Intro and Question

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sacred Word

Apr 24, 2021
NSW
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi,

I've decided to join this forum.

I am a follower of Yahweh, and friend of Jesus.

The question I have is: I do not believe that Jesus is literally the same as Yahweh. So I believe in attaining Christhood for each individual believer. I do believe that Jesus was the Messiah. I believe that much falsehood has been added to the bible, particularly the new testament, so one needs to be discerning when reading it.

Are my views acceptable at this forum? If I go around posting that Jesus is not Yahweh, and that it breaks the first, and perhaps second and third, commandments to make this claim... am I going to end up being banned?

Are the Christian boards of this forum only for those who believe literally that Jesus is God? Or is it for any follower of Yahweh, follower of Jesus, and believer in Christ and being reborn through the Holy Spirit?

Peace be upon you.

Reactions: Amazed@grace

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Sacred Word,

Welcome here to Christianityboard.

Been going through 1 John as of lately, trying to get a jist covering of it's context and post it here for people if they decide they would like to look at the verse by verse - There is a link in my signature ~ All work is done for free and freely given to all here ~ and may God give the increase.

Anyway, this was interesting to find while going through 1 John 1:3 ~ And there are many more observations that can be made in just the first 1 Epistle of John to learn about the Father, and abiding in Christ Yeshua the Lord and Saviour.

1 John 1:3 Young's Literal Translation
that which we have seen and heard declare we to you, that ye also may have fellowship with us, and our fellowship is with the Father, and with His Son Jesus Christ;

Sacred Word

Apr 24, 2021
NSW
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I believe that we are all called to be children of God by attaining the new birth. Jesus was the first to attain the new birth, so in a sense he is "the" son, in the sense of being the firstborn child. In truth, I am a son of God too, and so are millions of others on earth and many more in heaven.

Agios

Jun 2, 2020
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that we are all called to be children of God by attaining the new birth. Jesus was the first to attain the new birth, so in a sense he is "the" son, in the sense of being the firstborn child. In truth, I am a son of God too, and so are millions of others on earth and many more in heaven.
Hi Sacred Word,
Welcome to the forum.

Are you saying you are made righteous and are justified through yourself? Jesus is the only begotten Son, we are not.

Are you raising yourself in the same spot as Christ? If so, what is the point of Christ?

Sacred Word

Apr 24, 2021
NSW
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Justified through myself? What on earth do you mean?

I am 'justified' by my relationship with God. I have been reborn through the holy spirit.

Have you not read in John that we are all given the opportunity to become children of God by being born again?

As for the point of Christ, your question is insulting. Jesus came as the Messiah. There have been several people throughout history who have been of a similar stature as Jesus, especially amongst the Jews. Moses, Abraham etc. They are all of similar standing.

What point are you referring to? Each of us has a purpose to our lives.

Jesus had a momentous purpose to his life. But he is not God and his death does not save us.

Being born again saves us. Partaking of the divine nature thus becoming one with God.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi,

I've decided to join this forum.

I am a follower of Yahweh, and friend of Jesus.

The question I have is: I do not believe that Jesus is literally the same as Yahweh. So I believe in attaining Christhood for each individual believer. I do believe that Jesus was the Messiah. I believe that much falsehood has been added to the bible, particularly the new testament, so one needs to be discerning when reading it.

Are my views acceptable at this forum? If I go around posting that Jesus is not Yahweh, and that it breaks the first, and perhaps second and third, commandments to make this claim... am I going to end up being banned?

Are the Christian boards of this forum only for those who believe literally that Jesus is God? Or is it for any follower of Yahweh, follower of Jesus, and believer in Christ and being reborn through the Holy Spirit?

Peace be upon you.
Welcome to the forum!
Under Community Welcome is a sub forum called Community Announcements....there you will find our forum rules and statement of faith...along with our mission statement.
This should help you understand our position.
God Bless

Sacred Word

Apr 24, 2021
NSW
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Welcome to the forum!
Under Community Welcome is a sub forum called Community Announcements....there you will find our forum rules and statement of faith...along with our mission statement.
This should help you understand our position.
God Bless

Ok, so am I to understand that belief that Jesus and ONLY Jesus being "The Son of God" is a "close-handed" issue, and thus my rejection of this point, on the grounds that it goes against the 10 commandments and is flat out untrue, is regarded as making me, according to this website, not a Christian?

