Is God evil?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Scripture is clear, God created Evil.
Scripture is clear, God reveals what is Good.
Scripture is clear, Men have a Freewill Choice.
Scripture is clear, God desires men to Freely Choose the Path that leads to Goodness, Righteousness and holiness...
Scripture is clear, God has created and defined what is the opposite of Goodness, Righteousness and holiness.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken,

'Scripture is clear' - in your view - about all these things. But you quoted not one verse of Scripture to support your claim.

So, your statements are personal opinions until you provide the exegesis from Scripture.

Oz

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Taken,

'Scripture is clear' - in your view - about all these things. But you quoted not one verse of Scripture to support your claim.

So, your statements are personal opinions until you provide the exegesis from Scripture.

Oz

My statements are verified by many Scriptures...and these are but a few that you apparently could not search the Scriptures and find.

Isa 45
[7] I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Pss 136
[1] O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.

Josh 24
[15] And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Scripture is clear, God desires men to Freely Choose the Path that leads to Goodness, Righteousness and holiness...

John 21
[19] This spake he, signifying by what death he should glorify God. And when he had spoken this, he saith unto him, Follow me.
Scripture is clear, God has created and defined what is the opposite of Goodness, Righteousness and holiness.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
tzcho2,

You are correct.

I have addressed the exegesis of Isa 45:7 and the exposition of it in the article, Isaiah 45:7: Who or what is the origin of evil?

Oz

God addressed Creation...He is the Creator.

Gen 1
[1] In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Gen 2
[9] And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

God created the Tree of Knowledge "OF GOOD AND OF EVIL".

Every Individual man CAN Freely Choose....to seek and Follow Good...or to seek and Follow Evil.

And "most" men could EASILY REASON....
Following after GOOD, will reflect on the man being MADE good, and Judged as good.
Following after EVIL, will reflect on the man being MADE evil, and Judged as evil.

Glory to God,
Taken

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My statements are verified by many Scriptures...and these are but a few that you apparently could not search the Scriptures and find.

Isa 45
[7] I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Pss 136
[1] O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.

Josh 24
[15] And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

John 21
[19] This spake he, signifying by what death he should glorify God. And when he had spoken this, he saith unto him, Follow me.

Glory to God,
Taken
It
is
only
your
opinion
that you
based upon
the KJV--only.
(thought I'd try the style of spacing every thought but, lol! think I'll go back to paragraph form :p)

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People say God is evil because all the death he causes Bible among other.

Others say God is love.

Others say God is just.

How do we reconcile these things?
Man thinks he is inherently good, and hence God exercising justice at will is considered evil. This comes from holding a non-biblical world view and perspective, even from professing believers who think their view is biblical.

If people really understood the fall of man, the deserving of justice for sin, none would ever ask such a foolish question or make such a foolish charge.

A wrong unbiblical view of man, a wrong unbiblical view of God is the cause of such absurd thinking. Too many professing believers have a high view of man, and a low view of God. They think since "God is love" it means he would be unfair to exercise his judgment at will because said action would be "unloving."

God as God has full right to exercise justice on any human being at any time.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Man thinks he is inherently good, and hence God exercising justice at will is considered evil. This comes from holding a non-biblical world view and perspective, even from professing believers who think their view is biblical.

If people really understood the fall of man, the deserving of justice for sin, none would ever ask such a foolish question or make such a foolish charge.

A wrong unbiblical view of man, a wrong unbiblical view of God is the cause of such absurd thinking. Too many professing believers have a high view of man, and a low view of God. They think since "God is love" it means he would be unfair to exercise his judgment at will because said action would be "unloving."

God as God has full right to exercise justice on any human being at any time.
Those all are true statements you made in your post, and I would add that people fail to understand that God is Holy and what that means. Many try to make God in their own image of what they would prefer their God to be.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those all are true statements you made in your post, and I would add that people fail to understand that God is Holy and what that means. Many try to make God in their own image of what they would prefer their God to be.
One won't see many churches preaching on personal holiness. That's too old-fashioned.

Consequently, in the minds of these the holiness of God also takes a hit, by necessity.

Justice is distorted as well, few preach on God exercising justice, that would assume man is evil and deserving. Can't have that or pews would not be s full.

So as a replacement, we now have intersectionality, Marxism, and critical theory being preached as a quasi call for "justice."

The problem is, of course, that those preaching this type of "justice" want it practiced on everyone but themselves.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It
is
only
your
opinion
that you
based upon
the KJV--only.
(thought I'd try the style of spacing every thought but, lol! think I'll go back to paragraph form :p)

No problem with me, with what style you CHOOSE to write!
No problem with me, IF YOUR CHOSEN Biblical Version does not reveal God is the Creator.
No problem with me, that you Trust your Opinion and do not Trust Scriptures I base my beliefs on.
I have many different Versions of Biblical Scriptures, and they ALL say, God is the Creator, and
whether or not YOU like or dislike which Version I CHOOSE to quote from, It is MY right to CHOOSE,
same as it is YOUR right to Choose which Version you like to quote from.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
CoreIssue said:
People say God is evil...

Man thinks he is inherently good,

"People say"....
"Man thinks"....

Sort of like talking about a non existent third person, that is not on the forum, saying or sharing their thoughts....

I have NEVER heard any person say...they think God is Evil.
I have NEVER heard any person say...they THINK they are inherently good.

How does such claims and discussions thereof Glorify God?

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since your quoting was off, the above is off as well.

I don't buy you've never heard anyone say this. Not buying that at all. Totally disingenuous on your part. :)

Nice try though.

Typical!!

I have never heard anyone claim what you say People "THINK", and you have QUOTED "no one", saying that is what "THEY" Think...and instead of you being accountable for your own ability to dictate what some unidentified people "THINK"...
You blurt out unfounded charges Against me.

However you forgot to answer the question...of how that glorifies God.

Glory to God,
Taken

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No problem with me, with what style you CHOOSE to write!
No problem with me, IF YOUR CHOSEN Biblical Version does not reveal God is the Creator.
No problem with me, that you Trust your Opinion and do not Trust Scriptures I base my beliefs on.
I have many different Versions of Biblical Scriptures, and they ALL say, God is the Creator, and
whether or not YOU like or dislike which Version I CHOOSE to quote from, It is MY right to CHOOSE,
same as it is YOUR right to Choose which Version you like to quote from.

Glory to God,
Taken
Yes you can chose whatever version you want to quote from, but why get angry & indignant when someone challenges a translated specific "word" that the KJV uses that has caused misunderstanding?
Here is my problem, you cannot seem to argue your point of view without emotionalism, resorting to sniping, insinuating insults. You can't discuss disagreements of opinion in a mature manner.
Btw, I own many copies of the Bible and most of them are the KJV, which is my personal preference btw. You have shown a tendency to lose your cool and get bent out of shape if someone challenges your precious opinions esp about the KJV.
Fyi, I know God is the Creator who is not the author of sin , nor is God the author of evil.

James 1:13 "13 When tempted, No One Should Say, "God is tempting me." For God Cannot be tempted by evil, NOR does He Tempt anyone. 14 But each one is tempted when by his own evil desires he is lured away and enticed.…"

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hahaha Gary, you've apparently missed allot on here...things have changed since allot of the regulars have jumped ship :(
It is not because CI believe it himself, but these are the statements many have heard people claim or question about God.