Is Flat Earth Biblical?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
wWvBecKkSOJBsgzk9Ae3z7duRYUt8iPNP2uteEGtXRotWjcWYny0weq8GwtEocKpsUwxKX7yzZ16lmAsEJkLstifhR2DUJ7lYosVvEVflQ
Two-dimensional understanding of a three-dimensional God?:)

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As a boy my dad would often take me for a ride in his airplane. No matter how far we flew we could see the earth was round. I was more concerned about falling out of the sky!:(

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But we dont follow men .
Exactly my friend .
We know the fruits of the spirit .
But most over look THE FRUIT of the SPIRIT .
And that FRUIT does one thing . IT PROVES what is acceptable to GOD . NOT to man , not to a generation , not to a ever changing society .
ITS what GOD approves . FOLLOW JESUS and LOVE THAT BIBLE . This world and even most churches are in dire trouble .
CLING TO JESUS and feast on that bible . BE ENCOURAGED MY FRIEND .

Every church has its problems and doctrinal issues. they must! OUr assemblies are filled with sinners saved by grace and learning,

It is up to us who have been called as pastors, elders, shepherds and teachers to guide people to greater maturity. Even we who are more mature in teh faith are not perfect. But like I tell people, I believeoiin what I believe in 100%. I may be wrong in it and am willing to change, but to change I must have a stronger biblical and not philosophical or allegorical argument.

Reactions: marks
Dec 8, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I created a video that goes into the above image in great detail...

Here is another version...

full

Quick Summary:
  • Waters Above = Sea of Glass
  • Waters Below = Underworld
  • Firmament = Entire Universe
The so called 'Waters' are Dimensional Barriers that separate our 3D reality from everything else.

Note that Outer Space and Earth's Atmosphere are considered to be the same Heaven in the Bible, which leaves the real Third Heaven as a complete Mystery to the Christian Community.

Sadly...

The concept of a 'Flat Earth' is what happens when One tries to 'dumb down' the Word of God to some primitive way of thinking, and then claim that the Bible was written by 'cavemen' and not inspired by God.

The Truth is that there are concepts and teachings in Scripture that are so advanced, Mankind has yet to wrap its head around them.

As a consequence, the wonderful treasures of the Third Heaven, the Kingdom of God Within, are never taught.

Since the Kingdom of God Within is almost never spoken of, the Christian is unable to perform this most basic of verses...

Matthew 6:33
"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."

As a result, they will never receive the blessings God wishes to give to them.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was asking if "sho" wanted to hear it. I will await their answer, as it is their thread. Otherwise, I don't have time to waste on this.
where is the time wasted? with you... maybe?

makes no difference, as you said, it's not worth my time either... good day.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Simple observation will tell you the earth is round.

Silliness!!

:confused:

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Corner #1. NORTH... Corner #2. East... Corner #3 South.... Corner #4. West

PICJAG
Is that putting a square peg in a round hole or a round peg in a square hole?

:p
Hugs

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if one is on a flat surface, then explain this saying as with other saying, Genesis 12:10 "And there was a famine in the land: and Abram went down into Egypt to sojourn there; for the famine was grievous in the land."

now if one is on a flat surface, where, and which way is down?.

PICJAG
Gen 13:1 And Abram went up out of Egypt, he, and his wife, and all that he had, and Lot with him, into the south.

I was thinking Jacob's ladder..

Egypt is like hell..Hot..
So Abram going up and down in it,,

up and down in it..

wait a minute, wait a minute..

Job 1:7 And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

Sounds like a + cross to me..
interesting..

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Job 26:10
He has inscribed a circle on the face of the waters at the boundary between light and darkness.

I don't ascribe to flat earth theory. However, some time ago I happened on a discussion wherein someone noted that we never see a full live broadcast video of the earth at a distance from space. We see a portion of it, we see the surface part as say E.Musk's rocket was achieving altitude, etc... But we never see a live video from say the Space station in live time and of the whole earth. It's always parts of the surface, or it is recreations of the planet itself.
I haven't checked into all resources to see if that is the case but what I did search and find seems to be in keeping with the observation itself.
You ever notice when they take a picture of the earh, it is always with the same geographical features, usually Africa I believe.
Maybe they're afraid to spin the ball.. idk

:)

Reactions: WaterSong

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a boy my dad would often take me for a ride in his airplane. No matter how far we flew we could see the earth was round. I was more concerned about falling out of the sky!:(
I can see the curve of the earth from the top of the local mountains looking over the ocean.

I can see the curve of the earth as I look at the islands I can see during inversion layers that I can't see otherwise.

I can see that the moon does not glide over us in a circle over the circle of the earth. It's apparent diameter remains the same, whether at the horizon, or directly overhead. There is no diminishing perspective, it remains approx the same distance from the viewer as it orbits.

What is it that causes people to latch onto this stuff??

Much love!

Reactions: Truman

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because the Arctic Ice is so high it acts as a high barricade around the edges of the earth.
just saying
I think you mean Antarctic ice, they seem to ascribe the north pole to the center, and the south pole to the edge.

So . . . Why don't plane trips take so much longer going between points in the southern hemisphere than in the northern hemisphere? IF the earth were flat, the distances would be much much longer in the "southern hemisphere".

Much love!

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you mean Antarctic ice, they seem to ascribe the north pole to the center, and the south pole to the edge.

So . . . Why don't plane trips take so much longer going between points in the southern hemisphere than in the northern hemisphere? IF the earth were flat, the distances would be much much longer in the "southern hemisphere".

Much love!
There a hundreds of videos that could probably explain this much better than I.
And frankly I don't care if it's round or flat. We're here, wherever here is.
And figuring out where we go from wherever we are, to wherever we're going,
is more interesting to me.
Whether it's a crystal ball or a UFO makes no difference as long as we get home.
Amen?
Hugs
:)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
kmkqxZ363xaWLxkXSKnWyg-1200-80.jpg

Why don't flights from Australia to South America cross over the north pole?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There a hundreds of videos that could probably explain this much better than I.
I just need my eyes.

I think those that buy into this "flat earther" stuff deny the evidence of their senses, choosing to embrace the arcane instead. I don't think that's a good idea.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[QUOTE="sho, post: 899161, member: 9302"
wWvBecKkSOJBsgzk9Ae3z7duRYUt8iPNP2uteEGtXRotWjcWYny0weq8GwtEocKpsUwxKX7yzZ16lmAsEJkLstifhR2DUJ7lYosVvEVflQ
][/QUOTE]

10 And it came to pass after seven days, that the waters of the flood were upon the earth.
11 In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.
12 And the rain was upon the earth forty days and forty nights.

Where are these "fountains of the deep" in your diagram? This is water under the crust, not under or around the earth.

Much love!