Is Flat Earth Biblical?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
kmkqxZ363xaWLxkXSKnWyg-1200-80.jpg

Why don't flights from Australia to South America cross over the north pole?
I remember a video where they deliberately have flight patterns not go ver specific areas.
I don't know if this is due to magnetic polarization, their instruments.
But they can't fly in a direct line from some points.
Then you have the pilot that flew over the antarctic saying he saw all kinds of mysterious stuff.
I don't know, I don't fly. I tried it once, I didn't like it.
And as far as deep oceanography, I only learned how to swim 5 years ago. So I'm not fond of boats too much either.
Come to think of it, I really don't like travelling much at all.
I spent 10 years on the road trucking and all I know is the sun come up in the east and went down in the west.
And most highways look the same, most big cities look the same, and there is a lot of cows and corn.
It's those little glimpses of a Joshua Tree that you thought was only in cartoons, or those red mountains in the North west, you only seen in the national geographic, or the redwood forests so tall you can't see the sky, the rivers you run beside for miles before they just end,
that's what made it all worth while.
For about a year.
Then the newness wore off and I was ready to go home, but I had 9 more years to go I wasn't planning on.
I only been out of the States 1 time when I was 10 years old on a trip to St.John's in Canada over the Maine border with my Grandma.
I don't remember too much of that either.
So I'm no ecpert on flatness or roundness, I just know all roads lead somewhere.. hopefully, eventually home.
Hugs

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really? Does God intend to deceive us?

Much love!
No, the world does.
I was talking to my daughter today and we started in on different gods like Zeus and Jupiter.. I been working on Diana in Ephesus, so that's how that came about. And then into the sumarians and annanuki.. we talk about anything.. anyways.
When you start digging deep enough you find the Nativity played out over many different ages.
I'm saying the world uses those to deceive people from the true God.
Not that God uses them to deceive us.
Hugs

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just need my eyes.

I think those that buy into this "flat earther" stuff deny the evidence of their senses, choosing to embrace the arcane instead. I don't think that's a good idea.

Much love!
Well the whole world believed it was flat at one point. And then we learned how to make fish lenses and that changed history forever.
I'm sure we'll find a new thing and what we thought was round was really a cyborg cube in space.
What is real?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After this covid thing, I'm not very fond of science.
My question is..
Does it matter?
Will the earth being flat or round have any bearing on one's salvation?
I don't think so..
But that's me.
Hugs

Does it matter?

It depends on how enamoured you are with what is true I suppose. Science just means What We Know.

Much love!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you mean these are these same? Or that Jesus is the Real, and the rest are counterfeit?
The question was about digging deep and finding things that can make one go hmm.
I been that route.
I don't know if God came and talked to other peoples at other times before Moses wrote the first 5 books.. Torah.
Maybe he did visit Egypt in the days of Nimrod, or maybe he did talk with the people in Noah's day.
He took Enoch to heaven and showed him all kinds of things.
I don't know, I wasn't here.
But there are ancient manuscripts concerning things and I'm not a professor in archeology.
Come to think of it.. I don't know a lot of things.
That's why I'm here studying about God and his kingdom.
Because I believe that that is the only truth.
I put my doubts away a long time ago.
About who God is... not about man.. man you never let up on your defences. They can be tricky.
My Bible says not to bow down and worship the hosts of heaven, and that goes for any gods that may or may not have existed in ancient writings.
Jesus is Real, the rest are counterfeit.
Hugs

Reactions: marks

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After this covid thing, I'm not very fond of science.
My question is..
Does it matter?
Will the earth being flat or round have any bearing on one's salvation?
I don't think so..
But that's me.
Hugs
Sure it matters..if we fall into the trap of believing every new age teaching that comes along then we will also be led to believe every wind of doctrine that comes our way.
A double-minded man is unstable in all his ways.
And what that scripture says to me is that if we are not firmly grounded and planted in the Truth of His Word....taught of the Holy Spirit....able to rightly divide the truth...then we can easily be deceived and carried away by every idea that is presented that has a logical interpretation and presentation of its theories.

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You ever notice when they take a picture of the earh, it is always with the same geographical features, usually Africa I believe.
Maybe they're afraid to spin the ball.. idk

:)
Actually I didn't think of that before until your post. I believe I know the earth view you're speaking of. That does seem to ring a bell as the most common view I've seen.
Not even Google earth, generated via satellites, shows the whole earth at a distance. *from space*

