Is Any Denomination Saved?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if any man cannot believe God can change the bread and wine into Bread and Wine, can he believe God can change his corruptible body into the incorruptible?
Don't know what this means? Change bread and wine into bread and wine? Seems redundant.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God saves. The condition for salvation is faith in Jesus as our savior/ Messiah/ Redeemer and King. Nothing needs to be added.
100% agree.
Let's not add theological tests to salvaiton. Granted, theology is hugely important (to state the obvious) but it's not what saves / doesn't save a person.

Reactions: Renniks

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Since it is by not believing is how they are damned, then water baptism does not play a role.

However it is an ordinance for new believers to follow in being His disciples

Hello Enow,

Do you think Jesus gave His followers an empty ritual to perform?

But understand this: there will be terrifying times in the last days.

People will be self-centered and lovers of money, proud, haughty, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, irreligious,

callous, implacable, slanderous, licentious, brutal, hating what is good,

traitors, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God,

as they make a pretense of religion but deny its power. Reject them.

Peace!

Seasoned by Grace

Feb 15, 2020
Northwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think there are too many finger pointers here worrying about everybody else's business and salvation, and not reading Matthew 5:14, Luke 13:23-24 and Matthew 5:21.
Won't be any finger pointers in heaven folks, being your to busy finding fault instead of trying to find Gods truth in the bible FOR YOURSELF.

My name is OLIGOS

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
These quotes literally echo what I said: that LDS Christians believe that the gift of speaking in tongues is for being able to talk to people, particularly to share the Gospel. It's not something to be random babbling or entertainment.

FYI: I am a "Mormon". Been practicing and researching things for decades. I totally acknowledge that you have different views and I ain't going to lift a finger to change that (I consider such to be disrespectful). But I do like clarifying what I and other folks actually believe. And it ain't a party with people babbling and shouting nonsensical stuff.

I do thank you for sharing your views. It does point out how that guy that did the research must have come across some Mormons that were not following instructions on the use of tongues for him to say that, just as Joseph Smith had come across. Obviously he did not researched all Mormons.

However, I will share that I do not represent a church or a denomination as I rely on Him to help me represent Him, the Lord Jesus Christ. That is what being His disciple means, testifying of Him in seeking His glory.

I was a member of a Presbyterian Church but no longer. Apostasy had crept in and nobody seems to be fazed when scripture reproves it. One such apostasy was Promise Keepers program which was a movement of men that swept the nation in 1994. My former church was the center for that movement in the valley. They cannot see the reproofs of scripture from Matthew 5:33-37 & Numbers 30:2 & Ecclesiastes 5:4-7 & Galatians 3:1-4 & Galatians 5:1,5 for why we cannot make ourselves good husbands and good fathers by keeping a promise. If we could make ourselves good by the deeds of the law, then Christ has died in vain ( Galatians 2:20-21 ).

Bad enough that the Graham's Crusade's altar call says that if you are not sure you are saved, make a commitment to follow Christ as if that is not good enough; then they got more specific in how to follow Him by keeping the 7 promises of the Promise Keepers program. And still that is not good enough.

Then they tell a lie that God will give grace for Promise Keepers to keep on trying as they find themselves breaking promises they could not keep. God does not give grace to commit sin. They should have recognized that they cannot keep it by the religious flesh for why they should rest in Him and His promises to us to help us to follow Him.

Then there is that promise that elders and deacons make when taking office in that church. Nowhere in the Bible did it asks any one to do that when taking that office.

Some believers defend it by saying God will help them to keep their commitments and promises. Scripture says He will not because their commitments and their promises means they have to keep it ( Numbers 30:2 & Ecclesiastes 5:4-7 ) and that is why Jesus told us not to do it ( Matthew 5:36 ) for we cannot do it, but Christ can when we live by faith in Him to finish His work in us ( Philippians 1:6-11 & Galatians 5:1,5 )

Their conscience was defiled for they do not see anything wrong with it for why I had to leave ( Titus 1:15-16 ).

So I reckon you too will have to decide if being a disciple of Jesus Christ is the same thing as being a Mormon, because I have seen reports on the internet that Promise Keepers had come into the Mormon and Catholic Churches too.

That is why we are to prove all things by Him by the scriptures kept in the KJV. No church is exempt and thus no believer is exempt. We all have to decide this day Whom we will serve; the Lord Jesus Christ or something else in His name. I chose Him but I found I had to trust Him to help me to do it and I am glad I did in 1994 when confronted with the "holy laughter" movement as well as the Promise Keepers movement. Indeed, both apostate movements joined together at one time in a Promise Keepers convention in St. Louis, Missouri, but I forgot what year that had happened, but mostly, they were and are separate apostate events, even though it is supported by James Ryle (Boulder Valley Vineyard; Board of Directors of Promise Keepers) from the list per this link;

Unholy Laughter

I do not see any Mormon supporting that "holy laughter" movement but I reckon you can verify that it never came to your denomination, but the list of supporters in big name ministry does show how bad it is in the latter days.

