Is Flat Earth Biblical?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

sho

Oct 14, 2020
Naples
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
wWvBecKkSOJBsgzk9Ae3z7duRYUt8iPNP2uteEGtXRotWjcWYny0weq8GwtEocKpsUwxKX7yzZ16lmAsEJkLstifhR2DUJ7lYosVvEVflQ

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Flat earth is not biblical. In Job God told him of the "circle" (sphere) of the earth.
I'm still working on the four corners.
I think this has something to do with the way they shaved their beards but I'm not sure.

I've watched a lot of video on this subject and I'm not convinced one way or the other.
The circle can be like a plate, or that sea of glass, the Holy See.. is not round global, but flat circular.
I say Holy See, what is it in the OT..

Exo 30:17 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
Exo 30:18 Thou shalt also make a laver of brass, and his foot also of brass, to wash withal: and thou shalt put it between the tabernacle of the congregation and the altar, and thou shalt put water therein.
Exo 30:19 For Aaron and his sons shall wash their hands and their feet thereat:

Deu 28:23 And thy heaven that is over thy head shall be brass, and the earth that is under thee shall be iron.

and all the dirt and sediment in between the heaven and the earth... the sins/dirt washed off in the laver.

I seen some of those images of the earth seen through fish eyed lenses.. makes things appear rounded.

Yup, thats me.. and I got my tin hat on today..
I'm just saying, I don't put my faith in science.. and I don't know until I get on a spaceship and see for myself.
Which will probably never happen because I don't like heights.
So on the fence I remain..
Does it matter?
If it is round or flat, what difference does it make?
Doesn't change my faith in God one bit.
Hugs

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think this has something to do with the way they shaved their beards but I'm not sure.

I've watched a lot of video on this subject and I'm not convinced one way or the other.
The circle can be like a plate, or that sea of glass, the Holy See.. is not round global, but flat circular.
I say Holy See, what is it in the OT..

Exo 30:17 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
Exo 30:18 Thou shalt also make a laver of brass, and his foot also of brass, to wash withal: and thou shalt put it between the tabernacle of the congregation and the altar, and thou shalt put water therein.
Exo 30:19 For Aaron and his sons shall wash their hands and their feet thereat:

Deu 28:23 And thy heaven that is over thy head shall be brass, and the earth that is under thee shall be iron.

and all the dirt and sediment in between the heaven and the earth... the sins/dirt washed off in the laver.

I seen some of those images of the earth seen through fish eyed lenses.. makes things appear rounded.

Yup, thats me.. and I got my tin hat on today..
I'm just saying, I don't put my faith in science.. and I don't know until I get on a spaceship and see for myself.
Which will probably never happen because I don't like heights.
So on the fence I remain..
Does it matter?
If it is round or flat, what difference does it make?
Doesn't change my faith in God one bit.
Hugs

Well Hebrew had no distinct word for "circle and ball. But as the circle is of a compass- that is an omnidirectional word.

And four corners of the earth, is a Hebrew euphemism meaning in all directions. There is nothing to warrant the Jews believing the earth was a cube.

חוּג
Transliteration
chuwg
Pronunciation
khüg חוּג (H2328)
Dictionary Aids
TWOT Reference: circle (1x), circuit (1x), compass (1x).
Outline of Biblical Usage [?]
  1. circle, circuit, compass

2. (BDB) vault (of the heavens)
Job 22:14

Thick clouds are a covering to him, that he seeth not; and he walketh in the circuit H2329 of heaven.
Pro 8:27

When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass H2329 upon the face of the depth:
Isa 40:22

It is he that sitteth upon the circle H2329 of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I created a video that goes into the above image in great detail...

Here is another version...

full

Quick Summary:
  • Waters Above = Sea of Glass
  • Waters Below = Underworld
  • Firmament = Entire Universe
The so called 'Waters' are Dimensional Barriers that separate our 3D reality from everything else.

