Is God evil?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The King James version is wrong there as it is in many other places,

That is your opinion, which I do not share.

such as Easter instead of the correct Passover.

Again your opinion, which should NOT read Passover.

It is the Bible, but a very flawed one.

That is your claim. I wonder what has Influenced your claim...Men or Scripture...
:rolleyes:

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are misquoting and misrepresenting what I said and adding things I NEVER said ...

:rolleyes: Seriously?

You understand ASKING QUESTIONS...
As misquoting, misrepresenting, adding????

FUNNY!

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OP <---> Is God evil?

No.

But according to Scripture, God created the knowledge of Evil, and created Evil....and then told mankind, to stay away from Evil...

And forewarning....BE PREPARED to be accused, called names, disparaged, mocked......by your "Christian" brothers who disagree with you....

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting when some like to take up as much real estate as possible in their posts.

For example?

"..tzcho2 said" The Bible teaches us that the LORD God is Sovereign.

Isaiah 46:10 "Declaring the end from the beginning, And from ancient times things which have not been done, Saying, 'My purpose will be established, And I will accomplish all My good pleasure';"

Our heavenly Father is ultimately in control of everything. God allows/ uses the bad times, disasters, woes, or misfortunes at times to accomplish His plan & for His purposes. Sometimes tests comes as chastisements because we get off the path & that causes consequences at times. The Bible tells us God is loving, patient & merciful also & pours out His grace and mercy and forgiveness. We are told in all things to pray. The Bible also tells us God's ways are not our ways, He is the Creator and sees the end from the beginning & our life and times is in His hands. There is also Satan, who we must contend & God allows tests to happen, but we are more then overcomers through God's beloved Son our Lord & redeemer Jesus Christ! We are promised that He walks with us always & gives us the ultimate victory & eternal life no matter what we sometimes must endure on this earth and it is all for God's glory. We are told to occupy until He comes, because this is enemy territory we are in, though God is in control ultimately & we have been given an instruction manual -the Bible and prophetic scriptures that tells us how it will all unfold. We know that All Wisdom and power belong to our heavenly Father God & HE is the author and finisher of our faith , Hebrews 12:2.
We can look to the book of Job for inspiration how to handle tests when they come, and Apostle Paul all that happened to him- 3X shipwrecked, stoned, whipped, beaten. Sometimes Satan is allowed to buffet us, but it is all under God's sovereignty, through faith & prayer we can call on God for shelter & refuge. I don't know if this meets your question of what should we do with the scripture of Isaiah 47, but that's how I've come to understand these things & God's sovereign will. :)

2 Cor 11:25
"24 Five times I received from the Jews the forty lashes minus one. 25 Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was stoned, three times I was shipwrecked. I spent a night and a day in the open sea. 26 In my frequent journeys, I have been in danger from rivers and from bandits, in danger from my countrymen and from the Gentiles, in danger in the city and in the country, in danger on the sea and among false brothers,

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not happy with anything that alters the Bible into error.

Calling the Pagan celebration Passover...as you IMPLY and suggest it should be....WOULD be the error.

On top of that Easter is pagan.

Eostre or the English version Easter, is a term, Gentiles referenced as A Particular DATE that changes from year to year...
to celebrate the Vernal (Spring) Equinox, relating to winter being over and renewal and rebirth of the beginning of the spring growing season.

Jews in General or Jewish Christ followers, Did not celebrate BIRTH DAYS, or DEATH DAYS, or JESUS' RESURRECTION.

Jewish men Celebrated, PASSOVER, A Particular DATE that changes from year to year...
In remembrance of the Lord not subjecting Jewish Babies in bondage...to death.

Nearing the 2nd Century, (Gentiles WHO began accepting Jesus as their Savior during Jesus' DAY on Earth....) Convened and Chose a PARTICULAR DAY (for Gentile Believers IN Christ,) to collectively COMMEMORATE, on A Particular Day (that changes from year to year)...the Resurrection of Christ the Lord Jesus.....and they called that Particular Day...
EASTER.

Surely, after a couple of thousand years...
You must know the difference between;
WHAT, WHEN, WHY and BY WHOM...
The Passover "DAY" is celebrated
The Vernal Equinox "DAY" is celebrated
Easter "DAY" is celebrated

If adopting the NAME "EASTER" is offensive....

IS it also offensive...for you to call yourself a "CHRISTIAN"?