So do pray about it today to the Lord Jesus Christ for help in serving only Him in these latter days where faith is hard to find.

Reactions: mjrhealth

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Enow,

Do you think Jesus gave His followers an empty ritual to perform?

I go by the scripture and I do not see you proving otherwise from what I had shared. Water baptism is an ordinance but the power of salvation is given to all those who believe in the preaching of Jesus Christ and Him crucified.

But understand this: there will be terrifying times in the last days.

People will be self-centered and lovers of money, proud, haughty, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, irreligious,

callous, implacable, slanderous, licentious, brutal, hating what is good,

traitors, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God,

as they make a pretense of religion but deny its power. Reject them.

Peace!

I would apply that to Graham's altar call to make a commitment to follow Christ in order to gain the assurance of salvation and to the Promise Keepers program to be good husbands and good fathers, brother.

The power to follow Him is not by the deeds of the law but by faith in Jesus Christ Our Good Shepherd to help us to follow Him.

Seasoned by Grace

Feb 15, 2020
Northwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do thank you for sharing your views. It does point out how that guy that did the research must have come across some Mormons that were not following instructions on the use of tongues for him to say that, just as Joseph Smith had come across. Obviously he did not researched all Mormons.

However, I will share that I do not represent a church or a denomination as I rely on Him to help me represent Him, the Lord Jesus Christ. That is what being His disciple means, testifying of Him in seeking His glory.

I was a member of a Presbyterian Church but no longer. Apostasy had crept in and nobody seems to be fazed when scripture reproves it. One such apostasy was Promise Keepers program which was a movement of men that swept the nation in 1994. My former church was the center for that movement in the valley. They cannot see the reproofs of scripture from Matthew 5:33-37 & Numbers 30:2 & Ecclesiastes 5:4-7 & Galatians 3:1-4 & Galatians 5:1,5 for why we cannot make ourselves good husbands and good fathers by keeping a promise. If we could make ourselves good by the deeds of the law, then Christ has died in vain ( Galatians 2:20-21 ).

Bad enough that the Graham's Crusade's altar call says that if you are not sure you are saved, make a commitment to follow Christ as if that is not good enough; then they got more specific in how to follow Him by keeping the 7 promises of the Promise Keepers program. And still that is not good enough.

Then they tell a lie that God will give grace for Promise Keepers to keep on trying as they find themselves breaking promises they could not keep. God does not give grace to commit sin. They should have recognized that they cannot keep it by the religious flesh for why they should rest in Him and His promises to us to help us to follow Him.

Then there is that promise that elders and deacons make when taking office in that church. Nowhere in the Bible did it asks any one to do that when taking that office.

Some believers defend it by saying God will help them to keep their commitments and promises. Scripture says He will not because their commitments and their promises means they have to keep it ( Numbers 30:2 & Ecclesiastes 5:4-7 ) and that is why Jesus told us not to do it ( Matthew 5:36 ) for we cannot do it, but Christ can when we live by faith in Him to finish His work in us ( Philippians 1:6-11 & Galatians 5:1,5 )

Their conscience was defiled for they do not see anything wrong with it for why I had to leave ( Titus 1:15-16 ).

So I reckon you too will have to decide if being a disciple of Jesus Christ is the same thing as being a Mormon, because I have seen reports on the internet that Promise Keepers had come into the Mormon and Catholic Churches too.

That is why we are to prove all things by Him by the scriptures kept in the KJV. No church is exempt and thus no believer is exempt. We all have to decide this day Whom we will serve; the Lord Jesus Christ or something else in His name. I chose Him but I found I had to trust Him to help me to do it and I am glad I did in 1994 when confronted with the "holy laughter" movement as well as the Promise Keepers movement. Indeed, both apostate movements joined together at one time in a Promise Keepers convention in St. Louis, Missouri, but I forgot what year that had happened, but mostly, they were and are separate apostate events, even though it is supported by James Ryle (Boulder Valley Vineyard; Board of Directors of Promise Keepers) from the list per this link;

Unholy Laughter

I do not see any Mormon supporting that "holy laughter" movement but I reckon you can verify that it never came to your denomination, but the list of supporters in big name ministry does show how bad it is in the latter days.

So do pray about it today to the Lord Jesus Christ for help in serving only Him in these latter days where faith is hard to find.

