Is God evil?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People say God is evil because all the death he causes Bible among other.

Others say God is love.

Others say God is just.

How do we reconcile these things?

God created Evil.

God defines what is Evil.
God defines what is Love.
God defines what is Just.

(And BTW God defined Marriage too).

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Dave L

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Have you yourself watched all of the videos you've posted here??

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God created Evil.
God defines what is Evil.
God defines what is Love.
God defines what is Just.
(And BTW God defined Marriage too).
Glory to God,
Taken
I disagree with you on this. God did Not create evil. The LORD GOD is ALL HOLY & GOOD and Goodness does not create evil. The Bible states that All God originally created was Good.
Satan is the cause of evil.
Why did God create Satan knowing that Satan would cause evil?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I disagree with you on this. God did Not create evil. The LORD GOD is ALL HOLY & GOOD and Goodness does not create evil. The Bible states that All God originally created was Good.
Satan is the cause of evil.
Why did God create Satan knowing that Satan would cause evil?

I would say, to consider the Lords own words about Himself.

Isa 45
[7] I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

God creates opposites, and created men with the ability to reason and make choices of either good or evil, and warns men of the consequences for whatever a man freely chooses.

Glory to God,
Taken

Last edited:
Reactions: Waiting on him

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Isa 45
[7] I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

God creates opposites, and crated men with the ability to reason and make choices of either good or evil, and warns men of the consequences for whatever a man freely chooses.

Glory to God,
Taken
Create evil in the context of making it possible because of free will.

Evil is not a thing, it is an action or thought.

For God to have created evil he would have to be.

But as a freewill action or thought God has freewill.

Reactions: tzcho2

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The critical point here is we all die someday, unless we are raptured.

God says, basically, if we suffer an injustice in this world that he allowed or caused, he will compensate us in eternity.

Sounds like a pretty good trade to me.

Yes, if life in this world of sin and death was all there was, I guess you could make a case that God is unjust. But, since we have the promise of a much better life in His perfect heaven if we are His, then it makes this life much less appealing. I often think about Jesus leaving the perfection of heaven to come here as a sweet vulnerable baby who Satan tried to kill immediately. Life under the Roman Empire was a pretty awful place--how He must have suffered watching the injustice all around Him. Among those heathen who were captured by Israel as slaves, it has been said that being a slave in Israel was much better than being a "free" man among the heathen. When sin runs rampant in a nation--no one is truly free.

Reactions: CoreIssue

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For God to have created evil he would have to be.

You are attempting to Anyalize according to your Carnal Understanding, what is Opposite of what the Lord God Himself claimed.

God IS Thee Creator.
God Reveals His Creations, whether it fits into your Acceptance, has no baring on what is TRUE.

Either you believe Gods WORD is TRUE, or you Don't.

Glory to God,
Taken

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are attempting to Anyalize according to your Carnal Understanding, what is Opposite of what the Lord God Himself claimed.

God IS Thee Creator.
God Reveals His Creations, whether it fits into your Acceptance, has no baring on what is TRUE.

Glory to God,
Taken
It is absolutely true.

What you do not understand is the work create does not just mean originated. It also means causing the conditions under which something can happen.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

God IS Thee Creator.

Glory to God,
Taken

God's word is certainly true, but our understanding of it is sometimes flawed. The Jeremiah 29:11-->"For I know the plans I have for you. They are plans for good and not for evil..." Here, I think it means anything that is "not good" (i.e. not life-giving). God pronounced all that He had done in creating a perfect environment for life on this planet and then creating life itself as "good" and "very good". But then, even though He sees death as His enemy (see 1 Corinthians 15), He "created" death (absence of physical life) in response to the contagion of sin. Think of how much worse this world would be if evil people lived for a very long time. God, who is the Creator of Life, is free to take it as He wills. He is able and willing to provide a world that is much better than this one which is stained by sin and death.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's word is certainly true, but our understanding of it is sometimes flawed. The Jeremiah 29:11-->"For I know the plans I have for you. They are plans for good and not for evil..." Here, I think it means anything that is "not good" (i.e. not life-giving). God pronounced all that He had done in creating a perfect environment for life on this planet and then creating life itself as "good" and "very good". But then, even though He sees death as His enemy (see 1 Corinthians 15), He "created" death (absence of physical life) in response to the contagion of sin. Think of how much worse this world would be if evil people lived for a very long time. God, who is the Creator of Life, is free to take it as He wills. He is able and willing to provide a world that is much better than this one which is stained by sin and death.

Thank you for your comment;
However you did not address the Point;
Do you believe God created Evil?

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is absolutely true.

What you do not understand is the work create does not just mean originated. It also means causing the conditions under which something can happen.

You are playing with words, that we have not discussed, then claiming you have decided I do not understand what you just brought up.

Aside from your words, Scripture teaches God "creates and MAKES".
He makes His creations Alive, He makes His creations Dead. He Provides Choices for His creations to Decide, pick, and freely choose...
Or not.

Glory to God,
Taken

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isa 45[7] I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
God creates opposites, and crated men with the ability to reason and make choices of either good or evil, and warns men of the consequences for whatever a man freely chooses.
Glory to God,
Taken

The word "evil" in Isaiah 45:7 is a translation of a Hebrew word that actually means-- calamity, distress, misery , adversity , affliction --it does not refer to cosmic evil or moral evil.
Cosmic evil occurred from the rebellion of the archangel Lucifer and moral evil occurred when Adam & Eve rebelled against God .

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are playing with words, that we have not discussed, then claiming you have decided I do not understand what you just brought up.

Aside from your words, Scripture teaches God "creates and MAKES".
He makes His creations Alive, He makes His creations Dead. He Provides Choices for His creations to Decide, pick, and freely choose...
Or not.

Glory to God,
Taken
God creates out of nothingness. He creates by reshaping what is.

Freewill is the reshaping of what God made for one purpose to allow for another.