is doing sexual things with a boyfriend/girlfriend sin...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I find there are a lot of hypocrities here. After 22 pages, they still haven't answered a simple question. Is doing sexual things *not talking about sexual intercourse* with a girlfriend/boyfriend a sin? I think not, but they just want to say it is a sin, even though most likely they did it themselves at an early age. They're no role models. I don't know anyone who hasn't done sexual things with they're boyfriend/girlfriend.
I wanted to say, "It's only a sin if you enjoy it!", but your question deserves a serious reply.

Is my understanding correct that by specifying, "*not talking about sexual intercourse*", you are speaking of up to and including oral sex, mutual masturbation, and other fun things married couples do to please each other sexually?

I would answer that if just looking at a woman (or a man) with lust in your heart is as sinful as physically committing adultery (see "Mount, Comma, Sermon on the"; it's there in Matthew 5:27-28), how is what you're asking about any different?

And yes, I've sinned myself in this manner; let's have no illusions on that score. I know how badly I need Jesus. So I won't get all judgy with you if you have sexual desire for a boyfriend. Though I might try to advise you as a brother in Christ and as a grandfather, be careful that you don't let your (very normal!) sexual feelings lead you into trouble.

Last edited:

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
aw, really?
lie-detector-maury.gif

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I wanted to say, "It's only a sin if you enjoy it!", but your question deserves a serious reply.

Is my understanding correct that by specifying, "*not talking about sexual intercourse*", you are speaking of up to and including oral sex, mutual masturbation, and other fun things married couples do to please each other sexually?

I would answer that if just looking at a woman (or a man) with lust in your heart is as sinful as physically committing adultery (see "Mount, Comma, Sermon on the"; it's there in Matthew 5:27-28), how is what you're asking about any different?

And yes, I've sinned myself in this manner; let's have no illusions on that score. I know how badly I need Jesus. So I won't get all judgy with you if you have sexual desire for a boyfriend. Though I might try to advise you as a brother in Christ and as a grandfather, be careful that you don't let your (very normal!) sexual feelings lead you into trouble.
I was talking about touching, even some innocent touching for fun, flirting.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was talking about touching, even some innocent touching for fun, flirting.
Thank you for clarifying that. It's good that you're setting some boundaries between touching (I won't ask "touching where?", but you know I'm in Dad Mode now) and some of the activities I mentioned. Just please be careful. You're going to find (as I and countless others here have found) that those boundaries get a little porous when the action starts getting hot and heavy.

Reactions: thelord's_pearl

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thank you for clarifying that. It's good that you're setting some boundaries between touching (I won't ask "touching where?", but you know I'm in Dad Mode now) and some of the activities I mentioned. Just please be careful. You're going to find (as I and countless others here have found) that those boundaries get a little porous when the action starts getting hot and heavy.
Hot and heavy touching! Is anyone gonna admit truthfully they are unfamiliar with it?

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Actually now I don't think it's possible to do sexual things and not have it lead to sin/fornication, either one, or the other will probably want it. Now I know the answer and that's fine by me. hugging is not sexual but I'd like that! haha

Last edited:

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Me and a girl called Viv did a bit of hugging and kissing when we were 9 years old but it never led to anything more passionate because she'd been eating cheese n' onion crisps and my eyes were watering so much that I made an excuse to go home and put my head under the tap..:)

Reactions: Lambano

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Me and a girl called Viv did a bit of hugging and kissing when we were 9 years old but it never led to anything more passionate because she'd been eating cheese n' onion crisps and my eyes were watering so much that I made an excuse to go home and put my head under the tap..:)
LOL

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Paul says to "flee fornication". He does not say to resist it, as you will lose that battle in your head that leads to the deed itself.
"fornication" is sex outside of marriage.
The way you "flee it" is to not allow yourself to become involved physically with anything that will lead to fornication.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I also think Christians dads should teach their sons to respect women and advise them to have condoms ready.
@Pearl Well, I do think a Christian dad's real service is in showing how to become skilled in the Word rather than in how condom rolling is done. If the young couple are really committed to searching the Scriptures and prayer, then things are unlikely to happen that won't be appropriate until they are married.
(cc @thelord's_pearl )

Last edited:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
or fornication?

(talking about "sexual things", not 'sex' like intercourse)

Well I cannot say with absoluteness whether sexual ""fooling around" with no intercourse is sin.

But I can say this if it has not been mentioned many times already:

Proverbs 6:27
Can a man take fire in his bosom, and his clothes not be burned?

If you play with fire,, it is only a question of time before you are burned!

Status
Not open for further replies.