"invert" theory I got

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DaDad

Sep 28, 2012
DanielTheSmith said:
Alright, so David Ben-Gurion is the 1st Israeli Prime Minister. Does it go with a Psalms verse? 7 years, huh?

So he's a priest that is anointed. I think I'm pretty good with that.
Hi DTS,

One thing we need to pay attention is the "COMING of an anointed one", so this is a soft transition rather than a hard transition. As such this does not appear in the Psalms until 1948 (see Psalms 48), when David BenGuriion had fully arrived to the nation which he helped conceive:

As early as 1909, Yitzchak Ben Zvi and David Ben Gurion started organizing a secret defense organization in the expectation that Judea would rise again.[1]#_ftn1 By 1917, the British had defeated the Turkish Ottoman’s hold on Palestine, occupying significant regions of the middle east. But borders acceptable to Lebanon, Palestine, Syria, and Egypt had to be negotiated. They were finally established on December 4, 1918 by the British and French.
These boundaries left the Zionists disappointed, but a “Balfour Declaration” issued on November 18, 1918 did provide some assurance. This British document laid the foundation for a Zionist state by the key phrase, “a national home for the Jewish people,” as interpreted by the French, German, and Hebrew with the “connotation of a cozy corner,” but the Arabic translation used the term, “Watan Qaumi,” which meant “national fatherland,” a much more substantiative term.[2]#_ftn2
One of the earliest economic/political/military Zionist organizations was the Histadrut in 1920. David Ben Gurion was made the first Secretary General, and he established a ‘State within a State,’ in Palestine. Ten years later, the Mapai, the Israeli Workers Party, was founded with Ben Gurion as its leader. By 1935, he was elected both chairman of the Zionist Executive and the head of the Jewish Agency.[3]#_ftn3
Truly, David Ben Gurion’s presence was manifest in the prophesied year of 1931 (“from the going forth of the word... to the coming of an anointed one ... there shall be seven weeks”). He continued as a political stalwart, holding the reins of leadership as Prime Minister from 1948 to 1953, and again from 1955 to 1963.

[SIZE=8pt][1][/SIZE] [SIZE=12pt]Amos Elon, Israelis Founders and Sons, Rinehart and Winston, NY, 1971, p. 118[/SIZE]

[SIZE=8pt][2][/SIZE] IBID, pp. 174-175

[SIZE=8pt][3][/SIZE] “David Ben Gurion,” New Encyclopedia Britannica, Encyclopedia Britannica, Inc., Chicago, IL, 15th Ed., Vol. 2, p. 88

So next we should consider that Israel was conceived during troubled times demanding ever increasing defenses:

Dan. 9:25
Then for sixty-two weeks it shall be built again with squares and moat, but in a troubled time.

Note: One should be aware that Israel NEVER HAD A MOAT. In fact, this "moat" has the inference of a political rather than physical influence.

And the next verse:

Dan. 9:26
And after the sixty-two weeks, an anointed one shall be cut off, and shall have nothing;

The event “(a)nd after the sixty-two weeks, an anointed one shall be cut off, and shall have nothing” was fulfilled on November 4, 1995, with the political assassination of Yitzhak Rabin. His death left Israeli Foreign Minister Shimon Peres as the Premier, and in a difficult position. Where Peres had opposed the accord which traded occupied land for ‘peace,’ he immediately found himself obligated to continue Rabin’s policies -- contrary to his and many other Israeli’s preferences. Interestingly enough, the gunman, Yigal Mair, had intended to kill both Rabin and Peres in the November 4th Peace Rally, but Peres left a few minutes early, causing the assassin to focus on his main target. Had Mair succeeded in his dual attempt, Israel would have been left rudderless, “without a successor of sufficient stature to lead the complex peace process.”[1]#_ftn1

[SIZE=8pt][1][/SIZE] Dan Perry, “Police: Peres Was Also On Hit List,” Associated Press, Amarillo Globe, Nov. 24, 1995, p. 14A

With Best Regards,
DD

Floyd

Feb 28, 2014
To interpret Ben Gurion as the "anointed one" is opportunistic in the extreme; and injures the true interpretation. You should say "this is just an idea"!!!
To present this to an apparently new Bible student is reprehensible.
Floyd.

DanielTheSmith

Feb 12, 2014
Thanks for the concern, Floyd. I know there's a lot of varied beliefs and theories on this stuff. I'm just interested to see why people believe this one, especially since I think the time frame comes close to the theory I have going. Next month starts the Blood Moon Tetrads. Hitler was born and died in April. That'll be 69 years from his death next month. The Blood Moon Tetrads is for sure something.

