Will God punish idolaters?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Siddhi Koli

Jun 14, 2022
Navi Mumbai
Faith
Christian
Country
India

Deuteronomy 5:7-9

King James Version

7 Thou shalt have none other gods before me.
8 Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the waters beneath the earth:
9 Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me,

Revelation 9:20

King James Version

20 And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk:

Galatians 5:19-21

King James Version

19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Exodus 20:3-6

King James Version

3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

Psalm 135:15-18

King James Version

15 The idols of the heathen are silver and gold, the work of men's hands.
16 They have mouths, but they speak not; eyes have they, but they see not;
17 They have ears, but they hear not; neither is there any breath in their mouths.
18 They that make them are like unto them: so is every one that trusteth in them.

Revelation 21:8

King James Version

8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Leviticus 19:4

King James Version

4 Turn ye not unto idols, nor make to yourselves molten gods: I am the Lord your God.

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sin punishes itself Siddi. It distorts a healthy perspective. Worshipping the created instead of the Creator is one such distortion.....and it bears fruit in relational breakdown with both oneself and with others and results in no peace.

Reactions: Siddhi Koli

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Will God punish idolaters?

I would say;

* Idolatry is one making their faith, praise, glorifying something other than God.

* God provides the knowledge and consequences for a man to choose God over idols.

* God provides a means of correction for men to put away idols and rather choose God.

* God provides the knowledge of the consequences for rejecting God.

* Once a mans bodily life has ceased living it’s natural life…it’s departed living soul…
~ Without God shall suffer dastardly consequence for which the “effects” to “choose” to be “WITH” God forever;
shall cease.

In other words…I suppose a man could call Gods rejection of a man “a Punishment”….
However in reality, it is God “rejecting” a man who freely chose to “reject God”.
Or “in fact”, it IS God being JUST, by Giving that man What He Chose…
Separation from God Forever.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Siddhi Koli