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Lord is our hope , our shield and our strength . No matter what we go through HE is with us . Let us honor HIM and praise Him with much thanksgiving .
This life is truly but a vapor . One day life as we know it will be over . Where one spends eternity will truly be all that matters .
In JESUS is this hope and the Only hope for this wonderful eternal life IS in Christ .
Let us cling to Him . Let us be refreshed daily in scriptures . Exhorting one another . Jesus told peter to FEED my Sheep . Peter would years later
say the same thing to the elders he wrote the letter too . Feed the flock among you . Our whole hope lies in JESUS alone . Let us thank God continually .
Being hearers and doers of the Word . Being faithful to HE who has saved us . Let us focus more than ever on the things of GOD , and the HOPE we have at HIS COMING .
The faith that seemed to please JESUS , i notice it several times in the gospels . And each one knew and thought they were not even worthy for HIM .
Like that one man , said I am not even worthy for you to come under my roof ,
Like the lady who had a daughter vexed by the devil , she says , oh yes Lord , but even the dogs eat the crumbs which fall from the childrens table .
Even john , Who knew HE was not even worthy to unstrap the latchet of JESUS Shoe .
Let us simply be thankful , thankful unto HE who has saved us . Clinging to His every word , To the Comforter and looking out for one another .
I Feel so sad for so many . I also feel sad when i see these folks just fighting all the time over these politics . Our hope is in Christ .
If anything let us pray folks repent . Let us focus on the REAL HOPE we have . WHICH IS ETERNAL LIFE , WHICH IS IN JESUS .
Life can be over in an instant . Where one spends eternity , they wont be wishing or hoping in anything of this world . Many will be tormented for ever
And lambs will enjoy eternal life forever . But time is running out . It truly is . NO one even knows if this is their last day on earth either .
We must look out for one another and always be thanking the LORD . Exhorting on pure doctrine . Stirring one another up by way of remembrance .
The hope is not on this earth . HE IS IN HEAVEN . AND HE WILL come for the lambs one day . ON HIS day many are gonna wail . This is truth .
They gonna wail , wishing they had truly known Him . But too late it will be . The time to point to JESUS is now . Time for prayers
and time for all biblical reminders is now . For one day its too late and will be too late for many .
Les is making rounds . That does make my soul happy . I enjoy sisters gems she brings too . Makes my soul real happy .
WE truly have so much hope and so much to be thankful for IN CHRIST . And yes some serious hard times will be coming . BUT EVEN THEN HE WILL BE WITH US .
Let all endure faithful unto the end . Having all hope above on Christ .

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure it matters..if we fall into the trap of believing every new age teaching that comes along then we will also be led to believe every wind of doctrine that comes our way.
A double-minded man is unstable in all his ways.
And what that scripture says to me is that if we are not firmly grounded and planted in the Truth of His Word....taught of the Holy Spirit....able to rightly divide the truth...then we can easily be deceived and carried away by every idea that is presented that has a logical interpretation and presentation of its theories.
Once upon a time making the claim the earth was round could have gotten one a front row seat at their own BBQ.
Just sayin..
Everything coming out today is new age. Do you have a cell phone? How about driverless cars? The Pentagon and the HRC both claim UFO's are real.
I think I know you fairly well Heart2Soul. You have your feet planted on Holy Ground.
Commonsense and a faithful heart.
We won't fall.
We're only passing through, entertained by the museum of life that surrounds us.
As long as we aren't drawn to bow down and worship these new gadgets and ideas, and
As long as we don't lose sight of God, we'll be ok.

Hugs

Reactions: Heart2Soul

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
This sort of outrageous conspiracy theories is what is going to cause Christians to be thought of as outrageous liars.

The gospel message is difficult enough to believe without outrageous and obvious lies being sold right along next to them.

It totally discounts the important message of the Gospel.

And I think that God is going to allow them to be punished double for the spreading of lies.

the problem that so many are overlooking is that the shape of the earth really has nothing to do with Jesus so i dont get why this subject keeps coming up on bible forums. lets say the world is in fact flat, how exactly does this undo anything that Jesus taught, flat earth means Jesus was Greek and not Jewish?? i dont get it?

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@WaterSong @TheslightestID Also I think Flat Earth-ism merely gives believers a bad reputation among unbelievers; like, How ever can those ppl believe something like that? :rolleyes:
I agree. It's one more reason for such people to believe we are delusional.
There's a tee shirt out there, and I saw someone wearing this last year which is why I make mention now, that reads: THE BIBLE WAS WRITTEN BY THE SAME PEOPLE WHO BELIEVED THE EARTH WAS FLAT! :rolleyes:
clear.png

jaybird

Feb 29, 2016
has anyone ever looked into the pillars Boaz and Jachin that were in front of the temple. according to tradition one of them had a globe carved into it representing earth.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Co 9:19 For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.
1Co 9:20 And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;
1Co 9:21 To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.
1Co 9:22 To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.
1Co 9:23 And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you.

Sometimes you have to be a little knowledgable of the secular world in order to open a conversation.
Some use body art, some use science, just enough to open a door instead of just cutting off someone because you don't agree with something they may think about.
If everybody closed doors because the topic didn't fit the mold, nobody would ever be able to be drawn out.

Jde 1:23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

Sometimes you have to start somewhere, and it's not always on your side of the court.
The goal is to get the ball on your side of the court.
Even if you have to go the full four quarters, and even overtime.

I would love to sit at a table with all those publicans and sinners with Jesus and hear what kinds of conversations was taking place. And then just have Jesus get up and walk out because they might be talking about the world being round, or ufo's..
imagine that?
I can't.