Is God evil?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There’s nothing created that he didn’t create
Genesis 1:31 "“And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was VERY GOOD. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.”
Are you saying that God declared "evil" good?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis 1:31 "“And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was VERY GOOD. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.”
Are you saying that God declared "evil" good?
Brought me to the knowledge of Christ.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remember in that first about creating evil it is contrasting good and evil.

Mankind does both, usually as a mix of both.

As I said before, it's an issue of free will. If man cannot do evil he cannot be good. They are two sides of the same coin.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brought me to the knowledge of Christ.
We need to understand the verse in Isaiah. God will allow trouble, disaster and afflictions which are caused by our own ungodly choices, and he uses these things to chastise, but this is not metaphysical evil. That verse in Isaiah is referring to the natural realm. It is like blaming God for creating sin. God did not create sin. The Bible tells us God is infinite good and He is Holy , Holy , Holy. God is Light and there is no darkness in Him. 1John 8:5 ...."God is light, and in Him is no darkness at all."

Last edited:
Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We need to understand the verse in Isaiah. God will allow trouble, disaster and afflictions which are caused by our own ungodly choices, and he uses these things to chastise, but this is not metaphysical evil. That verse in Isaiah is referring to the natural realm. It is like blaming God for creating sin. God did not create sin. The Bible tells us God is infinite good and He is Holy , Holy , Holy. God is Light and there is no darkness in Him. 1John 8:5 ...."God is light, and in Him is no darkness at all."
Gods not evil, man is. Did you think I was saying God is evil?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

As I said before, it's an issue of free will. If man cannot do evil he cannot be good. They are two sides of the same coin.
I don’t have any trouble doing evil,
But to do good I find not.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Yes--babies and young children are innocent--that is, they don't have knowledge of good and evil. Jacob and Esau are described in Rebekah's womb as having done neither good, nor evil. (Romans 9:11) The grief that parents feel when their child does a deliberate evil for the first time (the loss of innocence) is just a taste of what God the Father and God the Son must have felt when Adam and Eve sinned in the Garden. "What have you done?" is a sob that echos through the generations of mankind. We have a responsibility to be like God--especially God the Son--but apart from Him, we seem quite incapable of being so.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Human evil is an outcome of the fall of mankind.
Adam & Eve were not created as evil.

They were created in the spiritual state of innocence. From the moment they sinned, they knew guilt and shame for the first time. They experienced a death of their innocence and all of heaven likely wept. Jesus maintained His innocence until death. "As in Adam all die, so in Christ shall all be made alive."

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word "evil" in Isaiah 45:7 is a translation of a Hebrew word that actually means-- calamity, distress, misery , adversity , affliction --it does not refer to cosmic evil or moral evil.
Cosmic evil occurred from the rebellion of the archangel Lucifer and moral evil occurred when Adam & Eve rebelled against God .

Ya, well we can split hairs...
God is Good,
God created man Good.
And any deflection from Good, results in the degrading of Good.
God does not Change...men change.
And the change in men falling away from good....has a multiple list of words it can be called;
Sinful, morally wrong, intentionally wrong, incidentally wrong, wicked, evil, dishonest, impure, corrupt, indecent, and on and on.

God can cause distress, misery, calamity, chaos, fear, destruction, death, etc.
And nothing He does or causes IS EVIL, but rather JUST.

Inasmuch as God created Good, so also did He create Evil, according to His OWN word.
I do not find the need to split hairs...

To answer the OP...Is God Evil? No.
God IS Good. And God IS Just.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God creates out of nothingness. He creates by reshaping what is.

I would say, God Created from what did not Exist....
AND
"Makes" things from His Created things.

Freewill is the reshaping of what God made for one purpose to allow for another.

Freewill, I would say, is one choosing and doing what they elect to do.

Glory to God,
Taken

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They were created in the spiritual state of innocence. From the moment they sinned, they knew guilt and shame for the first time. They experienced a death of their innocence and all of heaven likely wept. Jesus maintained His innocence until death. "As in Adam all die, so in Christ shall all be made alive."
What’s the evil about being naked?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
What’s the evil about being naked?
It seems that for the first time after the fall, Adam and Eve felt a conscientious wound about exposing private areas of their bodies.

However, if those areas are indeed covered, then I find it hard to figure why some very conservative Christians even try to give people on a beach trouble because of bikinis, etc.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ya, well we can split hairs...
God is Good,
God created man Good.
And any deflection from Good, results in the degrading of Good.
God does not Change...men change.
And the change in men falling away from good....has a multiple list of words it can be called;
Sinful, morally wrong, intentionally wrong, incidentally wrong, wicked, evil, dishonest, impure, corrupt, indecent, and on and on.

God can cause distress, misery, calamity, chaos, fear, destruction, death, etc.
And nothing He does or causes IS EVIL, but rather JUST.

Inasmuch as God created Good, so also did He create Evil, according to His OWN word.
I do not find the need to split hairs...

To answer the OP...Is God Evil? No.
God IS Good. And God IS Just.

Glory to God,
Taken