Note that Outer Space and Earth's Atmosphere are considered to be the same Heaven in the Bible, which leaves the real Third Heaven as a complete Mystery to the Christian Community.

Sadly...

The concept of a 'Flat Earth' is what happens when One tries to 'dumb down' the Word of God to some primitive way of thinking, and then claim that the Bible was written by 'cavemen' and not inspired by God.

The Truth is that there are concepts and teachings in Scripture that are so advanced, Mankind has yet to wrap its head around them.

As a consequence, the wonderful treasures of the Third Heaven, the Kingdom of God Within, are never taught.

Since the Kingdom of God Within is almost never spoken of, the Christian is unable to perform this most basic of verses...

Matthew 6:33
"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."

As a result, they will never receive the blessings God wishes to give to them.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheslightestID

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You ever consider why it was so important to Hillary to break that glass ceiling??

I'm working on Babylonian and Roman and Egyptian Goddesses, aka: Mystery Babylon the Mother of Harlots..
yeah:

Reactions: Base12

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Notice the Floodgates are at the edge of the Universe?

Think Portals and Doorways into Alternate Dimensions...

Revelation 4:1
"After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter."

Yes...

Breaking the 'Glass Ceiling' is a perfect example of what the ultimate purpose of the Tower of Babel was.

The irony is that all Hillary had to do was answer the knock at the door...

Revelation 3:20
"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me."

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting:

Why is 1848 an important year in history?
The year 1848 was initially envisaged because of its importance as the year of revolutions that helped to create the political landscape of modern Europe: the rising political and economic power of the middle classes. liberalism and political democracy. modern nationalism.

The foundation of Babel.

Hugs

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looking at the diagram above.. with the sun and moon in the firmament.

I see the brain. One eye is full of light and the other is partially dark.
Kind of like mote in the eye..
just saying..

Why is it always the women up to stuff in the bible. Like Jacob's mom telling him to wear rough clothes and make him appear as something he is not.
Delilah trying to get Samson to confess his strength so they could bind him.
Their everywhere...
And I'm a woman.. I see it..
The moon worship, Goddess worship.. all this Eve deception..
notice I didn't say snake deception.. I said Eve deception..
unless the snake is a female... hmmm
I don't think so.
I believe the snake is a snake..and so was Eve

anywhoooo..
The world is built on deceptions. You have to step outside the box to see it.
Thank You
Hugs

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And four corners of the earth, is a Hebrew euphemism meaning in all directions. There is nothing to warrant the Jews believing the earth was a cube.
Corner #1. NORTH... Corner #2. East... Corner #3 South.... Corner #4. West

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

Reactions: Ziggy and Base12

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The flat earth is not biblical. The sundial is mentioned in the Bible, and it could not be trusted if the earth were flat.

upload_2020-12-6_14-14-43.png

Reactions: marks and charity

Michael1985

Sep 30, 2020
British Columbia
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
All I have to say is that there are more people now who believe the Earth is flat than there have ever been in human history. I don't see any cause to ascribe to it.

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if one is on a flat surface, then explain this saying as with other saying, Genesis 12:10 "And there was a famine in the land: and Abram went down into Egypt to sojourn there; for the famine was grievous in the land."

now if one is on a flat surface, where, and which way is down?.

PICJAG

Reactions: Ziggy

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All I have to say is that there are more people now who believe the Earth is flat than there have ever been in human history. I don't see any cause to ascribe to it.
Either someone is doing a terrible job of trying to discredit the Bible or...

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not this again!!!

Your little picture shows the water above the earth as being flat, lol. The firmament ENCIRCLED the earth, obviously, and served as a divider between the waters above and below.

Do you not understand that God KNEW He created the earth round??? Or did He need scientists to tell Him this?? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: marks and Truman

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If flat earth is a fact, why have we not yet found the edge?
BINGO. speaking of the edge, if the flood happen, and I believe it did, and the earth is flat, what would stop the water from running over the "EDGES?"

PICJAG

Reactions: TheslightestID