Intro and Question

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL.... and there aren't here ????
When I say many 'shades' I mean MANY...more that over here Addy....at least we/I can more easily distinguish the differences on this forum.... hard to do over there at times

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When I say many 'shades' I mean MANY...more that over here Addy....at least we/I can more easily distinguish the differences on this forum.... hard to do over there at times
Since reading your communication with Sacred Word... I am confused about what basis people are defining being called a Christian.

I just took it for granted that all those identifying as Christian believe in the Trinity as ONE God and that Jesus is GOD.... apparently this is not so.
I don't think that anyone who does not accept that Jesus is God should identify themselves as a Christian.

Reactions: Truman

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since reading your communication with Sacred Word... I am confused about what basis people are defining being called a Christian.

I just took it for granted that all those identifying as Christian believe in the Trinity as ONE God and that Jesus is GOD.... apparently this is not so.
I don't think that anyone who does not accept that Jesus is God should identify themselves as a Christian.
I see you view completely Addy.

I was raised as a Roman Catholic. And astonishingly, either out of ignorance or carelessness, or not listening attentively, I can tell you honestly I was never taught by the brothers and nuns that Jesus was God, ever. I eventually left this denomination for good as an adult (for another possible discussion). I ALWAYS believed and felt that God was the Father only, and the Son was like Adam with some major differences....and that the Father created him as our Saviour as the only justifiable sacrifice for our sins. The Son was part of the Father although never the same...even today in heaven.....that's my short intro...or appetizer for you...

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We are made in God's image.
Us being sinners, it took a sinless being that is everything we are to pay for us.
If Jesus was not God, then He couldn't pay for our sin.
Then there would be no atonement for sin, and no hope.
Thankfully, John 3:16 is true! :)
The truth is not in you, Sacred Word.
You need to repent and be saved.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are made in God's image.
Us being sinners, it took a sinless being that is everything we are to pay for us.
If Jesus was not God, then He couldn't pay for our sin.
Then there would be no atonement for sin, and no hope.
Thankfully, John 3:16 is true! :)
The truth is not in you, Sacred Word.
You need to repent and be saved.
Why are you 'hitting' on @Sacred Word as if you have no flaws?
Question, yes Yahshua was sinless. Why do you think he was sinless? And the answer is not because he was really God Almighty. You know that Adam was sinless and not God Almighty until he sided with his wife and sinned?

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I see you view completely Addy.

I was raised as a Roman Catholic. And astonishingly, either out of ignorance or carelessness, or not listening attentively, I can tell you honestly I was never taught by the brothers and nuns that Jesus was God, ever. I eventually left this denomination for good as an adult (for another possible discussion). I ALWAYS believed and felt that God was the Father only, and the Son was like Adam with some major differences....and that the Father created him as our Saviour as the only justifiable sacrifice for our sins. The Son was part of the Father although never the same...even today in heaven.....that's my short intro...or appetizer for you...
I have no problem with people's different views and opinions... I just never thought I would have to ask a CHRISTIAN right off the bat if they believe Jesus is God... I thought the word Christian covered that as basis of identification. I identify as Canadian on this site... If I lived in the United States... I would not be accurate in my location. That's my point... but I think you get that...

I too am an outcast of the Catholic Church... I ex-communicated myself... LOL... Two days after my mother died in 2007.... I went to the priest who conducted her funeral and told him I wanted him to bless me and excuse me from ever having to step foot in a Catholic church ever again... as well as tell me I was NOT going to hell because of it.... The priest was a most gracious man... and he did bless me and assured me I was not going to hell if I chose to walk away from the church... That meant NOTHING in reality... I understand he had no power... but it was the beginning of FREEDOM for me...

We are all free to SEARCH for God... and HE promises that if we SEEK HIM... we will find HIM.... Bless you @APAK.
I've told you this before... but I do so appreciate that you communicate with respect.

Reactions: Azim and APAK

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no problem with people's different views and opinions... I just never thought I would have to ask a CHRISTIAN right off the bat if they believe Jesus is God... I thought the word Christian covered that as basis of identification. I identify as Canadian on this site... If I lived in the United States... I would not be accurate in my location. That's my point... but I think you get that...

I too am an outcast of the Catholic Church... I ex-communicated myself... LOL... Two days after my mother died in 2007.... I went to the priest who conducted her funeral and told him I wanted him to bless me and excuse me from ever having to step foot in a Catholic church ever again... as well as tell me I was NOT going to hell because of it.... The priest was a most gracious man... and he did bless me and assured me I was not going to hell if I chose to walk away from the church... That meant NOTHING in reality... I understand he had no power... but it was the beginning of FREEDOM for me...

We are all free to SEARCH for God... and HE promises that if we SEEK HIM... we will find HIM.... Bless you @APAK.
I've told you this before... but I do so appreciate that you communicate with respect.
Thanks and the same to you for your candor

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Your judgement of me is flawed, APAK.
I'm not judging him, I'm telling him the truth.
If you love someone, you'll tell them the truth.
If you don't know Jesus is God, then you don't know Him. Peace.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Morning my twin @Pearl

56e438ac602bb276de5dbbe477a0ea81.jpg
Good afternoon twin sister. :cool:

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi,

I've decided to join this forum.