There are many like you and others I know including myself that are done with the conventional church. More and more true followers of Christ are not just leaving their church, whatever it is, but are BEING CALLED OUT AS I WAS by God and I knew it and so did these men the two men I mentor were called out too, before I met them, and God is bringing us together as we're called. God is moving quietly but very intentionally, so don't give up hope. God will bring you the right people in His perfect timing. He loves you and knows your heart and He will provide. Be patient my friend and pray and let God know how you feel. All will be fine.

God bless you my brother
My name is OLIGOS

Last edited:

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think all Catholics are from Jewish backgrounds, brother, for you to apply that to them.

Look at how the Gentiles were saved; as in before they were water baptized, before they came forward to confess Him with their mouths, they believed the words of Peter and had received the promise of the Holy Spirit for believing and thus were saved.

Acts 10:40 Him God raised up the third day, and shewed him openly; 41 Not to all the people, but unto witnesses chosen before God, even to us, who did eat and drink with him after he rose from the dead. 42 And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead. 43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins. 44 While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word. 45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost. 46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter, 47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we? 48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

I do not believe infant baptism is supported by scripture either.

However, we should look at scripture denying water baptism as a means for salvation. Paul declares this;

1 Corinthians 1:14 I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius; 15 Lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name. 16 And I baptized also the household of Stephanas: besides, I know not whether I baptized any other. 17 For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect. 18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God....21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

That power of God in salvation simply by believing in Him was evident by how the Gentiles were saved in Acts 10:40-48

Peter says the same thing although many misread his words otherwise, because of verse 20.

1 Peter 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water. 21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

Water is used to putting away the filth of the flesh so Peter was speaking against water baptism here in how we are saved. Then he goes on to say it is the answer of a good conscience toward God which is to believe in Him by the resurrection of Jesus Christ is how we are saved.

Then people misuse Mark 16:16 by only thinking of water baptism instead f the baptism with the Holy Ghost that the father sends at our salvation.

Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Since it is by not believing is how they are damned, then water baptism does not play a role.

However it is an ordinance for new believers to follow in being His disciples. And that is not all a church is supposed to do with that discipleship either. They are to be taught in the word to be rooted in the word so they may grown in the knowledge of Him and rest in His promises that He will help them to follow Him by laying aside every weight & sin, proving all things by Him to abstain from all appearances of evil in being witnesses of Him in the world.
Are you saying there are 2 plans of salvation?

Acts 2:38 for Jews and Romans 10:9 for non Jews?

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are many like you and others I know including myself that are done with the conventional church. More and more true followers of Christ are not just leaving their church, whatever it is, but are BEING CALLED OUT AS I WAS by God and I knew it and so did these men the two men I mentor were called out too, before I met them, and God is bringing us together as we're called. God is moving, so don't give up hope. God will bring you the right people in His perfect timing. He loves you and knows your heart and He will provide. Be patient my friend and pray and let God know how you feel. All will be fine.

God bless you my brother
My name is OLIGOS

May God bless you as well, brother OLIGOS.

Seasoned by Grace

Feb 15, 2020
Northwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There are many plans of salvation of man, but only one of God's.

The truth has been deluted so badly or destroyed and replaced with one that men approve.
That's why true believers today are so confused and frustrated .

My name is Oligos

Reactions: Enow

Enow

Feb 5, 2020
Hermitage
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No. Actually, it is the same one for the Jews as there is only one gospel. I believe the way God works for the Jews is because they "were" representing Him to the world which by going into the New Covenant, water baptism was a public witness to their fellow former Jews that they are saved by faith in Jesus Christ.

If we see Acts 2:38 in context, we can see the message in how they were to receive the remission of sins as same as the Gentiles.

Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ. 37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

Now these Jews were convicted for crucifying Jesus Christ Whom they had not believed for why they had crucified Him. The understandable mistake is overlooking "Repent" which was to repent from unbelief was how they were to get the remission of sins and thereby the gift of the Holy Ghost. It is the same as the gospel to the Gentiles, but water baptism was thrown in after that call to "Repent" by turning from unbelief by believing in Him from which many readers thinks that is how one gets the remission of sins, but it isn't. Water baptism was just a public witness of them repenting from unbelief and from Judaism by believing they are saved by faith in Jesus Christ.

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. 39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

That was the promise as it happened with the Gentiles by simply believing in Him, they had received the gift of the Holy Spirit and they were save before water baptism, but by no means water baptism was nothing, because it was an ordinance to follow as a disciple, but as Paul said, the power of God in salvation is by believing in the preaching of the cross, not by water baptism.