Hay, DaDad. So the political inference of Israel's moat is like their military defense.

And when it says "an anointed one", that means it doesn't have to be the same person as BenGurion.

Alright, alright, I read Psalms 48. I think I'm tracking pretty good.

DaDad

Sep 28, 2012
Hi DTS,

Re: Moat

You might not be aware that Israel has no uranium source, so in the 1960s the United States provided a shipment of "yellow cake" to Israel. It's this type of concept that I would anticipate Daniel is attempting to convey.

Re: Anointed One

The Contemporary English Version offeres an honest assesment of this criteria:

9.25 the Chosen Leader: Or “a chosen leader.” In Hebrew the word “chosen” means “to pour oil (on someone’s head).” In Old Testament times it was the custom to pour oil on a person’s head when that person was chosen to be a priest or a king.

Now the question is, who was "coming" to leadership in 1931, and was that leadership ultimately achieved? Toward this, history tells us that David BenGurion fulfilled both, in which after his term of Prime Minister, another led the country, and then David BenGurion served a second term as Prime Minister.

But of course I'd like to re-emphesize that MOST "translations" only provided for ONE "anointed one" after the falsely summed "sixty-nine" weeks, which Newton correctly observed does "violence" to Scripture. So you really need to be careful what "translation" you're using, because MOST twist the words to more closely match what the "translator" believed to be a fulfillment. And of course, we have already addressed the impossibiity of that "fulfillment" impossibility, and provide it again for your reference:

The history of the exegesis of the 70 Weeks is the Dismal Swamp of O. T. criticism. The difficulties that beset any "rationalistic" treatment of the figures are great enough, but the critics on this side of the fence do not agree among themselves; but the trackless wilderness of assumptions and theories and efforts to obtain an exact chronology fitting into the the history of Salvation, after these 2,000 years of infinitely varied interpretations, would seem to preclude any use of the 70 Weeks for the determination of a definite prophetic chronology. ... "

John Wolvoord, "Daniel, The Key to Prophetic Revelation", Moody Press, Chicago, 1971, p. 217

and ...

This prophesy of the seventy sevens is one of the most difficult in the entire OT, and although the interpretations are almost legion, we shall confine ourselves to the discussion of three which may be regarded as of particular importance.”[1]#_ftn1
Note: According to the dictionary[2]#_ftn2 a legion consists of 3,000 to 6,000 foot soldiers, and 300 to 700 cavalry.

[1] Guthrie & Motyer, p. 699

[2] Webster’s New Twentieth Century Dictionary - 2nd ed, p. 1035

With Best Regards,
DD

DanielTheSmith

Feb 12, 2014
The prophesy of the seventy sevens? Do you think this stuff could go together more than one way?

A curse is like a punishment, right? So, maybe, before Jesus, instead of throwing Cain and people like that straight into hell or something, God would let them live with a punishment/curse for 70 7's. It's like forgiving them for 70 7's, right? 7 generation curse, than a 70 generation curse until Jesus.

It sure is amazing how just the slightest translational differences can change so much. lol

DaDad

Sep 28, 2012
Hi DTS,

Re: More Than One Way

If you have an alternate explanation for Daniel 9 which meets all the dictates of Scripture (given the Scholar's insights), please feel free to pursue that "interpretation". Let me know how this works out for you.

Re: Seven Generation Curse

Is Harry Reid giving you pointers on public speaking? Are Scriptural foundations subject to "adjustment"?

Exodus 20:5 -- (also Exodus 34:7, Numbers 14:18, and Deuteronomy 5:9)
You shall not bow down to them or serve them, for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me,

Beware of contrived doctrines which falsely skew Scripture and/or History.

With Best Regards,
DD

DanielTheSmith

Feb 12, 2014
Hhmmmm... thanks for the 3rd and 4th generation verses, that's definitely something to chew on.

So, is that pretty much it for the Psalms, 70 week deal? Doesn't it end up with Jesus coming in 2018?

I should probably just read the book, huh? lol

Question about the 3rd and 4th generation verses you posted: Why does it say 3rd and 4th? I looked at a few of the translations, and I'm wondering if it's saying "just" the 3rd and the 4th generation? Or the 2nd, 3rd, and sometimes even 4th generation? Like, does it vary due to the severeness of the crime, maybe? Why do you think He does it?

DanielTheSmith

Feb 12, 2014
Hay, anyone who doubts my theory just watch the 1st 2 minutes of the new Perry Stone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_GFarb4Zyo

I hate to say I told you so, DaDad, but this is a pretty bodacious cosign.

I'm not lookin' so much like the beginner now, huh? lol
Here it is again:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80NL4IrrNm4