baptized in the Holy Spirit. There has to be some reason you can't see the truth.
The reason why I can see the truth (and you can't) is that I take all verses into account; while you discount certain verses that don't fit your fancy.

My, my, you do like to take verses out of context don't you? Stop being so ignorant and trusting incompetent false teachers. Taking verses out of context is not a proper method of study. You do the same with 1 John 1:8. Oy vey! 1 Timothy 1:15 was his despicable sin of killing Christians. Of all the apostles, his sins could be considered the worst. Try reading it in context:

12 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord who has enabled me, because He counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry, 13 although I was formerly a blasphemer, a persecutor, and an insolent man; but I obtained mercy because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

We are not in the carnal nature anymore. Why can't you understand that?

Romans 8:9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you.

As long as you have the Spirit indwelling you, you are not in the flesh.

It (1 Timothy 1:15) is a trustworthy saying and worthy of all acceptation...for each one of us to own the saying for ourselves.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The reason why I can see the truth (and you can't) is that I take all verses into account; while you discount certain verses that don't fit your fancy.

It (1 Timothy 1:15) is a trustworthy saying and worthy of all acceptation...for each one of us to own the saying for ourselves.

So you are a sinner? You can't be a child of God AND a sinner. Choose one.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul in his progression of knowledge as a believer, went from 1 Corinthians 4:4, to 1 Corinthians 15:9, to Ephesians 3:8, to 1 Timothy 1:15...and this indicates that the more mature we grow in Christ, the more we see ourselves as sinners.

Job and Daniel (and I think a few others also) when they came into close proximity with God came to the conclusion that they were vile sinners (Job 40:4 (kjv), Daniel 10:8).

Job 40:3, Then Job answered the LORD, and said,
Job 40:4, Behold, I am vile; what shall I answer thee? I will lay mine hand upon my mouth.
Job 40:5, Once have I spoken; but I will not answer: yea, twice; but I will proceed no further.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul in his progression of knowledge as a believer, went from 1 Corinthians 4:4, to 1 Corinthians 15:9, to Ephesians 3:8, to 1 Timothy 1:15...and this indicates that the more mature we grow in Christ, the more we see ourselves as sinners.

Job and Daniel (and I think a few others also) when they came into close proximity with God came to the conclusion that they were vile sinners (Job 40:4 (kjv), Daniel 10:8).

I was a baby, I'm a woman now. I was a sinner, I'm a child of God now. Are you still sucking your thumb?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope...I am not dishonest about the fact that I have a sin nature because I have maturity in Christ.

You honestly don't know is what you are honest about.

To sin you must be in the flesh. Romans 8:9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you.

In the Spirit you are not in the flesh, thus don't sin. Those in the Spirit are not sinners, but are now called children of God. The Spirit of Christ makes us free from sin. Romans 8:2-9; 1 John 3:5 and 9. If you don't have the Spirit, you are indeed a sinner. Congratulations.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You honestly don't know is what you are honest about.

To sin you must be in the flesh. Romans 8:9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you.

In the Spirit you are not in the flesh, thus don't sin. Those in the Spirit are not sinners, but are now called children of God. The Spirit of Christ makes us free from sin. Romans 8:2-9; 1 John 3:5 and 9. If you don't have the Spirit, you are indeed a sinner. Congratulations.
I don't deny that I have a sin nature...

But the fact that I do have a sin nature does not make me a "sinner" in the sense of that word meaning a person who sins...

Sin is rendered dead in me so that I am a debtor, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh.

While if you define a "sinner" as someone who has a sin nature, then I am indeed a sinner...and so are you...and so is everyone else this side of heaven.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't deny that I have a sin nature...

But the fact that I do have a sin nature does not make me a "sinner" in the sense of that word meaning a person who sins...

Sin is rendered dead in me so that I am a debtor, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh.

While if you define a "sinner" as someone who has a sin nature, then I am indeed a sinner...and so are you...and so is everyone else this side of heaven.

A sin nature needs to be reborn. Has yours been reborn or not? Mine has, I partake of the divine nature.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Well, I guess we don't agree on everything. I disagree with a lot of what you have just said.

I wrote that Paul said we are not to use our "Liberty in Christ" to enjoy some carnal behavior.

I wrote the Romans 4:8 says that God does not charge us with our sin.

I wrote that the Blood Atonement is the Living Blood of the Living God on the Cross...... that from 2000 yrs ago is saving into Eternity all who are redeemed by it. = born again.

And i wrote that every sin you commit, is instantly in the past.

So, you have an issue with what?
Can you be specific?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A sin nature needs to be reborn. Has yours been reborn or not? Mine has, I partake of the divine nature.
The sin nature does not leave your body when you come to Christ...that which is born of the flesh is flesh. Your flesh doesn't die until you physically die and go on to be in the next life. You can mortify the deeds of the body (Romans 8:12-13).

I want to say that you are taking an awful chance on 1 John 1:8 being according to your interpretation....because if it is in fact faithful to my interpretation, you are deceiving yourself and the truth is not in you...I wouldn't want to take a chance on that.

That is why I don't deny that I have a sin nature...while in my own experience I am baptized in the Holy Ghost and do have victory over practical sin.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The sin nature does not leave your body when you come to Christ...that which is born of the flesh is flesh. Your flesh doesn't die until you physically die and go on to be in the next life. You can mortify the deeds of the body (Romans 8:12-13).

I want to say that you are taking an awful chance on 1 John 1:8 being according to your interpretation....because if it is in fact faithful to my intepretation, you are deceiving yourself and the truth is not in you...I wouldn't want to take a chance on that.

That is why I don't deny that I have a sin nature...while in my own experience I am baptized in the Holy Ghost and do have victory over practical sin.

What does it mean that we are NOT in the flesh if the Spirit of God indwells us?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Then there is Hebrews 10:26-31 and Luke 8:13.

If a person who is saved from sin (Matthew 1:21) through faith in Jesus Christ, later turns completely away from faith (which would be a sin),.

You just listed a sin. You defined the sin as "turns away".
So, that is just one more sin.
Every sin has been paid for and Redeemed by the blood of Jesus.
Turning away, watching an "R" rated movie, using the "F" word........
Can you think of a few more sins a believer will commit this week.
One like you?
And as i said, all sin is solved by Jesus on the Cross.
"where sin abounds, Grace more abounds".

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One like you?
Things like that have been gone from my life for what seems like centuries.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You just listed a sin. You defined the sin as "turns away".
So, that is just one more sin.
Every sin has been paid for and Redeemed by the blood of Jesus.
One like you?
And as i said, all sin is solved by Jesus on the Cross.
"where sin abounds, Grace more abounds".

According to this:"where sin abounds, Grace more abounds" What does grace do to sin?

1. Covers sin
2. Empowers us to overcome the desire to sin.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to this:"where sin abounds, Grace more abounds" What does grace do to sin?

1. Covers sin
2. Empowers us to overcome the desire to sin.
Both (Romans 4:7-8, Titus 2:11-14).

While the testimony is that, in that we cannot sin, we cannot do the things that we would (1 John 3:9, Galatians 5:17).

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Both (Romans 4:7-8, Titus 2:11-14).

While the testimony is that, in that we cannot sin, we cannot do the things that we would (1 John 3:9, Galatians 5:17).

Romans 4 is an Old Testament verse. Sins could only be covered by the blood of bulls and goats while the sin remained. In the New Covenant the desire to sin is taken away so there is no sin.