Anyway, that call for water baptism ( an ordinance) got mixed in there between the call to repent and for how they were to receive the actual remission of sins and the gift of the Holy Ghost that it is understandable how believers overlook how the remission of sins had actually occurred which was by believing in Him and thereby receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost when they look at the Gentiles.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had come across some Catholics that posted they were not saved yet. Have you?

I did come across more Catholics that said they were saved though.

No I have not. I have known Catholics as well as myself when I was Catholic that many did not want to identify with evangelicals so we would not say the evangelical buzz phrase "that we are saved" in casual conservation. I still don't say it that way I say I am a convert to Christianity

Reactions: Enow

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I have not. I have known Catholics as well as myself when I was Catholic that many did not want to identify with evangelicals so we would not say the evangelical buzz phrase "that we are saved" in casual conservation. I still don't say it that way I say I am a convert to Christianity
Repentance does not bring remission of sins to anyone.
Only water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ brings remission of sins.
Repentance is mandatory prior to water baptism for the remission of sins.

There are several places in Acts that water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ was commanded.
It was not “thrown in”.

Seasoned by Grace

Feb 15, 2020
Northwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. Actually, it is the same one for the Jews as there is only one gospel. I believe the way God works for the Jews is because they "were" representing Him to the world which by going into the New Covenant, water baptism was a public witness to their fellow former Jews that they are saved by faith in Jesus Christ.

If we see Acts 2:38 in context, we can see the message in how they were to receive the remission of sins as same as the Gentiles.

Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ. 37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

Now these Jews were convicted for crucifying Jesus Christ Whom they had not believed for why they had crucified Him. The understandable mistake is overlooking "Repent" which was to repent from unbelief was how they were to get the remission of sins and thereby the gift of the Holy Ghost. It is the same as the gospel to the Gentiles, but water baptism was thrown in after that call to "Repent" by turning from unbelief by believing in Him from which many readers thinks that is how one gets the remission of sins, but it isn't. Water baptism was just a public witness of them repenting from unbelief and from Judaism by believing they are saved by faith in Jesus Christ.

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. 39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

That was the promise as it happened with the Gentiles by simply believing in Him, they had received the gift of the Holy Spirit and they were save before water baptism, but by no means water baptism was nothing, because it was an ordinance to follow as a disciple, but as Paul said, the power of God in salvation is by believing in the preaching of the cross, not by water baptism.

Anyway, that call for water baptism ( an ordinance) got mixed in there between the call to repent and for how they were to receive the actual remission of sins and the gift of the Holy Ghost that it is understandable how believers overlook how the remission of sins had actually occurred which was by believing in Him and thereby receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost when they look at the Gentiles.

My friend, in all respect to your post and opinion here, God didn't just throw in baptism as an afterthought, and no one is saved before baptism. Believing is what brings us to repentance and baptism, and forgiveness of past sin.
Baptism was not an ordinance or as others say a simple declaration of our faith.

Baptism is where we are buried in Christ's death and raised to newness of life, and begin a walk as a new creation. The receiving of the Holy Spirit after baptism is our down payment, or pledge, or deposit or promise, or earnest agreement on our "conditional salvation" that we must continue to work on and endure as Paul taught us, and to run the race, and buffett our bodies as a boxer does to win his prize, or the runner trains to win the prize.

Scripture says "If you have not the Spirit of Christ you are none of His.
How do you get the Spirit of Christ??
Romans6:3 says, "Do you not know that all of us who was BAPTISED INTO CHRIST JESUS, have been baptized into His death.
Then, Romans 8:1 says, '
"Therefore, there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
How did you get into Christ Jesus??
You were baptized.

Remember, "If you have not the spirit of Christ, your none of His."
Think about it some. I had to change my beliefs over the years to as I aged to be 76 years now
There are a lot of ways to think mans way, but only one way to think Gods way.

God bless you my brother and your friends here too and all who read my post.
My name is OLIGOS

Last edited:
Reactions: Truther

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are many plans of salvation of man, but only one of God's.

The truth has been deluted so badly or destroyed and replaced with one that men approve.
That's why true believers today are so confused and frustrated .

My name is Oligos
Yes, Acts 2:38 is the sole plan of salvation for the NT Church.

Folks have skipped Acts and began reading the saints letters to find a plan B out of context.

Crazy, huh?

What is so hard with obeying Acts 2:38?

Folks dislike water like Moe, Larry and Curly?

Nice to meet you...the name is Sean.

Reactions: Seasoned by Grace

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Repentance does not bring remission of sins to anyone.
Only water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ brings remission of sins.
Repentance is mandatory prior to water baptism for the remission of sins.

There are several places in Acts that water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ was commanded.
It was not “thrown in”.

What? I think you wanted to reply to @Enow maybe?