Is Genesis 1:1 an act of creation?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I only referenced this to show that phd's or expert opinions don't necessarily create a path to truth. Consider this, the original translators didn't have all the evidence we now possess when they were trying to make the translation and yet the same old text based on the understanding of those men at that time is believed to be a proper translation. Even now we can reference a multitude of bible versions tailored to the specific beliefs of those who want them.
i have to believe that those who seek are still able to find, however. I am persuaded by Scripture that God cares little what one "believes," and cares more about manifesting faith, which is not obscured in any translation that i am aware of.

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i have to believe that those who seek are still able to find, however. I am persuaded by Scripture that God cares little what one "believes," and cares more about manifesting faith, which is not obscured in any translation that i am aware of.

Belief and faith are about the same. If you have faith that Christ is simply God the father in a flesh suit then you would not be having faith in Christ the only direct Son of the Father. This becomes a form of denial which is why it says;

1 John 2:22 “Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son.”

Keep in mind that we are directly told that;
Matthew 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Why do you suppose that there would only be few that find the right path if all we need is faith?

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well i said "manifesting faith," which might be different? Ya, just "having faith" is pretty meaningless to me

Agreed.

To simplify meaning we could say a working faith which is referenced here;
James 2:14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, 16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. 18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

Reactions: bbyrd009

ezekiel

Aug 14, 2013
Faith
Country
United States
2 Cor 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
To those in Christ, ALL things including the Earth is already NEW.
Those who are still waiting to see a NEW Earth are not yet IN CHRIST.

I want not to live on a New Earth and wait not. I tell you so that you may understand the old will be destroyed. Tell me more about who is in Christ and not. If these are not truth then he is not of Christ for Christ is truth.

ezekiel

Aug 14, 2013
Faith
Country
United States
Imagination is a gift how far you take it determines whose gift its from
I will tell you other things God will no longer hold off He will bring all them things to pass as the prophets have said about this time quick.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If God's first words were Gen 1:3 "And God said, let there be light..." and it is further written in John 1:3 that "All things were made by him (the word); and without him (the word)was not any thing made that was made." Then how is it that so many Christian sects believe that Genesis 1:1 was God's first act of creation?
I think that's because God said "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." I don't think that God was confused and forgot some previous creation. Christianity isn't like the eastern religions that give God a terrible memory and an identity crisis.

KBCid

Dec 22, 2011
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that's because God said "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." I don't think that God was confused and forgot some previous creation. Christianity isn't like the eastern religions that give God a terrible memory and an identity crisis.

If as you say that God said "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." referring to himself in third person and this story would have to have occurred at a time when there was a man to be told it then it could not have been his first words since it is quite clear that many things were said by God long before this description of the beginning was conveyed to man.
I would further point out that if God was referring to the Gen 1:1 words as those he himself said at the beginning of the creation wouldn't it be stated in the present tense such as;
"Let the heavens and the earth exist" or "I create the heavens and the earth"...
and yet strangely none of that came to your mind.

Last edited: