Is aborting a baby murder?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
ESV Genesis 4:

8 Cain spoke to Abel his brother. And when they were in the field, Cain rose up against his brother Abel and killed him.
LXX used the lexeme G615-ἀποκτείνω.

Exodus 20:

13 You shall not murder.
LXX:

Οὐ φονεύσεις [G5407].

The Didache, also known as "The Teaching of the Twelve Apostles," was written in the 1st century AD. Its authors thought so, Didache 2:

2 ου φονευσεις, ου μοιχευσεις, ου παιδοφθορησεις, ου πορνευσεις, ου κλεψεις, ου μαγευσεις, ου φαρμακευσεις, ου φονευσεις τεκνον εν φθορα ουδε γεννηθεν αποκτενεις.
not you will murder, not you will do adultery, not you will do child sex, not you will do illicit sex, not you will steal, not you will do magic, not you will do sorcery, not you will murder child to destruction neither newly begotten in the womb you will kill.
Lightfoot:

Thou shalt do no murder, thou shalt not commit adultery, thou shalt not corrupt boys, thou shalt not commit fornication, {thou shalt not steal,} thou shalt not deal in magic, thou shalt do no sorcery, thou shalt not murder a child by abortion nor kill them when born.
The Christians of Didache, around the time of the apostles, believed that the artificial destruction of a fetus/child inside or outside the womb was murder and killing.

See also When does soul life begin in the womb?.

Last edited:

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who is the Creator of ALL life?

Does God always give good gifts?

Is life a gift?

Can God be thwarted?

At what point is someone else's life more important than your own?
Inconvenience?
Intrusion?

Is adoption so offensive?

A better question is who SHOULD have a logistical say in whether or not an abortion should be performed? Mother? Father? Parent? Priest/Pastor? State? Federal Government?
Women "baby trapping" men. Men baby trapping women. Women using children to gain a portion of men's paychecks.

If totally against abortion how have you assisted single mothers in raising their children?

At what point during a pregnancy should abortion no longer be an option?

There's a million rabbit holes to walk down?

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you have your baby killed and you still make it to heaven you will see that baby and get to tell him why you had no love and had him killed.THINK!!

Reactions: Randy Kluth

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Is aborting a baby murder?​

aborting a baby murder!.....sounds like a plan!

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ESV Genesis 4:

LXX used the lexeme G615-ἀποκτείνω.

Exodus 20:

LXX:

The Didache, also known as "The Teaching of the Twelve Apostles," was written in the 1st century AD. Its authors thought so, Didache 2:

Lightfoot:

The Christians of Didache, around the time of the apostles, believed that the artificial destruction of a fetus/child inside or outside the womb was murder and killing.

See also When does soul life begin in the womb?.
I do not know at what moment a life begins. Therefore, I am against abortion with just a couple of exceptions. If the mother's life is in danger because of her pregnancy, or if the pregnancy is the result of rape, I have no objection to abortion.

shipeichong

Jan 19, 2019
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Country
Singapore
I am against abortion except in the case where the mother's life is threatened.
I think fetuses are actual human lives with human souls.

Reactions: TonyChanYT

Always

Oct 23, 2023
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Abortion done for convenience, is murder with malice, I don't want this situation at this time, I have to finish school, etc. Murder has to have an intent connected to it. a woman's life in danger is self-defense and not murder.

Reactions: TonyChanYT

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Jeremiah 1:5 God says, “Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you; before you were born, I sanctified you." If God forms a fetus in the womb, far be it from man to interrupt that process!