Is Faith in Jesus Faith to Keep the Law?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
MJR Sick superior health proven.
Whats it say

Mat 15:16 And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding?
Mat 15:17 Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?
Mat 15:18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
Mat 15:19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:
Mat 15:20 These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.

this is what happens when you tread on ones idols which is Why God said, about I shall have no other Gods before me...

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
We are being transformed...

...is Passive, the Pronoun, 'we', being the Subject of itself being, "us" -- "we / us", who, in 8:12 are "DEBTORS" and nothing else, ever, what the "'Direct Object'" of "glory" the "glory" of God! Quote, MJR Sick, "'this is what happens when you tread on ones idols which is Why God said, about I shall have no other Gods before me...'"

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Christiaan Gerhardus Ebersöhn

ALL flesh shall die for his sin which “is transgression of and disobedience to God's All-Truth-in-Jesus-Christ-Law-Principle written in His Word the Scriptures. Romans 8:3, "For what the Law could not do, God Himself, sending his own Son in the likeness of man”, did do— “He, for its sin, condemned sin in the flesh."
Now you understand, yet for a man who claims to be an Ex Jew, should no better than all of us, that the law was never given to the gentiles, and as you see. all men died under the law, those who where under it, but there is no salvation under the law, the law was given because God needed to show mankind his proud and arrogant heart, and to show man, that they could not ever save themselves because no man can keep the law, but seems mankind knows better than God and still many are trying to prove themselves to God.

Joh_7:19 Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law? Why go ye about to kill me?

and still no one does and never will,

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Jesus Christ, "The words that I SPEAK they are spirit and they are life. You search the Scriptures, reading them thinking they bring you life, and they testify of Me, yet you won't come to Me so that you can have eternal life."

Paul his apostle, "If there had a Law been given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by ... HIM, Jesus Christ ... The Law!"

But what do all these of their own 'spirit-filled' and of their own will and power 'born-again', 'Christians' do? They make of the spirit holy to and in themselves, the alpha and omega of God's Spirit of Truth and Law Holy in and of Christ Jesus Himself!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus Christ, "The words that I SPEAK they are spirit and they are life. You search the Scriptures, reading them thinking they bring you life, and they testify of Me, yet you won't come to Me so that you can have eternal life."

Paul his apostle, "If there had a Law been given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by ... HIM, Jesus Christ ... The Law!"

But what do all these of their own 'spirit-filled' and of their own will and power 'born-again', 'Christians' do? They make of the spirit holy to and in themselves, the alpha and omega of God's Spirit of Truth and Law Holy in and of Christ Jesus Himself!
Jesus is not teh law, have you not read

Joh_1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

and even what Christ Himself said

Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Jesus is not the law, no matter how you try to justify keeping it by your flesh you never will..

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

men still proud and boasting

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Now you understand, yet for a man who claims to be an Ex Jew, should no better than all of us, that the law was never given to the gentiles, and as you see. all men died under the law, those who where under it, but there is no salvation under the law, the law was given because God needed to show mankind his proud and arrogant heart, and to show man, that they could not ever save themselves because no man can keep the law, but seems mankind knows better than God and still many are trying to prove themselves to God.

Joh_7:19 Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law? Why go ye about to kill me?

and still no one does and never will,

"CONDEMNED SIN", sir; you have not noticed that it says "CONDEMNED" sir; not justified; not OK'ed; not saved, or glorified! But "CONDEMNED" -- "SIN condemned".

That is why sane men, when they realise that the Law of Christ condemns them for a sin, start to panic and try to justify that sin as themselves; instead of to let go and let God forgive that sin too and specifically, and admit and repent it for BEING SIN and transgression of the Law written both in Scripture and on their heart, but which they rather withstand all their lives speaking many wise and clever words against the Holy Spirit convincing them of sin, of judgement, and, of CHRIST WHO IS THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS and not our own spirit or own choice or own invented law.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Jesus is not the law, no matter how you try to justify keeping it by your flesh you never will..

Jesus is "The Word That In The Beginning Was" God's Word-of LAW no matter how you try to justify SINNING against HIM by your defending instead your not keeping "the Sabbath OF THE LORD your(?) GOD" with "words spoken against the Spirit" -- you never will because Christ "came to do Thy Will...", and "MAGNIFY THY LAW, O GOD!"
Or are you saying Jesus spoke to only the Israelites when He said, "For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed Me because he wrote of ME!"?

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
God needed to show mankind his proud and arrogant heart, and to show man, that they could not ever save themselves because no man can keep the law, but seems mankind knows better than God and still many are trying to prove themselves to God.

God needed to nothing. He could have destroyed man for in the first place having transgressed his WORD. But God instead because He before He made them loved the works of his own hands, showed mercy by having forewarned man not to disobey his Command because he would die because sin is the transgression of the Law OF GOD! Moses came many many years after, only and never had anything to do with the sin problem in the first place.

God also did not need to show mankind his proud and arrogant heart; He created man in his own image without sin or pride. God needed to WARN "very good" man: Disobeying his Command would bring forth a proud and arrogant heart before an even greater fall afterwards, the fall into sin and death.

O sorry, God only commanded the Israelites.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...is Passive, the Pronoun, 'we', being the Subject of itself being, "us" -- "we / us", who, in 8:12 are "DEBTORS" and nothing else, ever, what the "'Direct Object'" of "glory" the "glory" of God! Quote, MJR Sick, "'this is what happens when you tread on ones idols which is Why God said, about I shall have no other Gods before me...'"

Yes, exactly! :)

We are being transformed. Passive Voice. Being done to us. Not by us. Not by some misguided attempt to infiltrate into Israel's covenant with God thinking that we can horn in on the blessings.

Yes. We are debtors to God. I'm not sure you are understanding what I'm saying here.

God makes us better, and this is one description of how. We see His glory reflected in our lives, as He is making His glory to be our glory, just as He has given His righteousness to be our righteousness, His death to be our death, His resurrection to be our resurrection. Yes. It all comes from our God.

Much love!
mark

Reactions: Helen

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe trying to show man can keep the Law has something to do with many trying to prove themselves to God. But what has the Law got to do with all man's crap and crowing roostership?

What has the Law to do with Grace?

Reactions: Helen

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"CONDEMNED SIN", sir; you have not noticed that it says "CONDEMNED" sir; not justified; not OK'ed; not saved, or glorified! But "CONDEMNED" -- "SIN condemned".

That is why sane men, when they realise that the Law of Christ condemns them for a sin, start to panic and try to justify that sin as themselves; instead of to let go and let God forgive that sin too and specifically, and admit and repent it for BEING SIN and transgression of the Law written both in Scripture and on their heart, but which they rather withstand all their lives speaking many wise and clever words against the Holy Spirit convincing them of sin, of judgement, and, of CHRIST WHO IS THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS and not our own spirit or own choice or own invented law.
It is so funny that the lawyers of this world always need to justify sin, is not the law for sinners?? what has the righteouness of Christ got to do with sin.

1Ti_1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

you and all your lawyer friends by your very own words, make yourselves sinners, the very thing you claim the law is supposed to stop you doing, is the very thing you do, the law cannot stop any man from sinning, just look at our prisons.. As I said men ar so stubborn, unwilling to believe and have faith in Christ, to put on His righteousness and so there fore be justifed by Him though faith,

Mat 12:5 Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?
Mat 12:6 But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple.

PAnic over what, my faith is in Christ, I cant save myself...

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
What has the Law to do with Grace?
Imo it's so much easier to dismiss the Law--the only thing we can put a finger on deemed "Holy" in the Bible btw--than to recognize that "the law is insufficient" means that we are to do even better than it, it is the minimum standard iow.

Of course it follows that if there is no law, no confession need ever be made right? I have been documenting the various ways we avoid confession over the last week or so, quite revealing imo. We are all experts at this I guess

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Yes, exactly! :)

We are being transformed. Passive Voice. Being done to us. Not by us. Not by some misguided attempt to infiltrate into Israel's covenant with God thinking that we can horn in on the blessings.

Yes. We are debtors to God. I'm not sure you are understanding what I'm saying here.

God makes us better, and this is one description of how. We see His glory reflected in our lives, as He is making His glory to be our glory, just as He has given His righteousness to be our righteousness, His death to be our death, His resurrection to be our resurrection. Yes. It all comes from our God.

This is the sum-total of all difference between free-will and free grace religion. God does not "'make us better'", and I for one, do not "'see His glory reflected in our lives'" BUT MARRED and grossly caricatured, baddest and saddest in such reflections by the spirit-of-self-filled Christianity -- in a word, in Roman Catholic doctrine.