A name created BY "PAGANS" TO CALL "Jews" who followed the "Jewish Jesus" ?

Glory to God,
Taken

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is your opinion, which I do not share.

Again your opinion, which should NOT read Passover.

That is your claim. I wonder what has Influenced your claim...Men or Scripture...

Glory to God,
Taken
Show me where the Jews ever celebrated Easter.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Calling the Pagan celebration Passover...as you IMPLY and suggest it should be....WOULD be the error.

Eostre or the English version Easter, is a term, Gentiles referenced as A Particular DATE that changes from year to year...
to celebrate the Vernal (Spring) Equinox, relating to winter being over and renewal and rebirth of the beginning of the spring growing season.

Jews in General or Jewish Christ followers, Did not celebrate BIRTH DAYS, or DEATH DAYS, or JESUS' RESURRECTION.

Jewish men Celebrated, PASSOVER, A Particular DATE that changes from year to year...
In remembrance of the Lord not subjecting Jewish Babies in bondage...to death.

Nearing the 2nd Century, (Gentiles WHO began accepting Jesus as their Savior during Jesus' DAY on Earth....) Convened and Chose a PARTICULAR DAY (for Gentile Believers IN Christ,) to collectively COMMEMORATE, on A Particular Day (that changes from year to year)...the Resurrection of Christ the Lord Jesus.....and they called that Particular Day...
EASTER.

Surely, after a couple of thousand years...
You must know the difference between;
WHAT, WHEN, WHY and BY WHOM...
The Passover "DAY" is celebrated
The Vernal Equinox "DAY" is celebrated
Easter "DAY" is celebrated

If adopting the NAME "EASTER" is offensive....

IS it also offensive...for you to call yourself a "CHRISTIAN"?

A name created BY "PAGANS" TO CALL "Jews" who followed the "Jewish Jesus" ?

Glory to God,
Taken

I called Easter pagan and you know it.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Excellent videos brother @CoreIssue Those seeking biblical truth will find them very useful.

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So why did you say:
. Calling the Pagan celebration Passover...as you IMPLY and suggest it should be....WOULD be the error.

After all your bad mouthing of the KJV,
You finally ask WHY...

Try to stay in CONTEXT...'

Herod...the king, is neither Jew or Christian.
Herod...put forth his hand ...
.....to vex....WHO?
.....certain of the church?
.....the WHAT? "Church"... (not the synagogue)!!

The early church was made up of Jews, who followed after Jesus. NOT Jews following the Pharisees!
---->

Acts.12
[1] Now about that time Herod the king stretched forth his hands to vex certain of the church.

James (brother of John) is the FIRST of the "church" that Herod "vexed"/ Killed.--->

[2] And he killed James the brother of John with the sword.

And WHO was pleased at James being killed by Herod?
The JEWS, (who follow after the Pharisees).
And Herod was so pleased to see the JEWS reaction, he decided to also KILL Peter.--->

OH, OH, LOOK What DAYS IT WAS...-->

[3] And because he saw it pleased the Jews, he proceeded further to take Peter also. (Then were the days of unleavened bread.)

So Peter was captured, and Herod had Peter put in prison, and set soldiers to Guard Peter.
And WHAT was Herods "INTENT"?
To WAIT until "AFTER EASTER" and THEN bring Peter before the people (JEWS) and Kill him.--->

[4] And when he had apprehended him, he put him in prison, and delivered him to four quaternions of soldiers to keep him; intending after Easter to bring him forth to the people.

If you understood the PASSOVER...
It was ONE DAY the Lord PASSED OVER the Jews, and Kept their babies from death.

PASSOVER ... was ONE DAY.
And the "FEAST of UNLEAVENED BREAD," began ON the PASSOVER DAY...and CONTINUED FOR "SEVEN" "DAYS"

Verse 3 already infomed you, it was the dayS of unleavened bread, when James was Killed and Peter was inprisoned .....

You should have KNOWN, the PASSOVER had ALREADY Occurred and the Feast of Unleavened Bread was taking place.

So, NO, Herod was NOT WAITING for the "PASSOVER" TO TAKE PLACE....
It had ALREADY taken place!

Just as Scripture In the KJV says, Herods Intent was to WAIT until After Easter to take place, before he intended to Kill Peter.

The Passover was never called Easter.
The Feasts of Unleavened bread was never called Easter.
Herod was not referring to Passover, which had already Passed.