Even Jesus wouldn't be allowed to post here. He certainly didn't see himself as this almighty figure that you guys see him as...

WHERE DO THE TRUE FOLLOWERS OF YAHWEH GO? WE HAVE NO COMMUNITY.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, so am I to understand that belief that Jesus and ONLY Jesus being "The Son of God" is a "close-handed" issue, and thus my rejection of this point, on the grounds that it goes against the 10 commandments and is flat out untrue, is regarded as making me, according to this website, not a Christian?

Even Jesus wouldn't be allowed to post here. He certainly didn't see himself as this almighty figure that you guys see him as...

Most members here a true followers of the teaching of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
If you feel this forum isn't right for you then pray and ask Him to lead you to the right one.
You are welcome to join and we are happy to fellowship with you.
As far as our faith, rules and mission...the owner of this site has every right to express his/her beliefs and establish a set of rules to follow.
I don't know what other forums state but we openly state we are Christian's and follow the beliefs of the Christian faith.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

G'Day mate...I also do not believe (Joshua/Yahshua)/Jesus is the same as YHWH the Almighty the only true God. To me there is only ONENESS in the Father, who is YHWH alone. And then there is his Son, our Messiah, who is subordinate to the Father. HIs Father who is ours also, birthed him 100% human being and spirit, the 2nd and last Adam over 2000 years ago

Bless you,

APAK

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Being born again saves us. Partaking of the divine nature thus becoming one with God.
Partaking of the Divine Nature doesn't make me God. . . What delusional thinking that is, as evident in the error the man of sin makes as mentioned in these verses:
2Th 2:3-4 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; (4) Who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sits in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

If you don't believe Jesus Christ is the incarnation of God you are not born again of the Holy Spirit.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Partaking of the Divine Nature doesn't make me God. . . What delusional thinking that is, as evident in the error the man of sin makes as mentioned in these verses:
2Th 2:3-4 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; (4) Who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sits in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

If you don't believe Jesus Christ is the incarnation of God you are not born again of the Holy Spirit.
That last statement you made needs does serious and clear explanation. Good luck with that....G'Day

Sacred Word

Apr 24, 2021
NSW
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thanks for the replies guys,

Just still confused on what the answer is. Can I be posting in Christian only boards, given that I don't adhere to the mission statement but I do call myself Christian?

I'm making a point about how my views, which are in line with those of Jesus, ostracised me from both Christian and non-Christian communities.

I've come across quite a few born again individuals, but we are the minority everywhere.

So I just want to know if I am allowed to post to this forum given that I don't believe Jesus is God.

Thanks

Kaz

Apr 18, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There's Jesus and there is the Father right? I'm only asking for learning purposes here.

Kaz

Apr 18, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Isn't Jesus The Son a form of God that we can comprehend as humans, because humans cannot possibly comprehend God Himself right?

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for the replies guys,

So I just want to know if I am allowed to post to this forum given that I don't believe Jesus is God.

Thanks
Post away..I do....this site is fairly open to many 'Christian' views, whether you agree with them or not...

Reactions: Sacred Word

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
That last statement you made needs does serious and clear explanation. Good luck with that....G'Day
No luck necessary. Many Scriptures explain that Jesus Christ is the one and only incarnation of God. Here's an example:

Joh 1:11-18 He came unto His own, and His own received Him not. (12) But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name: (13) Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. (14) And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. (15) John bare witness of Him, and cried, saying, This was He of whom I spake, He that comes after me is preferred before me: for He was before me. (16) And of His fulness have all we received, and grace for grace. (17) For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ. (18) No man has seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him.

Sacred Word

Apr 24, 2021
NSW
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ok cool, I will post on whatever catches my attention.

I will try to refrain from confrontation, but I will mention that I often do become confrontational when I catch someone greatly sinning. I am very indignant. Got kicked from a few facebook groups recently.

Will post my views in a fitting way, understanding that I am not of the predominant accepted viewpoint.

Should get into the topic of being reborn.

Rebirth is a change of the soul! It is not the profession of belief in religious dogma, it is a change to the fundamental constitution of who you are.

When you are born again, you become gradually divine, whereby what you do is at the same time coming from God.

This is how it was for Jesus, but we can all attain this! This was the message of the gospels! To attain the new birth and thus become a child of God, having eternal life!