Intro and Question

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The question I have is: I do not believe that Jesus is literally the same as Yahweh. So I believe in attaining Christhood for each individual believer.

Greetings.

If you could, define what the phrase "attaining Christhood" refers to in your belief system.

In Him,
Hidden

Hemlock

Apr 6, 2021
WACO
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sacred Word - there is a board called Theology Forums - it is full of non-trinnies and Not-Godders (those who deny that Jesus is God). Go there with your "Jesus is not God" mumbo-jumbo. They will go gaga over it. They kicked me out because I am Trinitarian and believe Jesus is God.

To each his own.

Sacred Word

Apr 24, 2021
NSW
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Greetings.

If you could, define what the phrase "attaining Christhood" refers to in your belief system.

In Him,
Hidden

I will firstly point out that being born again is the important thing.

Christ is a principle that applies to certain individuals who were born again some time ago. They have been victorious after being "leavened through" as purely divine.

Jesus became Christ at about 30 years old, and was the first to be born again and first to be Christ.

Jesus has a very important place but his message was that we can each attain much of what he attained.

Edit: also I'm not sure if I'm using the term Christ in the correct way. My use of that term is not crucial to my beliefs. It's just a word I use.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sacred Word - there is a board called Theology Forums - it is full of non-trinnies and Not-Godders (those who deny that Jesus is God). Go there with your "Jesus is not God" mumbo-jumbo. They will go gaga over it. They kicked me out because I am Trinitarian and believe Jesus is God.

To each his own.
They 'kicked you out' because you are a Trinitarian...hard to believe...I know of this forum quite well....just saying...so you are certain of this then...

Sacred Word

Apr 24, 2021
NSW
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

To each his own.

Can you link me to the forum?

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you link me to the forum?
Here's the link..Theology Forums

..this 'TheologyForums' forum is liberal although this forum here, is better...for me .....on the other, on that forum they have lively debates that go nowhere and are VERY long and become very boring quickly.....there is more of a range of 'Christians' over there.....more stuff and topics

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ is a principle that applies to certain individuals who were born again some time ago. They have been victorious after being "leavened through" as purely divine.

Jesus became Christ at about 30 years old, and was the first to be born again and first to be Christ.

Ok, now I do not want to sound mean or judgmental here, but there are major flags with this kind of "theology." This is pure New Age "Christ" language you are using. Christ is not a principle, He is a person. And Jesus didn't become "Christ" (which technically means the Messiah) at age 30. He was born the Messiah of the Jews.

Don't take me as being offended in saying this, but if you teach these sorts of things at this Christian forum you are really going to run into strong opposition eventually, and some of it not so kind-spirited. Just telling you, these doctrines you teach would almost universally be regarded by all of Christendom as heretical, which will make you a target of more people than you expect.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Sacred Word

Apr 24, 2021
NSW
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Here's the link..Theology Forums

..this 'TheologyForums' forum is liberal although this forum here, is better...for me .....on the other, on that forum they have lively debates that go nowhere and are VERY long and become very boring quickly.....there is more of a range of 'Christians' over there.....more stuff and topics

The topics look interesting, but there's something about the forum I can't quite put my finger on...

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, now I do not want to sound mean or judgmental here, but there are major flags with this kind of "theology." This is pure New Age "Christ" language you are using. Christ is not a principle, He is a person. And Jesus didn't become "Christ" (which technically means the Messiah) at age 30. He was born the Messiah of the Jews.

Don't take me as being offended in saying this, but if you teach these sorts of things at this Christian forum you are really going to run into strong opposition eventually, and some of it not so kind-spirited. Just telling you, these doctrines you teach would almost universally be regarded by all of Christendom as heretical, which will make you a target of more people than you expect.
And also keep in mind any form of blasphemy is not tolerated nor permitted and will get you a lifetime ban.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you daring to accuse me of blasphemy?
Did I? I don't think you have made any blasphemous posts. There was no accusation in my comment...it is a statement to reiterate our rules on it and how we deal with it.
God Bless

Sacred Word

Apr 24, 2021
NSW
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Did I? I don't think you have made any blasphemous posts. There was no accusation in my comment...it is a statement to reiterate our rules on it and how we deal with it.
God Bless

Ok, well it wasn't clear what you meant.

I am of course not a blasphemer and do not need to be reminded to keep the commandments.

Although while we're on the topic, the church in general blasphemes with all of the false things it says about God.

At least the truth can still be in there somewhere. After all we have the scriptures. But what good is this without a personal relationship with the one true God.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's
Ok, well it wasn't clear what you meant.

I am of course not a blasphemer and do not need to be reminded to keep the commandments.

Although while we're on the topic, the church in general blasphemes with all of the false things it says about God.

At least the truth can still be in there somewhere. After all we have the scriptures. But what good is this without a personal relationship with the one true God.
Being this is the welcome forum and not Eschatology and Prophecy, Christian Debate, or Christian Theology Forum....I am asking that you take your topic of discussion to the area of the forum it pertains to.
Thanks

Sacred Word

Apr 24, 2021
NSW
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's

Being this is the welcome forum and not Eschatology and Prophecy, Christian Debate, or Christian Theology Forum....I am asking that you take your topic of discussion to the area of the forum it pertains to.
Thanks

This stay has proven most unwelcoming.

I'll be moving the discussion right off the forum actually.

I don't need to see where this goes.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This stay has proven most unwelcoming.

I'll be moving the discussion right off the forum actually.

I don't need to see where this goes.
I pray you find the right forum to fit your beliefs.
Have a blessed day.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't understand how someone can call themselves a Christian if they do not believe in God in three persons.
It makes no sense... Jesus is GOD.... the belief in this is WHAT constitutes calling oneself a Christian.

Reactions: Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've decided to join this forum.

I am a follower of Yahweh, and friend of Jesus.

The question I have is: I do not believe that Jesus is literally the same as Yahweh. So I believe in attaining Christhood for each individual believer. I do believe that Jesus was the Messiah. I believe that much falsehood has been added to the bible, particularly the new testament, so one needs to be discerning when reading it.

Are my views acceptable at this forum? If I go around posting that Jesus is not Yahweh, and that it breaks the first, and perhaps second and third, commandments to make this claim... am I going to end up being banned?

Are the Christian boards of this forum only for those who believe literally that Jesus is God? Or is it for any follower of Yahweh, follower of Jesus, and believer in Christ and being reborn through the Holy Spirit?

Peace be upon you.
So @Sacred Word do you belong to one of the sects that teach Jesus is not God?

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Morning my twin @Pearl

56e438ac602bb276de5dbbe477a0ea81.jpg

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The topics look interesting, but there's something about the forum I can't quite put my finger on...
yeah I know what you mean....you can more easily get lost and even accidently stray from Christ's path. It has a different vibe indeed. There are many 'shades' of so-called Christians over there..