Glory to God,
Taken

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After all your bad mouthing of the KJV,
You finally ask WHY...

Try to stay in CONTEXT...'

Herod...the king, is neither Jew or Christian.
Herod...put forth his hand ...
.....to vex....WHO?
.....certain of the church?
.....the WHAT? "Church"... (not the synagogue)!!

The early church was made up of Jews, who followed after Jesus. NOT Jews following the Pharisees!
---->

Acts.12
[1] Now about that time Herod the king stretched forth his hands to vex certain of the church.

James (brother of John) is the FIRST of the "church" that Herod "vexed"/ Killed.--->

[2] And he killed James the brother of John with the sword.

And WHO was pleased at James being killed by Herod?
The JEWS, (who follow after the Pharisees).
And Herod was so pleased to see the JEWS reaction, he decided to also KILL Peter.--->

OH, OH, LOOK What DAYS IT WAS...-->

[3] And because he saw it pleased the Jews, he proceeded further to take Peter also. (Then were the days of unleavened bread.)

So Peter was captured, and Herod had Peter put in prison, and set soldiers to Guard Peter.
And WHAT was Herods "INTENT"?
To WAIT until "AFTER EASTER" and THEN bring Peter before the people (JEWS) and Kill him.--->

[4] And when he had apprehended him, he put him in prison, and delivered him to four quaternions of soldiers to keep him; intending after Easter to bring him forth to the people.

If you understood the PASSOVER...
It was ONE DAY the Lord PASSED OVER the Jews, and Kept their babies from death.

PASSOVER ... was ONE DAY.
And the "FEAST of UNLEAVENED BREAD," began ON the PASSOVER DAY...and CONTINUED FOR "SEVEN" "DAYS"

Verse 3 already infomed you, it was the dayS of unleavened bread, when James was Killed and Peter was inprisoned .....

You should have KNOWN, the PASSOVER had ALREADY Occurred and the Feast of Unleavened Bread was taking place.

So, NO, Herod was NOT WAITING for the "PASSOVER" TO TAKE PLACE....
It had ALREADY taken place!

Just as Scripture In the KJV says, Herods Intent was to WAIT until After Easter to take place, before he intended to Kill Peter.

The Passover was never called Easter.
The Feasts of Unleavened bread was never called Easter.
Herod was not referring to Passover, which had already Passed.

Glory to God,
Taken

I simply pointed out problems with the KJV. It is your problem if you can't understand, see the problems and accept them.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I simply pointed out problems with the KJV. It is your problem if you can't understand, see the problems and accept them.

I understand your problem and complaint with the KJV, was the use of the word Easter INSTEAD of the word Passover.

I just showed you IN Scripture the Truth.
Passover Day had already been Celebrated, because...according to Scripture the JEWS were now celebrating the 7 days of Feasts of Unleavened Bread, (that was taught in Exodus, that you could easily have verified)

Passover was/is a Jewish celebration...
Jews historically gathered together in large crowds in the city.

Easter was a celebration of the Spring Equinox.

You should have noticed Herods Intent, was to Kill Peter in front of a Large crowd (that had already gathered in the city)...
JEWS and Gentiles (not followers of Jesus),
That THEY would applaud and be pleased With Herod for Killing Peter, who WAS A follower of Jesus!

The Passover ~ is Gods Passover, and was taught to the Hebrews and passed on down to the 12 Tribes of Israel, to Keep in Remembrance.

The Passover and immediately following, Feast of Unleavened Bread was Gods direction for Hebrews and their descendants to Continue.

The Spring Vernal Equinox was celebrated by historical People as the longest day, equal in length to night, as an introduction of crops and plants coming back to life after winter.
And that became called Easter.

Births and Deaths BY the Jewish people was NOT celebrated.

It was Later, Followers of Christ Jesus; primarily Gentiles; who began, calling THEMSELVES Christians....AND...celebrating the Death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ...
And adopted the term Easter, as a DAY for all calling THEMSELVES "Christians", to Celebrate, regardless of WHERE in the World they Lived.

The Passover...."TIME", was Decided by God, in a Particular MONTH, (Abib) on a Particular DAY. (14th)

The Vernal Equinox...."TIME", is Decided by Which Particular MONTH and DAY, the Equinox
IS, celebrated on the first full moon after the vernal equinox.