I am a follower of Yahweh, and friend of Jesus.

The question I have is: I do not believe that Jesus is literally the same as Yahweh. So I believe in attaining Christhood for each individual believer. I do believe that Jesus was the Messiah. I believe that much falsehood has been added to the bible, particularly the new testament, so one needs to be discerning when reading it.

Are my views acceptable at this forum? If I go around posting that Jesus is not Yahweh, and that it breaks the first, and perhaps second and third, commandments to make this claim... am I going to end up being banned?

Are the Christian boards of this forum only for those who believe literally that Jesus is God? Or is it for any follower of Yahweh, follower of Jesus, and believer in Christ and being reborn through the Holy Spirit?

Peace be upon you.
And upon you as well. :)

Welcome to our community.
There are many different opinions about God and Jesus. You're point of view is not unusual here. Don't be afraid to be yourself. :)

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just still confused on what the answer is. Can I be posting in Christian only boards, given that I don't adhere to the mission statement but I do call myself Christian?
Precious friend, A Very Warm Welcome to the board. To answer your question, there are others on the board who deny The LORD JESUS CHRIST IS God Almighty.

THEIR discussion is found in the Unorthodox doctrine Forum.

My personal "study" below was posted THERE, but they Complained
"wrong thread,"
so I Moved it to the Bible Discussion Forum:

The Case FOR Triune GodHead!

Precious friend, Please Be Very Richly Blessed, in your own search For God's Truth!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
G'Day mate...I also do not believe (Joshua/Yahshua)/Jesus is the same as YHWH the Almighty the only true God. To me there is only ONENESS in the Father, who is YHWH alone. And then there is his Son, our Messiah, who is subordinate to the Father. HIs Father who is ours also, birthed him 100% human being and spirit, the 2nd and last Adam over 2000 years ago

Bless you,

APAK
Would he be the second Adam since He was the first to receive the breath of life since the fall of the first?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Partaking of the Divine Nature doesn't make me God. . . What delusional thinking that is, as evident in the error the man of sin makes as mentioned in these verses:
2Th 2:3-4 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; (4) Who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sits in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

If you don't believe Jesus Christ is the incarnation of God you are not born again of the Holy Spirit.
Partaking of His divine nature is being connected to His body. ( part of )

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If this was aimed at me, I like the gospel of Thomas, it's probably my favourite gospel, but I generally haven't read the gnostic texts.

I don't know how close I am to gnostic beliefs, but I don't identify with or try to adhere to gnosticism.

Oh okay. I usually say welcome when someone first comes on. :oops: I had a lot on my mind at the time. So I say welcome to you now.

I recommend the praise and prayer sections. They really do show Christ Jesus.... Like anywhere in the world, you just have to go the the right places to find gems if you stay.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would he be the second Adam since He was the first to receive the breath of life since the fall of the first?

Yes, Christ was indeed the 1st to receive the breath of life, from birth actually, and later empowered (full incrementally given power) by the Father at the real start of his ministry...very good///

Per scripture he is importantly called the 2nd and LAST Adam because he was/is a human as the 1st Adam. And because there is no need of another human Savior and sacrifice for the 1st Adam's sin. Christ the man, as Adam, was human (created and alive by different means/method). And also Christ the 2nd Adam was different from the 1st Adam, possessed the Spirit of his Father from birth and who perfected his mission to the cross and beyond and gained immortality, and for us also, and to be with the Father.

Adam means red man of red blood....a true 100% human being

Reactions: Waiting on him

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I still would like to know how a Christian is defined?? I am not trying to be annoying... but this is really perplexing to me...

On what grounds does one define themselves as a Christian if NOT that Jesus is God??
@lforrest ... I would be interested in hearing what you have to say on this topic.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I still would like to know how a Christian is defined?? I am not trying to be annoying... but this is really perplexing to me...

On what grounds does one define themselves as a Christian if NOT that Jesus is God??
@lforrest ... I would be interested in hearing what you have to say on this topic.

It's too much to ask for us to Judge who is one of the elect. So we just let people say for themselves if they are Christian. On occasion it became evident that someone is not, because they say something contradictory. Then there are those that are obviously not by their conduct, and for their conduct they get banned.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It's too much to ask for us to Judge who is one of the elect. So we just let people say for themselves if they are Christian. On occasion it became evident that someone is not, because they say something contradictory. Then there are those that are obviously not by their conduct, and for their conduct they get banned.
Thank you for this answer... but I guess it still doesn't answer my inquiry... as to what the definition of a Christian is... I assumed that a Christian is defined by someone who believes Jesus is God... I was just really curious about this. I'm not concerned about judging those who don't believe that Jesus is God... I am simply truly baffled.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Thank you for this answer... but I guess it still doesn't answer my inquiry... as to what the definition of a Christian is... I assumed that a Christian is defined by someone who believes Jesus is God... I was just really curious about this. I'm not concerned about judging those who don't believe that Jesus is God... I am simply truly baffled.
The Christian is simply a follower of Jesus Christ.

Reactions: Mayflower

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Christian is simply a follower of Jesus Christ.
Ok... well that makes sense... I guess I just assumed a bit too much. Anyways... I guess this is my week to learn something SHOCKING.
All is well... thank you for the education... LOL

Reactions: Mayflower