The Celebration of Christians Remembering Christ Jesus' Death and Resurrection, was DECIDED, By "a gathering of Christian men, holding a Council meeting", in A.D. 325, in Nicaea, BY order of the Emperor Constantine,
THAT
Decided the Remembrance of Jesus' Resurrection would be Held ON Sunday...
the first Sunday after the first full moon of the vernal equinox.
And That, A revered and popular MONK, coined, EASTER, and the tradition of the Celebration Day continues, as does What that day is Called..."Easter Sunday".

Scripture that was called "Easter"....is Correct.
Passover had already taken place...
Herod's Intent was to WAIT until after the celebration of EASTER....
EASTER at that time was Exclusively, the Vernal Equinox.

Herod died in (approx) 4 BC.
The Christian celebration of Christ Jesus' resurrection was decided By Emporer Constantine (approx) AD 325.
Obviously 300 + years AFTER Herods death.

The Understanding is clear.
Your position the KJV is wrong, is faulty.
The Passover had already occurred, so Herod was intent on waiting for the Easter, celebration (of the Vernal equinox) is Correct.
If scripture and history does not convince you of your faulty claim, that would not be my problem.

Glory to God,
Taken

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand your problem and complaint with the KJV, was the use of the word Easter INSTEAD of the word Passover.

I just showed you IN Scripture the Truth.
Passover Day had already been Celebrated, because...according to Scripture the JEWS were now celebrating the 7 days of Feasts of Unleavened Bread, (that was taught in Exodus, that you could easily have verified)

Passover was/is a Jewish celebration...
Jews historically gathered together in large crowds in the city.

Easter was a celebration of the Spring Equinox.

You should have noticed Herods Intent, was to Kill Peter in front of a Large crowd (that had already gathered in the city)...
JEWS and Gentiles (not followers of Jesus),
That THEY would applaud and be pleased With Herod for Killing Peter, who WAS A follower of Jesus!

The Passover ~ is Gods Passover, and was taught to the Hebrews and passed on down to the 12 Tribes of Israel, to Keep in Remembrance.

The Passover and immediately following, Feast of Unleavened Bread was Gods direction for Hebrews and their descendants to Continue.

The Spring Vernal Equinox was celebrated by historical People as the longest day, equal in length to night, as an introduction of crops and plants coming back to life after winter.
And that became called Easter.

Births and Deaths BY the Jewish people was NOT celebrated.

It was Later, Followers of Christ Jesus; primarily Gentiles; who began, calling THEMSELVES Christians....AND...celebrating the Death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ...
And adopted the term Easter, as a DAY for all calling THEMSELVES "Christians", to Celebrate, regardless of WHERE in the World they Lived.

The Passover...."TIME", was Decided by God, in a Particular MONTH, (Abib) on a Particular DAY. (14th)

The Vernal Equinox...."TIME", is Decided by Which Particular MONTH and DAY, the Equinox
IS, celebrated on the first full moon after the vernal equinox.

The Celebration of Christians Remembering Christ Jesus' Death and Resurrection, was DECIDED, By "a gathering of Christian men, holding a Council meeting", in A.D. 325, in Nicaea, BY order of the Emperor Constantine,
THAT
Decided the Remembrance of Jesus' Resurrection would be Held ON Sunday...
the first Sunday after the first full moon of the vernal equinox.
And That, A revered and popular MONK, coined, EASTER, and the tradition of the Celebration Day continues, as does What that day is Called..."Easter Sunday".

Scripture that was called "Easter"....is Correct.
Passover had already taken place...
Herod's Intent was to WAIT until after the celebration of EASTER....
EASTER at that time was Exclusively, the Vernal Equinox.

Herod died in (approx) 4 BC.
The Christian celebration of Christ Jesus' resurrection was decided By Emporer Constantine (approx) AD 325.
Obviously 300 + years AFTER Herods death.

The Understanding is clear.
Your position the KJV is wrong, is faulty.
The Passover had already occurred, so Year Herod was intent on waiting for the Easter, celebration (of the Vernal equinox) is Correct.
If scripture and history does not convince you of your faulty claim, that would not be my problem.

Glory to God,
Taken
Passover, not Easter.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Passover, not Easter.

Passover After Passover....LOL

I'm sure some Jews would also find Christian Churches teaching that ....ridiculous.

But hey...If you think Passover After Passover Is the correct teaching...okie dokie.

Glory to God,
Taken